Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MSU vs USM - Regional Championship Game 1 5:45 Start

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    So? Is Davidson's guy a projected top 10 pick next year and our 2018 Ace? No chance in hell AC risks that. Zero percent
    He is something like a 24 year old 5th year senior with absolutely no pro future. He could care less about arm damage.

Could "not" care less

vCash
    Why have none of this regional's games been on any of ESPN's tv channels when so many other regional games have? I've watched all MSU games on WatchESPN of course. Just wondering why this regional didn't rate TV.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
    He is something like a 24 year old 5th year senior with absolutely no pro future. He could care less about arm damage.
    Hahaha, Dawg61 did you know this before posting that link? Hahahaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by It_Could_Happen View Post
    He threw 97 pitches yesterday. I would be shocked if we see him at all today or tomorrow for that matter. I think if it gets down to the 9th inning of one game maybe he can give you an out but that would be it. I'm not for it though. No use in risking the kids arm next year over 1 game.
    He threw over 110

Banned
    vCash
    So? Is Davidson's guy a projected top 10 pick next year and our 2018 Ace? No chance in hell AC risks that. Zero percent
    There is very little chance Pilk would pitch but if in game 2 we were up by one with runners on in the 9th u can bet he would come in to get the last couple of outs.

Banned
    vCash
    Hahaha, Dawg61 did you know this before posting that link? Hahahaha
    Yes, I was a pitcher too and I strongly believe pitchers are babied in current baseball with the pitch counts. Each pitcher should be viewed differently based on their mechanics, how much effort/stress they put into each pitch and how often they are in high stress innings. A guy like Ross Mitchell could throw 200 pitches and run a 1/2 marathon 4 hours later if needed. Someone like Trevor Rosenthal however needs to have his pitch count monitored heavily cause he goes max effort on every pitch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Yes, I was a pitcher too and I strongly believe pitchers are babied in current baseball with the pitch counts. Each pitcher should be viewed differently based on their mechanics, how much effort/stress they put into each pitch and how often they are in high stress innings. A guy like Ross Mitchell could throw 200 pitches and run a 1/2 marathon 4 hours later if needed. Someone like Trevor Rosenthal however needs to have his pitch count monitored heavily cause he goes max effort on every pitch.
    I was a pitcher too, and I agree with everything you just said. However, that doesn't change the point of what we were discussing, which is that Pilk is done this Regional. If you want to debate pitchers being babied these days...I'm in total agreement with you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    There is very little chance Pilk would pitch but if in game 2 we were up by one with runners on in the 9th u can bet he would come in to get the last couple of outs.
    Highly doubtful. But I hope we get to find out

vCash
    If Pilk comes in and gets a few outs in GM2, he gets 2 cheesecakes!!

Banned
    vCash
    I was a pitcher too, and I agree with everything you just said. However, that doesn't change the point of what we were discussing, which is that Pilk is done this Regional. If you want to debate pitchers being babied these days...I'm in total agreement with you
    Guess we will find out Cann's mindset on this soon enough. Mark me down as thinking he will run Pilk out for 1-2 innings in game 2. I have no problems admitting when I am wrong.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    If Pilk comes in and gets a few outs in GM2, he gets 2 cheesecakes!!
    Haha if we win a natty I am making Cheesecake Factory t-shirts for this board and yours will be free of charge

vCash
    Starting to look like we may not get to play at all. Lots of storms building in New Orleans area and moving NE.

Mods should rename the thread "pregame thread."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Starting to look like we may not get to play at all. Lots of storms building in New Orleans area and moving NE.

Yea I was just thinking, only MSU fans could have a 3+ page baseball game thread with no game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post

Have they ruled out the 3:30 start yet?

vCash
    Official word: If not completed by Tuesday, the higher seed advances.

So does that mean we can finish ON Tuesday? Or it has to be completed BEFORE Tuesday? This is a damn joke, we should have completed one game this morning

vCash
    If this thing comes down to the seeding rule, I don't know that I would ever recover from that. Southern getting to advance without us even getting to play would just be a garbage way for this thing to end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Have they ruled out the 3:30 start yet?
    Yes

vCash
    Yea I was just thinking, only MSU fans could have a 3+ page baseball game thread with no game.
    Just wait till Hevesy conversation comes up

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Rain really doesn't help us imo. Plumlee and pilk will still be done. They get their game 1 starter back tomorrow
    They aren't going to throw their Game 1 starter on 3 days rest in a non-elimination game. And they may not throw him at all if it jeopardizes him being full strength in the Super Regional. If we can take the first game that their ace doesn't pitch, we move into "anything can happen" territory in the 2nd game, and that's really all we can ask for. I think we benefit more from the extra day than they would.

Banned
    vCash
    Tarp back on. If we don't get anything in today then game 1 should be played at 9am Tmr and then game two whenever possible after that