Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rebel Rags

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Long story short: The 2 cases in the northern district are not RR vs Kobe, Leo, et al
    Got ya. And makes sense if you are talking northern district federal court, as there are no federal law claims and no diversity. So it has to be brought in state court.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Those things are public record. What's the docket number? When I look at the northern district docket I'm seeing 2 filings on Friday. A job discrimination suit and diversity fraud suit. It might be semantics meaning he's informed the parties he intends to sue and hasn't filed it in court yet. I think you have to give parties a heads up but I'll let a tort guy answer that.
    If it is a TORT against the university you have 90 days from the day of happening to put the university on notice. Then another 90 days to file the suit. A civil case... This will be in the court in which these people live. If it is a a civil suit -- this will take years to get into court here.
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 06-11-2017 at 07:11 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Delete
    Last edited by Bully13; 06-12-2017 at 07:01 AM.

vCash
    Nobody has been served. There's not even a court case in record.

This rumor is bullshit.

But bring it. Put Freeze on the stand. Establish his modus operandi in these matters by questioning how he handled similar high profile recruits. Ask about that check for the Nkemdiche Mercedes. Ask how Tee Sheppard flipped after midnight on signing day. Ask how Tunsil's poverty level family moved to Oxford and afforded a residence there. Ask how DD Bowie got moved to Oxford.

Make my day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    How in the hell (if this is true) are Leo and Kobe or their mothers being sued? I have seen nothing official that has identified them by name. The documents that I have seen only have numbers referencing the student athletes. And from what I understand about student privacy laws the names will never be released. If this is true, which I doubt, the owner of Rebel Rags is opening himself up for counter-suits.
    Not only that, the individuals haven't released anything to the public as far as I've heard. Ole Miss released the response, not the student athletes or their families.

vCash
    This is bullshit. Just Yancy feeding bullshit to his customers.

vCash
    Wonder If Freeze is ****ing someone that works there too.. after all he is a cocksman
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 06-11-2017 at 08:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Those dumbasses are not going to be content until they end up getting themselves kicked out of the sec or NCAA.
    This is the type of shenanigans that will make the other SEC teams want OM gone. Someone please get this out to the national media. I'm sure they will find this very amusing.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    This would be really, really dumb. As some have mentioned here, putting Freeze, Farrar under oath, and then getting the legal right to subpoena other players and put them under oath? Just dumb.

vCash
    I'm not sure if some sort of defamation suit by this guy will allow unlimited questioning but putting highly recruited football players and their parents on the stand isn't good for any school that was involved in their recruitment. Ole Miss and everyone associated with them are all some stupid ****ers. If this goes very far I would look for the SEC to find a way to make it go away.

vCash
    IF the business would have filed.... the CL would have had a front page headlined article and the local news nuts would have been all over this.... I agree, YP is just trying to stir up poop... He has pooped on his readers for years attempting to convince them that he knows what is/was going on.... times up OM.... waiting for the June 27, 2017 meeting and then your COI....

vCash
    So how would Rebel Rags know if Leo or Kobe said anything? Doesn't the NOA only refer to students as a number? We can all guess who said what but it is purely a guess.

vCash
    Please lord be true!!!

vCash
    One thing Rags better worry about:

Players from other schools that were recruited by the Rebels he gave free shit to. They would make great surprise witnesses and would very likely come to the rescue of a fellow player in need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    One thing Rags better worry about:

Players from other schools that were recruited by the Rebels he gave free shit to. They would make great surprise witnesses and would very likely come to the rescue of a fellow player in need.
    Can you imagine just how many 100s of student ath. this could be???? hum.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    IF the business would have filed.... the CL would have had a front page headlined article and the local news nuts would have been all over this.... I agree, YP is just trying to stir up poop... He has pooped on his readers for years attempting to convince them that he knows what is/was going on.... times up OM.... waiting for the June 27, 2017 meeting and then your COI....

https://twitter.com/antoniocmorales/...05979079708672

vCash
    The lawsuit is real....Charlie Merkel, from Clarksdale, is representing Rebel Rags. I know the Merkel family personally. good people, and Mr. Merkel is a good lawyer as well.

vCash

OK

Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    The lawsuit is real....Charlie Merkel, from Clarksdale, is representing Rebel Rags. I know the Merkel family personally. good people, and Mr. Merkel is a good lawyer as well.
    How does this affect anything?

Seems this is just another diversion from reality. I realize to those sued it's not but I see no merit in this suit.

Geez, 2 of the named are redacted. Where are feds regs on this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    How in the hell (if this is true) are Leo and Kobe or their mothers being sued? I have seen nothing official that has identified them by name. The documents that I have seen only have numbers referencing the student athletes. And from what I understand about student privacy laws the names will never be released. If this is true, which I doubt, the owner of Rebel Rags is opening himself up for counter-suits.
    This also opens UM for suit. Rebel Rags will have to testify under oath why they picked these people. You have to have cause for suing someone if you want to prove your case and receive compensation. This will come back on UM and could cost the university accreditation if proven that someone violated FERPA. Dumb move that the university better shut down before even more questions come forward. Are they really willing to burn down the whole university for Freeze?

vCash
    The NCAA is going to destroy them