Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just ventured over to the Spirit

vCash
    Idiots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    They honestly think they're gonna take down the whole conference? I refuse to pick them on anymore. I was raised better than to make fun of handicapped people. Smh.
    And it will be this attitude where they try to pull other conference members into the fire, even though their leaders know that they crossed many lines and broke many rules, that will set them on a course for being removed from the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    They honestly think they're gonna take down the whole conference?
    Ever read the Conference bylaws? There's this nugget about suspension/expulsion from the conference; You can be kicked out for "...conduct deemed to be incompatible with membership."

Trying to torch the rest of the Conference is pretty incompatible...

vCash
    I fully expect more lawsuits. Not sure why an OM fan would think that's a good thing.

vCash
    I'm enjoying this SO MUCH!!! What am I going to do when this is over and OM has been decimated?!? I guess we will have to get a new rival.*** Seriously the shenanigans are helping me make it through the doldrums of summer.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Did y'all expect them not to find a way to win this off-season too? They are the annual offfseason national champs for a reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    I'm enjoying this SO MUCH!!! What am I going to do when this is over and OM has been decimated?!? I guess we will have to get a new rival.*** Seriously the shenanigans are helping me make it through the doldrums of summer.
    Dan will just set his Mayberry Machiavelli sights on Bama.***

vCash
    I know that when bama got busted for Albert Means they blamed it on tenn. and fulmer specifically. They had a lawyer that threatened to serve fulmer with papers when he stepped foot in Alabama for the sec meetings and then again when tenn. came to tuscaloosa for their game. It seems like i remember fulmer missing the sec meetings at the time for some reason (maybe i am wrong about that though).

Does anyone remember if anything ever happened with that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    I know that when bama got busted for Albert Means they blamed it on tenn. and fulmer specifically. They had a lawyer that threatened to serve fulmer with papers when he stepped foot in Alabama for the sec meetings and then again when tenn. came to tuscaloosa for their game. It seems like i remember fulmer missing the sec meetings at the time for some reason (maybe i am wrong about that though).

Does anyone remember if anything ever happened with that?
    I remember he missed that SEC media days, and I think the subpoena was coming from a lawsuit from an asst. coaches Ronnie Cottrell and Ivy Williams in a defamation suit.
    Lawsuit was dismissed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I remember he missed that SEC media days, and I think the subpoena was coming from a lawsuit from an asst. coaches Ronnie Cottrell and Ivy Williams in a defamation suit.
    Lawsuit was dismissed.
    They didn't sue Fulmer, it was Tom Culpepper (recruiting analyst) and the NCAA, Paul finebaum, SEC and a host of others. The judge threw out the lawsuit against the NCAA, SEC, Finebaum, etc. and removed Ivy Williams as a plaintiff, in the end it was just defamation that Cottrell went against Culpepper and a jury awarded $30 MIL to them. A few months later the verdict was overturned in what the judge declared the decision bias and severely flawed. Years later in his book the judge described the lawsuit as little more than a hoax and there was no conspiracy to bring down Ivy, Cottrell, and Alabama Football. The Alabama Supreme Court agreed with the judge's decision and the US Supreme denied him to hear an appeal. Cottrell attorney used the local and national media to mislead the Fulmer and Tenn connection which the judge found a lot of shoddy reporting by the media and hiding of documents that showed that Tenn reported to the SEC of issues concerning Means but never mention any other school. The SEC classified it as rumor at the time. Cottrell's attorney also tried withhold evidence to the media that it was Arkansas that reported the violation not Tenn to play up the bias and misleading the public....boy does this playbook not seem familiar right now within our own state.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 06-18-2017 at 06:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    They didn't sue Fulmer, it was Tom Culpepper (recruiting analyst) and the NCAA, Paul finebaum, SEC and a host of others. The judge threw out the lawsuit against the NCAA, SEC, Finebaum, etc. and removed Ivy Williams as a plaintiff, in the end it was just defamation that Cottrell went against Culpepper and a jury awarded $30 MIL to them. A few months later the verdict was overturned in what the judge declared the decision bias and severely flawed. Years later in his book the judge described the lawsuit as little more than a hoax and there was no conspiracy to bring down Ivy, Cottrell, and Alabama Football. The Alabama Supreme Court agreed with the judge's decision. Cottrell attorney used the local and national media to mislead the Fulmer and Tenn connection which the judge found a lot of shoddy reporting by the media and hiding of documents that showed that Tenn reported to the SEC of issues concerning Means but never mention any other school. The SEC classified it as rumor at the time. Cottrell's attorney also tried withhold evidence to the media that it was Arkansas that reported the violation not Tenn to play up the bias and misleading the public....boy does this playbook not seem familiar right now within our own state.
    That's pretty accurate... Phat Phil dropped dime (along with TC) as "secret witnesses"...

Additionally, (I believe) UGA, UK, Memphis, Arkie also got in a lil trouble for their recruitment of Means, although it wasn't the bomb they dropped on TTown....

This is why OM's reaction is so perplexing to me... If the NCAA has a hard on for you, you're screwed... and if they (the NCAA) will do that to a conference's cash cow (that was cooperative) over 1 (major) incident, imagine what they will want to do to a belligerent, welfare case, never-was-anybody program like OM....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    That's pretty accurate... Phat Phil dropped dime (along with TC) as "secret witnesses"...

Additionally, (I believe) UGA, UK, Memphis, Arkie also got in a lil trouble for their recruitment of Means, although it wasn't the bomb they dropped on TTown....

This is why OM's reaction is so perplexing to me... If the NCAA has a hard on for you, you're screwed... and if they (the NCAA) will do that to a conference's cash cow (that was cooperative) over 1 (major) incident, imagine what they will want to do to a belligerent, welfare case, never-was-anybody program like OM....
    Kentucky, Michigan State and UNM were also mentioned as teams that Lang solicited as well. Kentucky had a booster pay $6,000 for a visit and got a 1 year bowl ban from that. I don't think anyone else got much or anything. Michigan St walked away from him after Lang solicited $200,000. Supposedly Doonan gave like $700 out of pocket but it was never proven. But you are right with those schools in that recruitment as well.

vCash
    Kentucky, Michigan State and UNM were also mentioned as teams that Lang solicited as well. Kentucky had a booster pay $6,000 for a visit and got a 1 year bowl ban from that. I don't think anyone else got much or anything. Michigan St walked away from him after Lang solicited $200,000. Supposedly Doonan gave like $700 out of pocket but it was never proven. But you are right with those schools in that recruitment as well.
    I also neglected to address the original question.... Fulmer did skip SECMDays that year to avoid being served and/or shot.....

No.

vCash
    I also neglected to address the original question.... Fulmer did skip SECMDays that year to avoid being served and/or shot.....
    Yes but he was going to be subpoenaed for deposition in that case not served as a defendant if I remember correctly. He was later sued by Kenny Smith for defamation because of statements he made to NCAA investigators that was discovered in the Logan Young trial. Correct me if I'm wrong. It was a legal mess during all that.

vCash
    Yes but he was going to be subpoenaed for deposition in that case not served as a defendant if I remember correctly. He was later sued by Kenny Smith for defamation because of statements he made to NCAA investigators that was discovered in the Logan Young trial. Correct me if I'm wrong. It was a legal mess during all that.
    Yeppers.... it was for a depo, IIRC....

No.

vCash
    imagine what they will want to do to a belligerent, welfare case, never-was-anybody program like OM....

vCash
    Yeppers.... it was for a depo, IIRC....
    All of that is why what OM is doing is pretty dumb to me other than they are trying some of the same media tactics trying to make this case all about LL and MSU. But none of those lawsuits, disassociated booster Wendall Smith defamation lawsuit against Fulmer - Tenn and NCAA thrown out (their testimony was ruled to be private with enforcement and had no way of knowing that a federal grand jury was going to subpoena those records in the Logan Young trial and become public), Cottrell and Ivy thrown out and/or overturned, Kenny Smith and his mother liable, slander, and I think defamation as well, thrown out by judges, and some of those cases were 5-6 years old and filed multiple times, thrown out.

ETA. I know Culpepper attorneys fees were paid by the NCAA as part of his testimony agreement and I think others were as well.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 06-18-2017 at 07:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coastdoglover View Post
    chuck is feeding the sheep by saying more law suits are coming. Freeze is preaching as usual and the fools are more worried about MSU's John Does than theirs. It is a comedy act at best. Going to be some mad people in the end when they have more than 20 level ones and they have to look at who the real culprit's are.
    They are clinging to the very last shred of hope they have to come out of this at least a little vindicated. Misery loves company, and they are desperately trying to grasp at straws and drag someone down with them.

ETA: please, please, PLEASE try to "gut" the NCAA, Bears. P-L-E-A-S-E!!!
    Last edited by BossDawg; 06-19-2017 at 02:41 PM.

vCash
    All of that is why what OM is doing is pretty dumb to me other than they are trying some of the same media tactics trying to make this case all about LL and MSU. But none of those lawsuits, disassociated booster Wendall Smith defamation lawsuit against Fulmer - Tenn and NCAA thrown out (their testimony was ruled to be private with enforcement and had no way of knowing that a federal grand jury was going to subpoena those records in the Logan Young trial and become public), Cottrell and Ivy thrown out and/or overturned, Kenny Smith and his mother liable, slander, and I think defamation as well, thrown out by judges, and some of those cases were 5-6 years old and filed multiple times, thrown out.

ETA. I know Culpepper attorneys fees were paid by the NCAA as part of his testimony agreement and I think others were as well.
    I shoulda pushed Phat Phil and Culpepper up a set of stairs, too....*

No.

vCash
    I shoulda pushed Phat Phil and Culpepper up a set of stairs, too....*
    I don't know about Culpepper, but pushing Phil UP a set of stairs would be quite an accomplishment ....

Was Means that good? I saw him play a couple of times after all the incidents (Memphis State?) and he just looked like a fat slob to be.