Thread: OT: The US Open just seems wierd this year...

vCash

OT: The US Open just seems wierd this year...

Not to mention the FOX coverage is just odd to me. I never heard of half of the players in contention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Not to mention the FOX coverage is just odd to me. I never heard of half of the players in contention.
    Any golf broadcast without Jim Nance is just weird to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    Weird but erfectly acceptable. That guy has gotten old to me. I could also do without Paul Azinger.

vCash
    2 words.
    Holly Sonders

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    2 words.
    Holly Sonders
    Was she on today? I don't remember seeing her. She sorta overdid her enhancement, but if she wanted to be noticed, she certainly succeeded.

vCash
    Considering nantz has never covered a us open...I'd say NBC is missed covering the us open

vCash
    2 words.
    Holly Sonders
    She's hot but damn she brings NOTHING to the broadcast. Hell google her if you want to she a hot face

vCash
    I really like fox coverage. Lots of pro tracer plus they actually start the coverage at 10 AM every day instead of waiting until late afternoon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    She's hot but damn she brings NOTHING to the broadcast. Hell google her if you want to she a hot face
    What chick does? What did you expect her to do break down swings? She was right where she needed to be back in the studio with 2 pros and be eye candy..
    I guess Fox should bring in Julie Inkster and replace Holly.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Would have been better if someone would have shot down that ****ing airplane that never stopped and it landed on the assholes that think they have to yell stupid shit every golf swing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Would have been better if someone would have shot down that ****ing airplane that never stopped and it landed on the assholes that think they have to yell stupid shit every golf swing.
    Bababooey!

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Every Fox broadcast has that plane flying around. I am sure its one of those planes with an ad behind it and provides aerial shots. they really should use a blimp.

vCash
    2 words.
    Holly Sonders
    She looked 10x more attractive when she first started on GC. Too much surgery. That nose looks like a ski slope now.

All that being said, she's still ridiculously attractive.

vCash
    Bababooey!
    I think my favorite one all week was "X gone give it to ya!"

I do agree they should quell that nonsense though. It just gets old. It's like a bunch of juvenile kids drinking beer for the first time hollering stuff to impress their equally insufferable friends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Honestly if you've never heard of half the players in contention, then you don't really watch that much golf (and that's okay.)

I personally liked FOX coverage of the Open. They get shit on all the time and yeah there could be improvements (like the protracer and/or the sound of the swing being early,) but to get almost 12 hours of coverage each day for four days and have multiple cameras for different groups/holes was pretty impressive. Joe Buck gets on my nerves, but other than that, who doesn't like good golf and hours of protracer?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by It_Could_Happen View Post
    I really like fox coverage. Lots of pro tracer plus they actually start the coverage at 10 AM every day instead of waiting until late afternoon.
    This! I love when Fox covers the Open because they actually show the whole damn thing instead of just 4 hours a day. Joe Buck and Azinger suck though. Buck was giving away that the put was about to be made before it happened. Who does that besides that guy? Just shut your mouth for 2 seconds and let everyone see it go in themselves instead of spoiling it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Every Fox broadcast has that plane flying around. I am sure its one of those planes with an ad behind it and provides aerial shots. they really should use a blimp.
    They said it wasn't theirs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    This! I love when Fox covers the Open because they actually show the whole damn thing instead of just 4 hours a day. Joe Buck and Azinger suck though. Buck was giving away that the put was about to be made before it happened. Who does that besides that guy? Just shut your mouth for 2 seconds and let everyone see it go in themselves instead of spoiling it.
    Yeah Azinger rubbed me the wrong way a lot over the tournament. For example he chastised Justin Thomas over his use of the term "we." Who gives a 39?

He also berated some guy for using the aimpoint method and just like "just walk up and knock the ball in the hole." Dude is a clown.

However, he's not nearly as insufferable as Johnny Miller