Thread: A Series of Unfortunate Events

vCash

A Series of Unfortunate Events

I think I figured this out last night. I've been wondering how the NCAA targeted SA39 for immunity and not some of the other high profile recruits who didn't sign with UNM.

There's a reason that SA39 wasn't in the original NOA, as well as Miller

My theory:
    - UNM gets original NOA in 2016 - no mention of RR, Miller, SA39
    - Draft night - I'd have to say, yeah.
    - NCAA starts investigating Barney
    - NCAA interviews Miller (again?) - asks if Barney paid bills, gave them free stuff, etc
    - Miller says Barney hooks him up with a powder blue wardrobe from RR
    - NCAA starts looking at who Barney recruited, specifically high profile recruits
    - Barney gets nervous during SA39 questioning/investigation, tries to deflect NCAA investigators. Tells them of taped phone call (or gives it to them if it actually exists, which I have doubts about).
    - This really hacks off the investigators. They know UNM's motive and are not happy they admit to taping phone calls and then not reporting it immediately to NCAA.
    - Barney becomes the snitch. "Snitches get stitches"
    - NCAA asks to question SA39. Informs them about existence, or claimed existence, of tape. Offers immunity.
    - NCAA nails down cash payment testimony from SA39.
    - NCAA asks SA39 if he received free "gear" (to see if there is a pattern with Barney and RR)
    - SA39 tells them as best as any teenager can remember how Barney set up the apparel shopping spree.
    - NCAA gives same offer to our other SA while in Vegas. #Yahtzee
    - All of this plays out in multiple interviews. Story changes slightly because these kids are just that. Kids. They've had free stuff given to them everywhere. Stories blend together. Yes. Pretty much everyone does it. The problem is the coaching staff everywhere else is insulated from it. I'm reminded of the Godfrey story where a booster is introduced to a coach as "this is a guy who makes things happen for us" or something to that effect. When the coaching staff is involved, there's your problem. The NCAA knows all of this. They're hammering UNM because they were sloppy, brought attention to themselves, and peed in the wrong bowl of Corn Flakes.

SA39 did not, I'll repeat for the Bear lurkers, DID NOT snitch. Barney snitched. If Barney never tells them about the tape, none of this happens. No SA39. No RR lawsuit. Nothing but the program crippling sanctions that were going to be leveled.

Now you've tried to bring down MSU with you. Good luck with that. It's not going to work and will potentially cost you $40-$50 million a year when your begging USM to put in a good word for you at their conference meeting. You won't stop. You're like an addict that refuses to go to rehab and refuses to change your friends. It will eventually be the death of your program and SEC membership.

The series of unfortunate events.
    - Tunsil and Miller get into a fight because Tunsil is risking his eligibility.
    - Tunsil screws over his "financial advisor"
    - Financial advisor (hacker) gets revenge on draft night
    - Tunsil had to say "yeah"
    - NCAA gets a #Yahtzee dropped in their lap
    - Barney snitches
    - SA39 gets immunity, Miller and SA39 prove collusion between boosters and staff
    - Barney and Hugh responses don't jive. Hugh says Barney went rogue. Barney says Mullen is a criminal mastermind and set him up
    - RR and UNM don't think this whole lawsuit thing out too well. Exposes redacted SA's. Potentially setting up further turmoil with the NCAA, SEC, and maybe the Feds.

- It could end up costing them 8 digits in legal fees, penalties, and lost revenue.
    - If they don't stop cheating trying to take down everyone else with them, they WILL be finding themselves without a home. That number changes to 10 digits over the next 20 years.
    - If that were to happen, who is ultimately at fault? LT, the advisor, or Barney? Someone could have cost the Harvard of the South a cool billion. Let that sink in.

vCash
    Hopefully my other alma mater gets to spank that ass on the regular soon. Go MC Choctaws or whatever, I think they have a D3 football team.

vCash
    Very interesting read.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB549 View Post
    I think I figured this out last night. I've been wondering how the NCAA targeted SA39 for immunity and not some of the other high profile recruits who didn't sign with UNM.

My theory:
    - NCAA interviews Miller (again?) - asks if Barney paid bills, gave them free stuff, etc
    - NCAA starts looking at who Barney recruited, specifically high profile recruits
    - Barney gets nervous during SA39 questioning/investigation, tries to deflect NCAA investigators. Tells them of taped phone call (or gives it to them if it actually exists, which I have doubts about).
    - This really hacks off the investigators. They know UNM's motive and are not happy they admit to taping phone calls and then not reporting it immediately to NCAA.
    - NCAA asks to question SA39. Informs them about existence, or claimed existence, of tape. Offers immunity.
    - NCAA asks SA39 if he received free "gear" (to see if there is a pattern with Barney and RR)
    - SA39 tells them as best as any teenager can remember how Barney set up the apparel shopping spree.
    - All of this plays out in multiple interviews. Story changes slightly because these kids are just that. Kids. They've had free stuff given to them everywhere. Stories blend together. Yes. Pretty much everyone does it. The problem is the coaching staff everywhere else is insulated from it. I'm reminded of the Godfrey story where a booster is introduced to a coach as "this is a guy who makes things happen for us" or something to that effect. When the coaching staff is involved, there's your problem. The NCAA knows all of this. They're hammering UNM because they were sloppy, brought attention to themselves, and peed in the wrong bowl of Corn Flakes.

SA39 did not, I'll repeat for the Bear lurkers, DID NOT snitch. Barney snitched. If Barney never tells them about the tape, none of this happens. No SA39. No RR lawsuit. Nothing but the program crippling sanctions that were going to be leveled.

Now you've tried to bring down MSU with you. Good luck with that. It's not going to work and will potentially cost you $40-$50 million a year when your begging USM to put in a good word for you at their conference meeting. You won't stop. You're like an addict that refuses to go to rehab and refuses to change your friends. It will eventually be the death of your program and SEC membership.

- Barney snitches
    - SA39 gets immunity, Miller and SA39 prove collusion between boosters and staff
    - Barney and Hugh responses don't jive. Hugh says Barney went rogue. Barney says Mullen is a criminal mastermind and set him up
    - RR and UNM don't think this whole lawsuit thing out too well. Exposes redacted SA's. Potentially setting up further turmoil with the NCAA, SEC, and maybe the Feds.

- It could end up costing them 8 digits in legal fees, penalties, and lost revenue.
    - If they don't stop cheating trying to take down everyone else with them, they WILL be finding themselves without a home. That number changes to 10 digits over the next 20 years.
    - If that were to happen, who is ultimately at fault? LT, the advisor, or Barney? Someone could have cost the Harvard of the South a cool billion. Let that sink in.
    Well done, well done! +1

vCash
    I think Ole Miss offered, Leo told either Bama or MSU and they reported to the SEC, they reported to the NCAA and the NCAA said "HA MOTHER ****ERS WE GOT YOU NOW" and then set up a sting to trap those cheating bastards. Well in one of my wet dreams that happened right after I got a BJ from Nina Hartley.

vCash

My theory:

- Barney snitches

Nice job, KB. All very plausible and well-connected.

vCash

My theory:

- Barney snitches

I think the lawsuit by RR which is basically- OLE MISS USING BOOSTERS FOR VIGILANTE JUSTICE and MAKING A MOCKERY OF NCAA IMMUNITY will get OM the Death Penalty and I sincerely hope Expelled from the SEC

I really think the SEC should act before the NCAA. Sankey could say, "we don't know anything about OM, but feel like we are no longer working in the spirit of partners." With that no OM games may be scheduled in any sport, not even club frisbee.

vCash
    Delete...
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 06-13-2017 at 07:31 PM.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I think the lawsuit by RR which is basically- OLE MISS USING BOOSTERS FOR VIGILANTE JUSTICE and MAKING A MOCKERY OF NCAA IMMUNITY will get OM the Death Penalty and I sincerely hope Expelled from the SEC

I really think the SEC should act before the NCAA. Sankey could say, "we don't know anything about OM, but feel like we are no longer working in the spirit of partners." With that no OM games may be scheduled in any sport, not even club frisbee.
    Agree 100%. Let any team that has them scheduled for football next year only play eleven games if that is what it takes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

Especially if TCUN and it's boosters (because I don't buy for a second that TCUN can't control these network guys) are of willful intent to bring down other SEC institutions. Sankey will step up sooner rather than later to deliver the message of "SEC first, you TCUN mutha-17ers!!!"

And by this I mean that the boosters are being directed by TCUN as the nuclear option is the only hope they have left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    as the nuclear option is the only hope they have left.
    Its not even hope at this point. Its pure malice and vengeance.......