Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Anybody Else Experiencing Any Issue(s) With WatchEspn Broadcasts?

vCash

Is Anybody Else Experiencing Any Issue(s) With WatchEspn Broadcasts?

I now have Uverse with Fiber to the Home, and a download speed of normally 120 mbps, but for the last month or so, it has buffered and frozen up on Watch Espn. It seems like after they made the format change, it is more like when I had ATT DSL and a download speed of 1 mbps. Last night on the USA game, the video was poor quality off and on and it buffered so much and semi froze up that it made it difficult to watch. I wonder if this is due to so many people streaming the site, or a just an internet provider issue?

vCash
    Yes, mine does the same shit. It's frustrating as hell.

vCash
    I have xfinity, and it's mostly been fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I have xfinity, and it's mostly been fine.

Thanks...Could be a Uverse internet issue then?

vCash
    No problem with my Uverse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Yes, mine does the same shit. It's frustrating as hell.

A ball count of 2 and 2 with men on base and then the picture freezes and when it appears we are in commercial break.... Yep very frustrating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    No problem with my Uverse

Thanks Scooba. I'm using Chrome, since Firefox won't work. I will probably call ESPN if it continues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Thanks Scooba. I'm using Chrome, since Firefox won't work. I will probably call ESPN if it continues.
    Don't call espn. that won't have anything to do with it and won't get you anywhere.
    If anything try it on another device at your house.. see if it's your computer or the internet connection.

vCash
    I have xfinity and roku on the TV, mine went in and out of focus and buffered some all last night.

vCash
    I have Uverse also. Mine would come on, play great a little while, then freeze up, buffer, and then come back on to play for a while longer. It kept doing this throughout the ball game.

vCash
    Same issues here and I have Uverse as well.

vCash
    I've had the same issue with xfinity. I'm in Desoto County near Memphis

vCash
    I'm just watching on my computer since my Roku needs re-authenticating and I don't want to fool with it right now ... but so far WatchESPN has been fine, except for just a few seconds last night when it buffered. Turned it on at 1 today and it had no trouble telling me we were in a weather delay.

vCash
    1GB up/down AT&T fiber. I had derezzing and loading issues last night. Had been rock solid the last two days. I bought a new router and have a Roku and gen 2 Chromocast. Same issues with both devices. No idea what causes the ESPN issues.
    Last edited by Hypnodawg; 06-05-2017 at 01:43 PM.
    "until the next time you beat a frat guy unconscious, get stoned and think you're Peter Pan"

vCash
    it's a piece of shit app. stopped working on my ipad 2. Chrome Home and other tv apps woudl work... just not watch espn or sec network +

unplugged Chromecast from HDMI slot then turned off direct tv... plugged back in the chromecast into the same HDMI slot with NO DIRECT TV machine on and it worked... seems someone is trying to c*@kblock someone since they are not using apple tv.

vCash
    It wouldn't load new games for me on an airplane last night even though I paid for the wifi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    it's a piece of shit app. stopped working on my ipad 2. Chrome Home and other tv apps woudl work... just not watch espn or sec network +

unplugged Chromecast from HDMI slot then turned off direct tv... plugged back in the chromecast into the same HDMI slot with NO DIRECT TV machine on and it worked... seems someone is trying to c*@kblock someone since they are not using apple tv.

I think I might try IE for the next game broadcast. I haven't tried IE yet. If that works then Chrome would be the culprit. I never have liked Chrome and it's a hog on collecting internet cache data.

vCash
    I think I might try IE for the next game broadcast. I haven't tried IE yet. If that works then Chrome would be the culprit. I never have liked Chrome and it's a hog on collecting internet cache data.
    that's an idea i haven't thought about.... IE is slow on my new HP I5 itel computer. Roku must be much better.... have heard nothing but good things. u can get a 55 " 4k Hitachi 4k at Sam's for $500... and the new Sharp 4k looks good for a mid price tv....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    that's an idea i haven't thought about.... IE is slow on my new HP I5 itel computer. Roku must be much better.... have heard nothing but good things. u can get a 55 " 4k Hitachi 4k at Sam's for $500... and the new Sharp 4k looks good for a mid price tv....

IE was slow when I had AT&T DSL, but eveything was slow lol....... Several years ago when I was having issues on logging in, the ESPN CSR told me that WatchEspn was not comptatable with Firefox, or anyway you could have issues with it. That's why I started (and she suggested) using Chrome. Good prices on the tv.

vCash
    I now have Uverse with Fiber to the Home, and a download speed of normally 120 mbps, but for the last month or so, it has buffered and frozen up on Watch Espn. It seems like after they made the format change, it is more like when I had ATT DSL and a download speed of 1 mbps. Last night on the USA game, the video was poor quality off and on and it buffered so much and semi froze up that it made it difficult to watch. I wonder if this is due to so many people streaming the site, or a just an internet provider issue?
    how to you like the fiber to the house? have you seen the c spire model? just wondering what might be better... they say c spire is faster... have it available at house.. but still using uvesre but don't have gigabit yet? thank in advance