Thread: Remembering Leo Lewis recruitment

vCash

Remembering Leo Lewis recruitment

I remember the recruitment of Leo Lewis. It was believed that we were in the lead for his services. Leo surprised me and committed to Alabama. During June MSU Football Camp we were getting reports that Leo may be wavering. He decommitted from Bama during our camp. That told me that he was going to commit to MSU. A couple weeks later, Leo committed to ole miss. I was shocked! A player that we had a good relationship committed to Bama then decommits while at an MSU camp and then commits to a rival that wasn't prominent in his recruitment until his commitment didn't 'add-up'. Reminded me of Tunsil recruitment - showed up late to the dance and stole the prize from multiple studs that had been courting the babe. The rebs were certainly recruiting Leo up to that point but appeared to be #3 on his list.

That is what I remember about LL's recruitment.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks for telling us what we already knew.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    I remember the recruitment of Leo Lewis. It was believed that we were in the lead for his services. Leo surprised me and committed to Alabama. During June MSU Football Camp we were getting reports that Leo may be wavering. He decommitted from Bama during our camp. That told me that he was going to commit to MSU. A couple weeks later, Leo committed to ole miss. I was shocked! A player that we had a good relationship committed to Bama then decommits while at an MSU camp and then commits to a rival that wasn't prominent in his recruitment until his commitment didn't 'add-up'. Reminded me of Tunsil recruitment - showed up late to the dance and stole the prize from multiple studs that had been courting the babe. The rebs were certainly recruiting Leo up to that point but appeared to be #3 on his list.

Except Leo wasn't a silent commit for like 2 years and when the Head Coach shows up for the official visit the whole family is decked out in UM gear. Tunsil is going to be UM's downfall. The whole buying recruits out from under an actual ethical coach like Richt probably didn't sit too well with UGA.

vCash
    Speaking of Tunsil, unless I missed it there was no mention in the noa. Does this mean another one is coming?
    Also does anybody have an update on the Miller-Tunsil lawsuit?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Thanks for telling us what we already knew.
    Why not just say thanks for reminding us. I'm of the older age on here and I have a hard time trying to depict sarcasm from rudeness. I hope this post was just that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post

Most of the allegations concerning (student 39) occurred way before he was expected to go to MSU. All the cash payments occurred while committed to Bama and OM.

vCash
    I think Leo was a set up to bust Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Martianlander View Post
    Speaking of Tunsil, unless I missed it there was no mention in the noa. Does this mean another one is coming?
    Also does anybody have an update on the Miller-Tunsil lawsuit?
    The Tunsil loaner car stuff and the step dad stuff was in there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I think Leo was a set up to bust Ole Miss.
    Here's what OM fans are missing: would it matter if he was? At the end of the day whether he put his hand out or not one of OM's asst athletic directors hooked him up with not 1, not 2, but 3 boosters that would coordinate to compensate him.

Had OM been on the up and up then they would have simply experienced the same fate we experienced in the sCam Newton debacle. They would have simply lost the player and nothing else. On the other hand they lost the player and are about to be decimated too.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    Thanks-I missed that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    But that was all pre-draft night.... that was all in the original NOA

vCash
    I was told by someone close to the situation when he committed to Ole Miss they paid him 15k for his verbal. Fast forward to February and in the NOA what do you see? SA39 received 10-15k. I'm not buying the family not knowing excuse. They might have just been spouting BS but what they told me definitely matches up with the NOA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    But that was all pre-draft night.... that was all in the original NOA
    Yes, this is true. But it was in the amended version.

I'm not sure that the $800 dollar payment to step dad was in the first one but it is in there too.

vCash
    Did I miss something -- about the signing class of 2016 and 2017.... as the violations continue.