Thread: Anther great Dak article.

vCash

Anther great Dak article.

This one shoots down the comparisons to RGIII.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017...rt-griffin-iii

vCash
    One thing that's been bothering me, that I've seen hinted at in some articles and/or the comments, is that a lot of "experts" and Cowboys fans seem to be wanting to take credit for taking a raw Dak and themselves turning him into the winner he is.

Dak himself has said repeatedly he got exposed to the vast majority of stuff he saw while at MSU. Sure, he's spending more time under center than in college, but he said he was prepared.

I'm getting a little tired of those that keep acting like it was the Dallas coaching staff that "turned him around so quickly".

vCash
    I hear what you are saying, but even the most optimistic Bulldog and Prescott fans among us would have to admit that Dak exceeded above and beyond our wildest expectations as a rookie. Therefore I think some credit should be given to the Cowboy coaching staff. Yes, Dak himself deserves most of the credit, but Dallas did a great job bringing him along. Dak accomplished in year one what I expected to take at least two if not three years.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    One thing that's been bothering me, that I've seen hinted at in some articles and/or the comments, is that a lot of "experts" and Cowboys fans seem to be wanting to take credit for taking a raw Dak and themselves turning him into the winner he is.

Dak himself has said repeatedly he got exposed to the vast majority of stuff he saw while at MSU. Sure, he's spending more time under center than in college, but he said he was prepared.

I'm getting a little tired of those that keep acting like it was the Dallas coaching staff that "turned him around so quickly".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Schmedlap View Post
    I hear what you are saying, but even the most optimistic Bulldog and Prescott fans among us would have to admit that Dak exceeded above and beyond our wildest expectations as a rookie. Therefore I think some credit should be given to the Cowboy coaching staff. Yes, Dak himself deserves most of the credit, but Dallas did a great job bringing him along. Dak accomplished in year one what I expected to take at least two if not three years.
    Actually, I did expect Dak to excel. I just didn't think he would get the chance so soon. I have no doubt the Dallas staff has been great with Dak, but I also think it was largely due to Romo's injury forcing the issue on them.

I have no quarrel with those who say Dallas has handled him well, and helped him to get better. My issue is with those who want to act like he was completely raw, and only came to them with a great attitude and work ethic.

Dan and staff deserve more credit than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    Actually, I did expect Dak to excel. I just didn't think he would get the chance so soon. I have no doubt the Dallas staff has been great with Dak, but I also think it was largely due to Romo's injury forcing the issue on them.

I have no quarrel with those who say Dallas has handled him well, and helped him to get better. My issue is with those who want to act like he was completely raw, and only came to them with a great attitude and work ethic.

Dan and staff deserve more credit than that.
    Great post. After watching what Dak did at State since 2014 it was obvious he had the "IT" factor necessary to succeed quickly in the NFL. Combine in his desire and will to succeed in memory of his mom with his natural gifts and talent I would have been disappointed if he didn't make rookie of the year.