Thread: Rooker Triple Crown Stats

vCash

Rooker Triple Crown Stats

Rooker's run at a SEC Triple Crown has taken a little hit in the post season, but he should have it wrapped.
    After last night he stands at .395/23/82. He still leads BA by .13 over Jonah Todd who is done now that AU is out.
    Spanberger is done with Ark out - so no one will catch him on HR. Deichmann has 69 RBI's - but would probably have to make a huge run to a Natty to catch Rook.

Now, the real interesting thing about Rook is if by some miracle he gets hot, and we ride that to Omaha, he could win a National Triple Crown. Rooker is now the national leader in RBI's and only 3 HR behind Hulsizer at Morehead St. The real stretch would be catching Boggess from Morehead who sits at .429. A big 3 games in Red Stick could see Rook back up in the .410-.415 range or higher. It is plausible that he could catch Boggess. I definitely wouldn't count the guy out.

Oh, and he still leads the nation in Slugging and 2B's.

What a season!
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 06-06-2017 at 09:08 AM.

vCash
    If we could somehow pull the upset in Baton Rouge then Rooker could possibly lock the triple crown up. If we make the CWS, I don't see how anyone doesn't think Canny is National Coach of the Year. Is there anyone left standing that has less than 2/3 of a roster? This team has been amazing even with a few bumps in the road.

vCash
    I think he has 2/3 of it wrapped up. Big time concerned with the avg. though. He's about to face a first round talent and a 5-8 round talent. Hopefully he doesn't go 2/11 or something like that

vCash
    Ill send him a cheesecake and it will be game over....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Rooker's run at a SEC Triple Crown has taken a little hit in the post season, but he should have it wrapped.
    After last night he stands at .395/23/82. He still leads BA by .13 over Jonah Todd who is done now that AU is out.
    Spanberger is done with Ark out - so no one will catch him on HR. Duplaintis has 69 RBI's - but would probably have to make a huge run to a Natty to catch Rook.

Now, the real interesting thing about Rook is if by some miracle he gets hot, and we ride that to Omaha, he could win a National Triple Crown. Rooker is now the national leader in RBI's and only 3 HR behind Hulsizer at Morehead St. The real stretch would be catching Boggess from Morehead who sits at .429. A big 3 games in Red Stick could see Rook back up in the .410-.415 range or higher. It is plausible that he could catch Boggess. I definitely wouldn't count the guy out.

What a season!
    Deichmann has 69 RBI, not Duplantis. He also has 19 home runs. Our guys need to be real careful pitching to him this weekend.
    It would be nice for Rooker to expand his lead over him this weekend but he needs to be prepared to take a lot of walks.
    It is still concerning to me if Deichmann gets to the CWS so we should just send him and LSU home this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Deichmann has 69 RBI, not Duplantis. He also has 19 home runs. Our guys need to be real careful pitching to him this weekend.
    It would be nice for Rooker to expand his lead over him this weekend but he needs to be prepared to take a lot of walks.
    It is still concerning to me if Deichmann gets to the CWS so we should just send him and LSU home this weekend.
    Thanks for the catch - edit made. Deichmann and Duplantis were right next to each other in the stats list.

We just need to somehow shut down LSU. The good thing is our pitching sets up better for a 3 game set than a 5 game regional. Pilk/Billingsley/Johnny Wholestaff gives me some hope.

vCash
    I honestly don't care that much about where things end up after the postseason. In my view, Rooker won the Triple Crown, and State should celebrate that regardless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Spanberger is done with Ark out - so no one will catch him on HR. Deichmann has 69 RBI's - but would probably have to make a huge run to a Natty to catch Rook.

What a season!
    He was 7/13 vs LSU in sville. He's really jerking his head off the ball all regional and not watching ball all the way to the bat. Needs to focus on RF to get back in sync

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justwin View Post
    He was 7/13 vs LSU in sville. He's really jerking his head off the ball all regional and not watching ball all the way to the bat. Needs to focus on RF to get back in sync
    Yep, he is trying to kill the ball every time up now instead of just hitting it where he can. Maybe having a 4 homerun lead will let him just concentrate on getting hits.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I honestly don't care that much about where things end up after the postseason. In my view, Rooker won the Triple Crown, and State should celebrate that regardless.
    Can't tell if serious but I agree with you. Post season stats shouldn't determine regular season champs. Rooker isn't going to win the national BAVG title unless he goes crazy red hot over his next 30 ABs and only way he gets 30 ABs is if we make a deep run in Omaha. Rooker would have to go 17-30 and then he would win the National BAVG title. It's possible but very very unlikely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Can't tell if serious but I agree with you. Post season stats shouldn't determine regular season champs. Rooker isn't going to win the national BAVG title unless he goes crazy red hot over his next 30 ABs and only way he gets 30 ABs is if we make a deep run in Omaha. Rooker would have to go 17-30 and then he would win the National BAVG title. It's possible but very very unlikely.
    Haha I'm serious. We don't always have to disagree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    I think he has 2/3 of it wrapped up. Big time concerned with the avg. though. He's about to face a first round talent and a 5-8 round talent. Hopefully he doesn't go 2/11 or something like that
    I hope he focuses on hitting the ball all over the ball field and forget about the homers. If he will just sit in there and hit the ball where it is pitched he will up his avg. and probably hit a few homers also.

vCash
    Looking like theres a kid from Iowa with 29 HRs and UC Irvine guy has a .442 average. Gonna be tough to get overall triple crown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    Based on the stats I am seeing, Jonah Todd's final batting average is .376 and Rooker's is .395 (96 hits in 243 at bats) headed into the weekend. If Rooker went 0/11 in 2 games this weekend, his BA would still be .378....if we play 3 games and he had 15 AB's, he would only need 2 hits to maintain his lead.

The only other variable is Kentucky's Tristan Pompey, who's BA is .374 and his season isn't done yet.....so if Rooker tanks and this guy gets hot, he could potentially pass him too.

But it looks like Rooker is a huge favorite to close this thing out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkingpoon View Post
    Looking like theres a kid from Iowa with 29 HRs and UC Irvine guy has a .442 average. Gonna be tough to get overall triple crown.
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    Based on the stats I am seeing, Jonah Todd's final batting average is .376 and Rooker's is .395 (96 hits in 243 at bats) headed into the weekend. If Rooker went 0/11 in 2 games this weekend, his BA would still be .378....if we play 3 games and he had 15 AB's, he would only need 2 hits to maintain his lead.

The only other variable is Kentucky's Tristan Pompey, who's BA is .374 and his season isn't done yet.....so if Rooker tanks and this guy gets hot, he could potentially pass him too.

But it looks like Rooker is a huge favorite to close this thing out.
    Yeah - looks like D1 Baseball.com was way behind in stats when I looked this morning. Rook is tied for RBI's with Hulsizer from Morehead.