Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dan Wolken interviewed by Neal and Parham.

vCash
    Chase and Neal tried to steer Wolken where they wanted him to go, but they couldn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Also, Godfrey claims he's been working on a (soon to be released) piece for over a year and a half that's going to be very illuminating. I'm assuming he's referring to the supposed MSU side of things in all of this.
    I wonder if Steve's twitter post today somewhat pertains to Godfrey's "scoop".

Link

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Waves View Post
    I wonder if Steve's twitter post today somewhat pertains to Godfrey's "scoop".

Link
    Hope so. Someone can correct me, but I can't really recall Godfrey being a sunshine pumper like a Yancy, Chuck, etc., so I find his comments pretty interesting.

vCash
    Hope so. Someone can correct me, but I can't really recall Godfrey being a sunshine pumper like a Yancy, Chuck, etc., so I find his comments pretty interesting.
    Godfrey has defended Ole Miss or completely ignored the facts since this all began. I would expect nothing less from him at this point. It's to be expected from Ole Miss mouthpices at this point. There will be several anti-MSU articles put out over the next couple weeks in an effort to deflect. At this point there are certain "journalists" that are absolutely incompetent (HOW can you still trust your sources on this stuff) or they are complicit with a cover-up/diversion strategy.

If he comes out with an ACTUAL fair and balanced article or one that lays out what's REALLY going on at Ole Miss then I will be truly, truly shocked.

vCash
    Godfrey is right. I didn't read his article but it is about to get weird and shocking. just hang on
    my cowbell is louder than yours

vCash
    Why does everyone think Leo lied?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
    Godfrey is right. I didn't read his article but it is about to get weird and shocking. just hang on
    Hopefully in a good way. I think if State was in any way sniffing trouble, the local media would've been pasting it in the front page of the sports section and leading off the 6 o'clock news with it. All we've heard are insane conspiracy theories from the bears.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneDawg View Post
    The only way they can get rid of that Level 1 from Leo's admission is to discredit it. Ole Miss defense is trying to say his admission was incomplete and inconsistent. Its the only play they have and the fan base is running with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
    Would be a great time for another NOA to hit OM for 2017 infractions that occurred while the NCAA was investigating 2016 infractions that occurred while they were investigating 2013 infractions that occurred while they were investigating the ACT stuff from 2010.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneDawg View Post
    Because that's what om and the ignorant Mississippi media has been spewing. The school and shop owner can't stand they gave a bunch of stuff to a couple kids who went to their rival then turned their backs on om and RR by owning up to what went down. They thought they owned these kids and are pissed they don't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    For your average joe-blow fan? Yes, you are right. They have believed all the b.s. propaganda from their mouthpieces in the media word for word. They are being falsely accused. First it was because they beat Alabama twice, so Alabama, the SEC and the NCAA all were trying to bring them down for some reason. Now the narrative has changed to it's all Dan Mullen and MSU's fault.
    BS! Shotgun is 100% correct. If we signed a top 5 recruiting class this year, 92.7% of us would try to rationalize it... 1) Well, Dan has built a solid foundation 2) DAK! 3) He's been voted 2nd best coach in the SEC 4) Starkville is growing and eventually they'll re-pave Hwy 12... etc...
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    BS! Shotgun is 100% correct. If we signed a top 5 recruiting class this year, 92.7% of us would try to rationalize it... 1) Well, Dan has built a solid foundation 2) DAK! 3) He's been voted 2nd best coach in the SEC 4) Starkville is growing and eventually they'll re-pave Hwy 12... etc...
    Most of the ones I know think it's a witch hunt and they did nothing wrong.

vCash

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by ckDOG View Post
    Still trying to come up with a motivation for LL to lie. Not saying he didn't or couldn't bc I don't have the facts available, but motivation is a huge part of it and I just don't see where that could come in?

Could LL and a combination of others be spiteful and lied to get OM in trouble? It's a possibility but not a likely one. No amateur player just waltzes into an NCAA office on his own accord (or at the urgency of his coach) to discuss matters that could jeopardize his amateur status and potentially fall back on his program. That's insane and not worth the risk to even the most spiteful ass holes. There is too much to lose.

Could the NCAA have pressured him into feeding them the story they wanted to complete the agenda against OM? Again, it's possible, but with the recent black eyes the NCAA has taken and with new folks running the investigative portion, this is not a risk the NCAA is likely to take.

What's happening here is that the NCAA stumbled across new info with the fallout from Tunsil and had some leads on SAs that likely took benefits. They took advantage of the opportunity to get them to confirm what they likely figured out was going on and here we are.

Tunsil was the icing on the cake....... FACT.....

vCash
    Yup.

It's a lot like how an overbearing parent is with their kid.

It's not that the parent is dumb or a bad person, it's that they are so emotionally tied to that kid that they've lost the ability to see things objectively.

With the exception of some of the clowns that have agendas, I think most of these OM fans are good people that are simply too close & too emotionally tied to the situation to see it objectively. Like MSU fans, they've always believed their campus is pretty, Oxford/Starkville is a great town, & that they have a great stadium & game day atmosphere that every one should want to play at.

Thus, when you start landing recruits, it just becomes confirmation bias because you agree with what the recruit believes. It's like preferring to hear what you want to hear rather than the truth.

Their capacity to to see this thing objectively is lost. It's like trying to explain how terrorism is wrong to an insurgent
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 06-13-2017 at 08:27 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    "It's like trying to explain how terrorism is wrong to an insurgent" I spit tea....
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    Our pall Godfrey is telling people to "hold on to your butts"..."it's going to get weird"....and "it's going to get extremely entertaining"

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...gh-freeze-ncaa
    I think the rebels are planning on doing something (else) stupid like suing the NCAA.

Don't forget Rebels see themselves like this
    Last edited by Reason2succeed; 06-13-2017 at 09:26 PM.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beretta View Post
    Cliff notes:
    1. Dan Wolken is very connected to the Ncaa
    2. If um had fired freeze, whole thing would be over
    3. Wolken thinks um is grasping for straws (as we all do)
    4. UM folks really think Leo Lewis lied, purposely,
    5. UM folks don't know the definition of immunity as it pertains to an NCAA investigation
    6. Wolken doesn't disagree LL lied, but doubts it....references Donny Tyndalls assistant who lied, admittingly so, and still got immunity
    7. Neal acknowledges and is/was very pissed off about being lied to by UM for so long
    8. Parham still can't see through his red and blue glasses
    9. NCAA wants Freeze, no question about it
    10.Nothing with the LL case, beneficial or not, affects what happens in July
    11. UM 'has an uphill battle' coming up
    He made a point of how much all the other coaches dislike Freeze when talking off the record. Made a point about it not being the normal snipping but real dislike.

Also asked an question about what did LL have to gain by lying about RR. (OM compliance appears to be the ones who connected the dots between RR, coach and LL from the text message on the coach's phone and gave it to NCAA)

vCash
    Wolken also talked about lack of discipline from within the OM program. Every time they "investigate" themselves, they come up clean. The heckling at the play: didn't do it. Robert Nk's drug problem never addressed with real discipline. No way he got where he was at the end of his career without staff knowing it. If Freeze loved his players like he claims, there would at least be a little accountability for his elite players.

vCash
    Dan basically said "Freeze is full of ish" without out saying "Freeze is full of ish".
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    I don't think so. There is a big difference here. I would be excited and know that Mullen has sustained success over the past 7 years here and has shown the world he can put people in the NFL and they will succeed. And yes...Dak. That's how you build tradition. You can't even come close to comparing that with what Ole Miss did. They were coming off of a 7 win season preceeded by 3 years of winning less than 4 games a year and no SEC games. They turn around and sign a top 5 class??? Apples to oranges, man.