Thread: Hypothetical - We win 1st game vs USM...then 2nd rained out permanently

vCash

Hypothetical - We win 1st game vs USM...then 2nd rained out permanently

If the regional cannot be completed by Tuesday, I hear the NCAA gets to choose which team goes to the Super.

If we beat USM in the 1st game to go 3-1, with wins against all 3 other teams, and USM goes 2-1 with head-to-head loss to us, does NCAA choose us over a higher-ranked USM?

We would have higher win %, as well as head-to-head. Who thinks that would be enough to get us into BR if it comes to that?

vCash
    Rumor is the higher seed advances. Which is stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    If the regional cannot be completed by Tuesday, I hear the NCAA gets to choose which team goes to the Super.

If we beat USM in the 1st game to go 3-1, with wins against all 3 other teams, and USM goes 2-1 with head-to-head loss to us, does NCAA choose us over a higher-ranked USM?

We would have higher win %, as well as head-to-head. Who thinks that would be enough to get us into BR if it comes to that?

I don't agree, but I think the NCAA would choose the higher ranked team, which would be USM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Rumor is the higher seed advances. Which is stupid.
    Rumor is wrong. It's purely up to the Committee to decide. But no criteria on how they would decide is put forward. This has never happened before with Baseball.

It doesn't really matter guys.. We HAVE to win the first game before we worry about this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I don't agree, but I think the NCAA would choose the higher ranked team, which would be USM.
    Anything is possible, but I would think the committee would only consider original seed if there was no legitimate compelling reason to do otherwise. Have to believe the seeding advantage would not supercede results on the field.

Head-to-head + better winning % should favor us, if it came to that. At least that's my opinion.

But as Scooba said, we have to win this first game before any of this comes into play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    Anything is possible, but I would think the committee would only consider original seed if there was no legitimate compelling reason to do otherwise. Have to believe the seeding advantage would not supercede results on the field.

Head-to-head + better winning % should favor us, if it came to that. At least that's my opinion.

But as Scooba said, we have to win this first game before any of this comes into play.

I agree and your opinion makes more sense. We just don't know how the committee would act. As Scooba said though the first game has to be won, or that scenario won't even be possible.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Carskadon tweeted that by NCAA rule tourney has to be completed by Tuesday. If not, higher seed advances.

vCash
    How long does it have to rain before it is cancelled permanently?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    How long does it have to rain before it is cancelled permanently?
    Condition of the field... there is a good amount of water in the outfield right now but it should be draining over the next 4 hours at least hopefully.

vCash
    Problem is that rain is coming in over the next hour or so. Gonna delay further. I could see game 2 being the type of game where three or four rain delays happen and the game is stretches over today and possibly tomorrow. Finding an hour window here and a 45 minute window there.

The field is gonna look nasty and it's gonna be a rough way to do it, but I think we get it in over the next 27 hours.