Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tunsil - draft night fiasco

vCash
    Yep. My thoughts exactly. I also went back and looked at the texts from draft night. The NCAA isn't dumb. Two things. Tunsil asked for help paying "my rent" and "Mom's light bill". So a 5 star LT doesn't get university housing in his scholarship? Riiiiiiiiiight. Was the university paying for off campus housing for him? Do they do that for girls soccer players, too? Seems like a title IX violation if not.

Second - Mom and step dad are "renting" a house from a guy who is a lawyer in their compliance department. Right? Pretty sure I remember doing a reverse address search on the court case address and tax records. And they still can't get their money straight? If the NCAA didn't do this level of investigation and see that it threw up a red flag, I need to go to work for them. The opportunity fund argument doesn't hold water. The house was probably a $200,000 house. I FB stalked LT's mom and step dad. The house was "well furnished" with new furniture and pretty much what you would expect from someone who didn't have money and then "came into it." Black leather furniture, pictures of tigers and leopards on the wall, gaudy brass lamps, etc if I'm remembering correctly. So they have money to rent a house out of their means, but can't pay a light bill?

Come on mane.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I believe that there is going to be another NOA that could have the death penalty if they really were caught cheating with the 2016 and/or 2017 recruiting class. The Tunsil stuff will be within the investigation timeline. The next NOA will be under repeat offender status so the penalties get increased so I think the death penalty could be on the table for it. They are probably going to be hit with 2-3 year bowl ban plus a lot of schollies and show clauses for the Beaver and others. UNM fans will think it is over and then they get hit with the next NOA. NCAA is going to cripple them before going in for the death blow.
    I can see this because the ncaa had to realize they needed to get to the end of this 1st NOA since its dragging on for 5 years now (all the way back to 2010) and they can't allow the addition of MORE cheating violations to move the goal posts further away and yield more time. So TCUN may very well get hit with another NOA in early 2018, which would be shocking to their fan base if it happened (please, please, please let it happen).