Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rebel Rags

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    The NCAA is going to destroy them
    Yes they are.

This just adds the ammunition to hand down a DP.

It's clear that there is an absolute culture problem up there that needs to be eliminated.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yes they are.

This just adds the ammunition to hand down a DP.

It's clear that there is an absolute culture problem up there that needs to be eliminated.
    Hugh Freeze under oath would be something I would love to see. Of course he would lie but to see him caught in a lie and get redassed on the stand. Please God

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    The lawsuit is real....Charlie Merkel, from Clarksdale, is representing Rebel Rags. I know the Merkel family personally. good people, and Mr. Merkel is a good lawyer as well.
    Well If I remember right ol Charlie is a tenacious son of a gun. Thinking about the whole King of Torts...dickie mess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    This also opens UM for suit. Rebel Rags will have to testify under oath why they picked these people. You have to have cause for suing someone if you want to prove your case and receive compensation. This will come back on UM and could cost the university accreditation if proven that someone violated FERPA. Dumb move that the university better shut down before even more questions come forward. Are they really willing to burn down the whole university for Freeze?
    This is correct

vCash
    Someone from the OM administration needs to get on the horn and talk this group off the ledge quick or else they are going to take the whole "flagship" down. The SEC will not take very kindly to lawsuits against opponents' student athletes.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    I saw someone on Facebook link a C-L article on this. Didn't take long. I'm glad they finally had some news in regards to Ole Miss that they could jump on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Hugh Freeze under oath would be something I would love to see. Of course he would lie but to see him caught in a lie and get redassed on the stand. Please God
    No way he would lie under oath being a man of God*********************

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Garrett View Post
    No way he would lie under oath being a man of God*********************
    The church of Hugh is in its last days

vCash
    https://www.si.com/college-football/...my-tunsil-ncaa

Rebel Rags is going to be what is left of the OM football program when all of this is over. The SEC and the NCAA will kick OM out if they let this continue. If the SEC or NCAA allows student athletes and witnesses to get sued for testifying to investigators it will end the NCAA enforcement process. The SEC will be in the constant peril of mutually assured destruction.

This business was mentioned multiple times in the NOAs by multiple sources but now they're mad they got name and may lose business. Maybe they should have thought about the consequences of their actions beforehand.

And if they are going to sue someone why not sue Barney or Chris Kiffin? This sounds like simple butt hurt. As SR said they are lashing out like a corner snake that's about to get it's head chopped off.

vCash
    I see future NAIA Recruiting Championships for Ole Miss Football!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I see future NAIA Recruiting Championships for Ole Miss Football!
    Yeah, it looks like OM will be able to renew their rivalry with Jacksonville State.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Yeah, it looks like OM will be able to renew their rivalry with Jacksonville State.
    Jacksonville state nothing...more like Delta State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxdog View Post
    How does this affect anything?

Seems this is just another diversion from reality. I realize to those sued it's not but I see no merit in this suit.

Geez, 2 of the named are redacted. Where are feds regs on this?
    FERPA LAWS -- Students law and it is hard laws that are enforced. MY QUESTION???? How did this idiot get any names... Who told him the names? Or does he have a list of the ones that came into his business. NOW a GOOD lawyer will put all of the coaches on the witness stands with many on-lookers present. Is there a courtroom large enough?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    FERPA LAWS -- Students law and it is hard laws that are enforced. MY QUESTION???? How did this idiot get any names... Who told him the names? Or does he have a list of the ones that came into his business. NOW a GOOD lawyer will put all of the coaches on the witness stands with many on-lookers present. Is there a courtroom large enough?
    Did the NCAA question Rags? Did the NCAA use the names of the SA's in their questioning? If so, that would let him know who. If not- somebody got some splaining to do....the NCAA will have that info

vCash
    Wake me when this goes to court, otherwise it's just posturing. This isn't going anywhere.

vCash

NCAA NOA 2017 page 10

Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Did the NCAA question Rags? Did the NCAA use the names of the SA's in their questioning? If so, that would let him know who. If not- somebody got some splaining to do....the NCAA will have that info
    I do not remember seeing that the booster was questioned. Looking through the NOA I only see this Booster mentioned on page 10.
    NCAA NOA 2017 page 10 (footnote 12)

[Booster 8] is a retailer located in Oxford, Mississippi, that specializes in selling merchandise associated with the
    institution. [Booster 9], a representative of the institution?s athletics interests, is the founder and president of the business. [Booster 8] is a representative of the institution?s athletics interests pursuant to NCAA Bylaws 13.02.14(c) and 13.02.14-(e) (2012-13, 2013-14 or 2014-15 and 2015-16).

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    So when he sues for defamation causing income loss he will then expose himself to all the accounting practices he uses to hide his money from the IRS. Real smart

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    So when he sues for defamation causing income loss he will then expose himself to all the accounting practices he uses to hide his money from the IRS. Real smart
    This lawsuit could open up more crap than one would want. State Income Tax audit, State Sales Tax audits, IRS, etc.... nasty..... I would
    be hiring an attorney but not for slander....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Oh Boy! This means Farrar and Hey Hugh can be put on the stand!
    Even Better is Booster 14 and his/her buddies can have their financials opened up. You think the IRS might want to see those.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Even Better is Booster 14 and his/her buddies can have their financials opened up. You think the IRS might want to see those.
    If I have put this together correctly, I do NOT believe that Booster #7 wants ANYTHING (yes, yelling) out in the open..... js