Thread: Deep Sea Fishing

vCash

Deep Sea Fishing

Does anyone have any recommendations of a company in Venice, La that does half day charters in the Gulf?

vCash
    That's a tough one because Venice is pretty hardcore and a half days aren't that common down there. That said, contact guys and tell them what you want and I'm sure some outfit will hook you up. Capt Joey Davis with Voodoo Charters is a state fan and MS gulf coast native. That could be a good place to start.

vCash
    I'm going out a week from Sunday out of Destin. Got a group going made up of my family and my wife's family.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWillScrewItUp View Post
    I'm going out a week from Sunday out of Destin. Got a group going made up of my family and my wife's family.
    I went out about 20 years ago from Destin and thought it was great. All I did was show up at that pier around 6:30 and waited for a boat to show. we were off by 7am. brought back a chest full of fish that the 1st mate cut up for us nicely. it was a boat that could handle about 7 or so fisherman along with the captain and 1st mate. all it cost was $100 plus the customary $20 tip to the 1st mate.

I'd be willing to bet you can't get a deal like that anymore. it was a 1/2 day deal.

vCash
    That is almost exactly the deal I signed up for. Except I haven't brought fish back yet and we are doing an afternoon trip.

vCash
    Not deep sea fishing but I went out with Shane Mayfield a few years back (Adventure South Charters) and it was great. It was inshore but my dad and I had a limit of specs and reds and were headed back to MS by noon. We paid $600 for the boat and that was for the whole day, once we got our limit we decided to head back but could have kept fishing catch and release. His rods, his tackle, and there was some fish head that cleaned out fish when we were done. I'd do it again.

vCash
    We have a trip booked with Voodoo Charters for the last weekend in July to fish for yellowfin. This will be our first time fishing with them though, but I've heard they are some of the best in the business.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau23 View Post
    We have a trip booked with Voodoo Charters for the last weekend in July to fish for yellowfin. This will be our first time fishing with them though, but I've heard they are some of the best in the business.
    Captain Joey Davis is the man from what I hear