Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Demolition at the Dude

vCash
    Hey guy's I started going to MSU baseball games as a freshman in 1973. We first sat on blankets with coolers alongside. A couple of seasons later we started pulling cars up and we sat on car hoods, coolers in the trunk. I was really excited when Polkie bitched and moaned and raised enough money to build the old girl. I have enjoyed many, many good times in LFL, thanks to some friends who were the first in line for their spot. Some of ya'll may remember my friend David Cook.
    The point I want to make is that we have been through many transitions and the only constant is US, the fans!
    We are starting something new, but one thing will always remain with us is the love for MSU!

vCash
    It's a little like my recent trip to Suntrust Park... it's great and all but so was Turner Field. Was this necessary??
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    That's the common line but not the correct line per the person that wrote the liability policy for the university. It's more about $$$$$. We wanted to keep our same spot in centerfield but were informed it had been sold so we were moved over several spots.
    That's not good..LFL spots should have been renewed in the same exact spots..I thought that was the agreement.. that would piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    I'm really hoping for a construction cam so we can monitor it like we were able to do for the Davis Wade renovation
    I agree... get it up asap...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    That's not good..LFL spots should have been renewed in the same exact spots..I thought that was the agreement.. that would piss me off.

I agree... get it up asap...
    There was going to have to be some movement since each spot is now reduced to 8' X 16' in the front row and 8' X 20' in the back row and all jammed together sharing common sides. It just upset us when we were told that our spot was 'sold' even though we re-upped and requested to stay where we were.

I hope they put up a webcam too like another poster mentioned. If they don't, I'll try to drop by every Sunday and snap a few pics to put on the board. It won't be any trouble. I live about 5 minutes from there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    I'm really hoping for a construction cam so we can monitor it like we were able to do for the Davis Wade renovation
    Yeah, we need to make sure they do it right.

vCash
    They'll never be finished in time.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    Yeah, we need to make sure they do it right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    There was going to have to be some movement since each spot is now reduced to 8' X 16' in the front row and 8' X 20' in the back row and all jammed together sharing common sides. It just upset us when we were told that our spot was 'sold' even though we re-upped and requested to stay where we were.

I hope they put up a webcam too like another poster mentioned. If they don't, I'll try to drop by every Sunday and snap a few pics to put on the board. It won't be any trouble. I live about 5 minutes from there.
    MSU will 17up a one car funeral. That is what we do.

The death of the LFL is beyond insane. But progresss....sure.

vCash
    Man I'm gonna miss those aluminum bleachers. Last time I drank wiskey in them was the super with Arizona. I remember we had it and then we didn't, a lot was lost in between to the whiskey neat. I think that dude with the Mohawk looking hair cut slammed one over the right field wall close to the old scoreboard. Hit the bottle and walked to the car. Can't wait to see the new stadium. Wild times to be a STATE fan boys! Enjoy it.

vCash
    The only things I don't understand about the new stadium construction- keeping the front row of seats. Why? It seems more expensive to do so and unnecessary.

The second is the berms. Why not just go ahead and put chairbacks in from foul line to foul line? Especially if that is the long range plan anyway. If we really want berms then put them behind the first and third base side by where the second level of the stadium ends. That way you get more capacity for a SR or SBW when we need it and it's more feasible for everyone to have a seat during a regular game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The only things I don't understand about the new stadium construction- keeping the front row of seats. Why? It seems more expensive to do so and unnecessary.

The second is the berms. Why not just go ahead and put chairbacks in from foul line to foul line? Especially if that is the long range plan anyway. If we really want berms then put them behind the first and third base side by where the second level of the stadium ends. That way you get more capacity for a SR or SBW when we need it and it's more feasible for everyone to have a seat during a regular game.
    ^This

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    MSU will 17up a one car funeral. That is what we do.

The death of the LFL is beyond insane. But progresss....sure.
    Not really sure what to say about LFL. I love seeing it on the tv and in person. Love the smoke billowing over the fence.
    Hope they do not destroy it, but only a old few bulldogs got to enjoy it anyways. Everyone else was seen as a moocher, and looked down upon. Never really sat right with me. Doesn't seem what that thing should be about, but given I wasn't the one buying the food and paying for the setup.
    With all that being said, I hope they do not destroy the atmosphere, but I am sure it will change it and some will be ticked.