Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Current NCAA Baseball Tournment Structure is a Travesty

vCash

The Current NCAA Baseball Tournment Structure is a Travesty

A&M getting to play Davidson at home is absolutely unfair and wrong.

LSU and MSU having to play each other, when both finished above A&M in the SEC is wrong.

Oregon St as the #1 overall seed having to play Vandy and Kyle Wright while A&M gets to play Davidson at home is wrong and unfair.

Seed the field 1-64 and line up the regionals from there

Reseed after the regionals.

The current system doesn't allow for the best teams to get to Omaha. This is a joke.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Agree. There is ZERO reason you can't reseed after the Regional. Why do regional have to be matched up with each other?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Agree. There is ZERO reason you can't reseed after the Regional. Why do regional have to be matched up with each other?
    I mean, with A&M, basically a mediocre SEC team has been given a free pass to Omaha while far more successful teams have play each other. It's gross

vCash
    This is crazy talk. You don't reseed the NCAA tournament after each round in basketball, why would you do it in baseball. Just because it is not in our best interest this year doesn't mean it should be scrapped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    A&M getting to play Davidson at home is absolutely unfair and wrong.

LSU and MSU having to play each other, when both finished above A&M in the SEC is wrong.

Oregon St as the #1 overall seed having to play Vandy and Kyle Wright while A&M gets to play Davidson at home is wrong and unfair.

Seed the field 1-64 and line up the regionals from there

Reseed after the regionals.

The current system doesn't allow for the best teams to get to Omaha. This is a joke.
    Do you hate the NCAA Basketball Tournament? Serious question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroons View Post
    I understand this counter point, but then 3 game series and non-neutral sites makes the baseball version appear worse.

vCash
    I agree with Shotgun. The Baseball tournament is seeded based on school locations, not RPI or records. Which is why we never play in a regional west of the Sabine River. It's bullshit that we get paired with Florida and LSU. That should never happen. Why can't they put all the sec teams in different brackets. There's 16 super regionals and 14 SEC teams (obviously not all make it)
    There's no excuse not to split them all up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I mean, with A&M, basically a mediocre SEC team has been given a free pass to Omaha while far more successful teams have play each other. It's gross
    Davidson beat NC twice they have a pretty solid team. Anything can happen this time of year. It is up to the team's hosting regionals to win their regional if they don't it works out in other team's favor. I didn't see anybody complaining when we got to host Clemson in a SR and made it to Omaha. If I remember correctly that was the same scenario. You go to a national seed and beat them at their place I think you deserve to host a SR

vCash
    Yea, if the baseball tourney actually seeded like the hoops tourney does, y'all may have a point. But A&M has no business being in Omaha, and they were basically given a spot. How did UNC lose to this piece of shit team? Davidson sucks

vCash
    I kind of would like to see a reseed after regionals, but I like that the current system allows for a Cinderella story.

I do think they should reseed going into Omaha.

Banned
    vCash
    I love the basketball tournament and the baseball tournament the way they are right now. I LIVE for the underdogs getting more chance at the ultimate prize like Coastal Carolina and Fresno State achieved. You are focusing on aTm having an easier path now which is true but aTm wasn't a #3 seed in the Houston regional so Davidson has now absorbed the #2 overall seed from UNC by earning it on the field and have luck on their side in having to face a 3 seed instead of another #1 seed. You reseed the tournament and Davidson loses what they rightfully just earned. An easier path.

vCash
    The basketball equivalent of what happens in the baseball tournament would be UNC and Duke meeting in the sweet 16 on a regular basis. It's not the same thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I love the basketball tournament and the baseball tournament the way they are right now. I LIVE for the underdogs getting more chance at the ultimate prize like Coastal Carolina and Fresno State achieved. You are focusing on aTm having an easier path now which is true but aTm wasn't a #3 seed in the Houston regional so Davidson has now absorbed the #2 overall seed from UNC by earning it on the field and have luck on their side in having to face a 3 seed instead of another #1 seed. You reseed the tournament and Davidson loses what they rightfully just earned. An easier path.
    Then at the very least they should be playing AT Davidson, or at a neutral site close to Davidson. A&M getting to play these scrubs at home, as a 3 seed, is a damn joke.

And I agree with the above poster that said it should be reseeded in Omaha.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Then at the very least they should be playing AT Davidson, or at a neutral site close to Davidson. A&M getting to play these scrubs at home, as a 3 seed, is a damn joke.

And I agree with the above poster that said it should be reseeded in Omaha.
    Davidson was the #4 seed in the UNC regional

Davidson not dead yet, 6-4 now with 2 on 1 out, top 7th
    Last edited by Dawg61; 06-09-2017 at 04:07 PM.

vCash
    If we beat LSU, no one will complain. We just have to do what Davidson did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Davidson was the #4 seed in the UNC regional

Davidson not dead yet, 6-4 now with 2 on 1 out, top 7th
    I know Davidson was a 4 seed, but if they're taking the place of the #2 National Seed...let them take their place and host the Supers. A&M knocked off a weaker 1 seed than Davidson, so why were they rewarded a host? It's BS imo

vCash
    If the tournament actually made money for the teams involved (it's a money-losing venture for most schools that participate, which is why geographic regionals are still useful), I would agree that the field of 64 should be seeded on the S-curve 1-64;however, if you've proven your mettle on the field by winning your regional, why should you be reseeded for super-regionals? I could see value in going through the exercise of reseeding the 8 for Omaha, but only to ensure that the top two seeds aren't on the same side of the bracket, not to actually redo all the brackets. Once we're down to the final 8 teams out of ~300 that play D1 baseball, is there really that much difference between seeds 3-6 or seeds 4-8 based on the results on the field during the tournament?

vCash
    Easy fix Seed 1-64 upsets happen...we've benefited from them before. But not seeding all teams leads to this being more of an issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroons View Post

It's not comparable. Shotgun is actually right.. the problem is $$$. You have to remember the vast majority of the top 64 teams do not make money on baseball...and sure not enough to travel last minute across the country for a weekend.
    More so.. fan support would be way down if Maine had to fly to UCLA and washington had to fly to Miami and TX A&M gets sent to college of charleston or something like the sorts because teams are ranked 17-64 instead of grouped together by local hosts.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I know Davidson was a 4 seed, but if they're taking the place of the #2 National Seed...let them take their place and host the Supers. A&M knocked off a weaker 1 seed than Davidson, so why were they rewarded a host? It's BS imo
    You're right now that I think about it, Davidson should get to host after taking over UNC's spot. The NCAA in a way did reseed it by gifting aTm the host and that's not right. The NCAA dipped their toes into reseeding without all the way doing it. Either do it or don't do it but definitely don't half way do it. I wonder if they should think about putting regionals and SR in domes or fields very unlikely to get rainouts. It's not fair for only a few regional spots to get shitted on by rain while others get great weather. Taxes some teams while others get more rest. Not a level system.