Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Farrar's response....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternSkyDawg View Post
    Y'all need to listen to Spiderman and Thick

Yes, Spidey occasionally seems like he's been snowed by the bears. But he's nailed this one.

Any Godfather fans out there? Remember when Tom goes to Frankie Five Angels in the pen and tells him about what happened to the Romans when there was a failed coup? The families were taken care of and the one sacrificed was allowed a final party before he quietly slipped off to the next world in a nice, warm bath? And Frankie says, " that was a good deal" then slips away with his wrists slit?

Barney will be just fine. The hope is that the jilted lover routine gives him some extra credibility. How? Because he still hasn't given any details or evidence that would implicate Freeze. He says he thought he was a part of the team. But he has still given up NOTHING that would implicate anyone else. I mean, surely if he's been cast out and is now "very, very mad and hurt", surely now if he had any evidence to offer, he'd come out with it now?! And if he doesn't, that just shows he must not have anything on Freeze, and the reason that is, is that Freeze is truly innocent. Right???****

Pay no attention, COI, to the admitted instances of Freeze meeting recruits in the presence of boosters, and to the dozen or more boosters disassociated for admitted violations under his watch, and the unprecedented number of admitted Level 1's UNDER HIS WATCH. If the one with the biggest axe to grind still says he's pure as the driven snow, well, he must really be pure as the driven snow. Right???***

It's a poorly acted off-off-off-Broadway play. Barney and Bruse are no Errol Flynn and Sir Laurence. And the Northeastern academics on the COI know their theater.
    This

Banned
    vCash

Yes, Spidey occasionally seems like he's been snowed by the bears. But he's nailed this one.

Any Godfather fans out there? Remember when Tom goes to Frankie Five Angels in the pen and tells him about what happened to the Romans when there was a failed coup? The families were taken care of and the one sacrificed was allowed a final party before he quietly slipped off to the next world in a nice, warm bath? And Frankie says, " that was a good deal" then slips away with his wrists slit?

Barney will be just fine. The hope is that the jilted lover routine gives him some extra credibility. How? Because he still hasn't given any details or evidence that would implicate Freeze. He says he thought he was a part of the team. But he has still given up NOTHING that would implicate anyone else. I mean, surely if he's been cast out and is now "very, very mad and hurt", surely now if he had any evidence to offer, he'd come out with it now?! And if he doesn't, that just shows he must not have anything on Freeze, and the reason that is, is that Freeze is truly innocent. Right???****

Pay no attention, COI, to the admitted instances of Freeze meeting recruits in the presence of boosters, and to the dozen or more boosters disassociated for admitted violations under his watch, and the unprecedented number of admitted Level 1's UNDER HIS WATCH. If the one with the biggest axe to grind still says he's pure as the driven snow, well, he must really be pure as the driven snow. Right???***

It's a poorly acted off-off-off-Broadway play. Barney and Bruse are no Errol Flynn and Sir Laurence. And the Northeastern academics on the COI know their theater.
    I realize props have already been given to this post, but I feel compelled to bump again. And not just because I'm a big godfather fan. All around excellent analogy sir, well done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Now I'm a little bit slow in reading all of this and looking at the dates, but as mentioned earlier, and in the way Farrar's lawyer responds in this case, it's obvious this response was not written with the ole miss response to the NOA in hand.

Thus we had the releases by team Farrar suggesting he'd been made a scapegoat since May 23rd.

Question: WHO released the response by Farrar's attorney dated May 23rd to us?

Seems peculiar that Farrar's attorney would release this AFTER the response to the NOA by Om had been made public.

If OM attempts too hard to continue to throw Farrar under the bus at the COI meeting, I suspect they may give Farrar's attorney a chance to speak to identify if this response was all a bait and switch moment. In front of the COI, Farrar's attorney may just throw OM under the bus with the timeline to protect his client.

One other thing: Farrar's response sounds more like a restating of fact from an attorney defending OM than it does Farrar or his current attorney.

One thing I know for sure: OM and Farrar are not on the same team now no matter what money has changed hands. OM made sure that Barney had his lawyer write up that paragraph that doesnt fit in the rest of the response that says Freeze never told him to do anything wrong PRIOR to his access to the OM response.

vCash
    And the Northeastern academics on the COI know their theater.
    Not to mention Bucky's "A Fine Christian Man" schtick won't play too well with the Northerastern elites, either. His handlers need to advise him to he isn't trying to convince a bunch of naive hayseeds that are as image conscious as a school of 14 year old valley girls.

vCash

So. Neat analogy.

But are there really fans of either university under the impression that the COI is going to consider all this and make a ruling based on who made the most compelling argument?

The COI isn't determining guilt. Om's bait and switch with Barney isn't going to mitigate a thing. Once the LOIC was written and Freeze was named, the game ended. All the COI wants to know is what measures OM will take to prevent this in the future.

By the NOA response om has said they've done all they are going to do and what's more, they aren't guilty of what they are accused.

While I understand they think they may be saving themselves a scholarship or a couple visits, Barney's statement, or loyalty , isn't relevant.

If Om want leniency they have until the hearing to accept that keeping Freeze will cost them at least 30% more severe punishment initially and a guarantee that the NCAA will return.

I'm thinking "cool hand Luke" is a better example.

vCash

Thanks, and I humbly say I knew I had the true info. Also , believe me, I've never been snowed by those bastards...... I know them too well
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    Not to mention Bucky's "A Fine Christian Man" schtick won't play too well with the Northerastern elites, either. His handlers need to advise him to he isn't trying to convince a bunch of naive hayseeds that are as image conscious as a school of 14 year old valley girls.
    Anybody know if the COI meeting actually has OM folks (Bjork, Freeze, et al) actually pitching their case, or is it just a decision delivery process based on the responses already submitted?

vCash
    Nobody's mentioned it that I've seen, but there are responses available also from Kiffin, Nixon, and Harris at the same google site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Nobody's mentioned it that I've seen, but there are responses available also from Kiffin, Nixon, and Harris at the same google site.
    Don't leave out Saunders....

Next meeting for a COI is in August according to NCAA schedule-- saw someone post -- then someone posted that UNC was scheduled for that meeting.... Here's the calendar...

http://www.ncaa.org/governance/commi...tings-calendar