Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Farrar's response....

vCash
    If you read Freeze's response you'll find a reference to what Freeze is claiming to have said, when told in December by the NCAA what Farrar is accused of doing. He purportedly said, "It makes me want to vomit".

That's included in the Freeze response. Do you really think Barney knew that was going to be in there when he agreed to the May 23rd response?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    As Scooba said, you need to look at the date of his response. It was submitted before Farrar saw the UNM response that threw him under-the-bus.

Right now it looks like he was a good soldier, thinking everyone was on the same page, and they were going to deny and fight this together. In fact, the recent comments from his attorney, Bruse Lloyd, say that.

They were caught by surprise and are pissed about it. To them, it looks like UNM got what they wanted from Farrar, then turned on him.

They may yet pay him enough to shut him up...and that may be the card he is trying to play...but make no mistake...the most recent comments via Lloyd are a shot across the bow at UNM.
    Could be. Don't know how I missed the date at first.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    This is fantastic. They got al their responses together them changed it without telling him, tossed him under.

Wow

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Won't there be a NCAA response from the investigative branch to OM's (including Freeze and Farrar) response before it goes to the COI?
    I think that happens at the meeting.

vCash
    1. Print the letter May 23, 2017 concerning Farrar
    2. Print the letter from the Attorney
    3. Print the NCAA NOA

lay side by side the information and you will see where this mess is headed...

I would love to see Farrar's response to the NOA....

vCash
    Barney got paid, and barney has done his job.

He's denying all, but is actually falling on the sword.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    It still boils down to this: either Freeze is one dumb MF'er or he's covering his ass.

Neither looks good.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Barnyard is a tired old cheater who should take the scraps that the good old boys will be sending his way and fade into the sunset. Read Barneys lawerys response from Wednesday, it is more of an accurate read on Barneys frame of mind.
    I have created many laugh lines on my face this glorious week.....
    Last edited by bobtail bob; 06-09-2017 at 01:44 PM.

vCash
    Farrar should be willing to blow this up. OM let him submit his response before they cut his throat. They played him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Farrar should be willing to blow this up. OM let him submit his response before they cut his throat. They played him.
    But unless he can back up any renewed claims, any additional comments contradicting the official 5/23 response will more likely be viewed as a "disgruntled former employee". "Were you lying then, or are you lying now, Barney?".

I suspect he is just trying to get a bigger payoff. That, or he is genuinely pissed off at UNM, but will eventually see he is in a tough spot credibility-wise. I think UNM will point this out to him, and give him a little extra to soften the blow.
    Last edited by blacklistedbully; 06-09-2017 at 02:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    But did they? Farrar was fired in December 2016. He and counsel had to have known that the University response would include admission that he skirted rules. Otherwise, why else would they have fired him. They can't be that dumb.

What's happening is Barney and counsel are maintaining his innocence. They know he's guilty. That's why he got fired. He got busted an laid the price. But he also knows where the bodies are. Maintain your innocence and fire off an angry letter when the school publicly confirms that you cheated and hid it. It's a not so subtle reminder that he can really do some damage if they don't take case of him with whatever financial package they've got going. His name was becoming mud one way or another - might as well get some cash out of the party that would never admit they were in on it too.

vCash

Some of you guys forget who we're dealing with here. This is the most unscrupulous

bunch of people in the entire NCAA. They'll go to whatever extremes necessary to protect Ole Miss and their interest. I will guarantee you ole Barn got a golden parachute by some means and took a payoff. No doubt in my mind whatsoever that occurred. Barney hiring a lawyer appears to be cloak and dagger. I'm sure ole Barn will be very comfortably taken care of for quite a while. Meanwhile, I'll stand by my prediction that Freeze will NOT get a show cause, rather suspended and I'm guessing a two year bowl ban and 25-28 shollies cut.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    This is correct. When you read Freeze's response, he says that when he heard about what Barney had done, he wanted to puke.

They are not in sync. Barney is attacking MSU and Leo, and assumed Freeze and Ole Miss had is back. Then Ole Miss came out and threw Barney under the bus.

It makes sense why the lawyer is chirping now.

vCash
    The most interesting word in the response is the word "Initial", in the title line. The word Initial seems to reserve Barney the opportunity to amend the response thus making it Final.

vCash
    Won't there be a NCAA response from the investigative branch to OM's (including Freeze and Farrar) response before it goes to the COI?
    Yes. They will clear their throats and say: "Drop your trousers gentlemen. We shan't be using lubricants nor latex products."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ckDOG View Post
    But did they? Farrar was fired in December 2016. He and counsel had to have known that the University response would include admission that he skirted rules. Otherwise, why else would they have fired him. They can't be that dumb.

What's happening is Barney and counsel are maintaining his innocence. They know he's guilty. That's why he got fired. He got busted an laid the price. But he also knows where the bodies are. Maintain your innocence and fire off an angry letter when the school publicly confirms that you cheated and hid it. It's a not so subtle reminder that he can really do some damage if they don't take case of him with whatever financial package they've got going. His name was becoming mud one way or another - might as well get some cash out of the party that would never admit they were in on it too.
    Even after he was fired, Farrar and Freeze had the same counsel being paid for by the university until Mar 31, 2017. This is why his attorney went on the offensive prior to the release of UNM response. Remember his attorney's quote from Barney "We were all in this together - what happened to me?". I tell you what happened they mislead you into thinking the defense was going to be in sync with each other all the while they had shift plan of attack to not only LL but they were making him out to be the scapegoat. I don't believe for a second he is a willing fall guy. Once he got to read UNM response AFTER he had submitted his, that is when his attorney went public.

vCash
    So the NCAA and UNM are in agreement that BF cheated, but BF says they did nothing wrong. The NCAA is going to kill him for lying. He has two choices. 1) Tell the NCAA the truth, throwing UNM under the bus to try to minimize his show cause or 2) resign himself to a high school job if he can get it. If he takes option two, he has been paid bigtime.

vCash
    Looks like the skinheads lied to the barn and now back stabbed him. I'll bet he's seething.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Beardo, I was about to post the same excerpt. Can't believe Farrar is still standing with OM even after they left him out to dry.
    $$$$

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    Told y'all he did t roll on anyone. None of this matters, tho. What's done is done. The NCAA has what it wants. Nothing by Barney matters now.
    Exactly. Any rational person can see straight through this gigantic circus UM is trying to pass off as "exemplary cooperation".