Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: No Sports Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: No Sports Edition

I'm down at camp in an u disclosed location down Hwy 1 on da Bayou. White cans

vCash
    Went to Walker's Drive-In tonight for a friend's birthday. The wife and I had BBQ fried oysters, jumbo lump crab cake, I had veal and lobster with Madeira cream and two Stoli Martinis. Wife had redfish with jumbo lump and was drinkn Tennessee Mules. And Heath Bar Tiramisu for dessert. It didnt suck.

vCash
    Blackened salmon and the best green bean casserole that my wife makes, my usual bloodies, stoli w/clamato and a dab of horseradish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I'm down at camp in an u disclosed location down Hwy 1 on da Bayou. White cans
    Beastman, what are white cans?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Beastman, what are white cans?

vCash
    Got my limit of reds this morning from the kayak. Caught 12 reds, 2 trout, and a ground mullet. Now it's time to relax at the camp and get back to some white cans

Banned
    vCash
    Got my limit of reds this morning from the kayak. Caught 12 reds, 2 trout, and a ground mullet. Now it's time to relax at the camp and get back to some white cans
    Gonna cook those fresh fish outside? Whatcha puttin on em? How ya cookin em?

vCash
    White cans are okay, My preference red, white and blue cans!

vCash
    Started with some grilled grouper on an a bed of couscous and white sauce smothered in crab meat. With some glen morangie.

Hoping to beat that before the weekend is over.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Easy on the no sports cowboy....US Open!!!

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Not cooking at all this wkd. Had leftover quesadillas last night after a long week. Taking in laws to eat this evening at silverstar steakhouse, great steak in town, before LSU baseball tonite. Yes I hope they lose. Mrs I seen it is making her meatloaf tomorrow. Mom the meatloaf ****!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    Went to Walker's Drive-In tonight for a friend's birthday. The wife and I had BBQ fried oysters, jumbo lump crab cake, I had veal and lobster with Madeira cream and two Stoli Martinis. Wife had redfish with jumbo lump and was drinkn Tennessee Mules. And Heath Bar Tiramisu for dessert. It didnt suck.
    You have peaked my interest with the BBQ fried Oysters..... describe please
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    You have peaked my interest with the BBQ fried Oysters..... describe please
    Hear hear

vCash
    BOOOM!!

Got you some FINE eating there
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Picked up some beautiful Wellfleet oysters this morning. Had them with some grilled lamb chops and a simple mint sauce. I marinated the lamb in olive oil, rosemary, garlic, and lemon zest. Delicious. Drinking some Rolling Rock today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Picked up some beautiful Wellfleet oysters this morning. Had them with some grilled lamb chops and a simple mint sauce. I marinated the lamb in olive oil, rosemary, garlic, and lemon zest. Delicious. Drinking some Rolling Rock today.

Woo Wee.. damn

vCash
    Live Action. Good fish

Grand Isle Kayak limit. Left camp late at 7 and was back at 1045 #KCkayaks

Ended on Elmers Island. White cans and played around in the surf. Caught 3 trout from noon till 4 but emptied a yeti

vCash
    Live Action. Good fish

Grand Isle Kayak limit. Left camp late at 7 and was back at 1045 #KCkayaks

Ended on Elmers Island. White cans and played around in the surf. Caught 3 trout from noon till 4 but emptied a yeti

Those are some gorgeous reds, Beast. Well done!

vCash
    Sitting out with some white cans after an elitedawgs hiatus the past few weeks. I didn't get on and we kept winning so I stayed off. Now that we are no longer alive I will share my cooking adventures once again. I have a porkloin stuffed with jalape?os and cream cheese on the grill right now. Nothing special to go with it just some fresh cream sweet corn I got from a fella parked on the side of the road. Got tomatoes for a BLT this week as well. Got ribeyes, baked beans, and a hashbrown casserole for Father's Day with the in-laws after church in the morning. Will try and get some pics posted later and tomorrow. Looks like you are having a fine time in the bayou beast. I'm a bit jealous.

vCash
    Cowboy ribeye and filet 2.25" thick. Just put on grill. With these thick ass steaks I've been reverse searing by turning far left burner on medium and steak on right side. Flip every 6 min until about 120 internal, then sear both sides with all burners on high w lid open. Perfect every time. Jack on the rocks.