Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, is today the day the dirty laundry gets aired?

vCash

So, is today the day the dirty laundry gets aired?

Asking for a friend.

vCash
    Duh duh duh, duuhduh, duh duhduh
    Kick em when their up, kick em when their down,
    Kick em when their up, kick em when their down,
    Everyone loves, dirty laundry!

I hope so!

vCash
    OM guys seem to think its not getting released today. I've seen them say either tomorrow or Wednesday. But they've been wrong throughout this entire process so who knows.

vCash
    Are all their recruits in summer school? Once they are- they will release

vCash
    Found this little gem of wisdom over on nafoom. Seems now that the executioner cometh the narrative has changed from this being an ED conspiracy and witch hunt by the NCAA to one of defiance because they're just being morally upright and caring about poor under privileged families who just can't make ends meet. Now they leave out they just help families who have a teenage son that can run a 4.25 40 or can bench 400lbs. Holy hell I can't wait until the NCAA whips out all 12" and tells them they got a purty mouth and then asks about their gag reflex.

Great opportunity for Ole Miss to own it. Something along the lines of "you're mother****in' right we turn a blind eye to alumni who choose to support our student athletes to fill in the financial gaps where the NCAA is morally derelict. We embrace the accusations and welcome the punishment for the enrichment of the families of our student athletes. There's no way any competitive FBS school can micromanage how their alumni choose to be charitable. The only hindrance is how NCAA policies literally facilitate a black market where young people are exploited and poorly represented. The current system is anti-free market and unamerican.

The whole Barney Farrar thing is a smokescreen and a bunch of who shot John. He may have been some sort of insulated middleman but the NCAA wants you to think he was a subversive figure handing out cartoon-sized burlap sacks of cash.

If we just bow down and apologize, what are we really doing? Ensuring the unmolested protection of the traditional NCAA football powers and continued exploitation of young people.

The NCAA has already decided to **** Ole Miss anyway. That's been leaked, and the preceding leaks have been fairly accurate to this point. Why not just ****in' own it? The "Committee on Infractions" dog and pony show is a total farce. Just hope and wish and yes ma'am and no ma'am ourselves into a lenient punishment? **** that.

This isn't a traditional court case so let's not handle it like one...It's the definition of a unilateral, incestuous, heavy handed decision. A fantastic opportunity to buy long-term equity with future recruits as the university who stood up for players rights. And if we get the death penalty for that, college football isn't a sport worth watching.

vCash
    Friday at 4:30, if at all.

vCash
    I would be shocked if they released it today. They said the week of June 5th so I suspect Thursday or Friday in hopes that it is lost in the weekend news dump.

Another questions is whether the state's favorite supply of litter box liners and scrap paper the CL will bother reporting on the release information. They may not see it as important enough sports news when in-State two teams are competing in baseball regionals. ***
    Last edited by Reason2succeed; 06-05-2017 at 07:37 AM.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash

"Because we're Ole Miss"

Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Asking for a friend.
    I had a stand up type of OM fan tell me this quote about cheating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    Friday at 4:30, if at all.
    This exactly. Ole Miss will attempts to distract, redirect, or conceal the truth. They have been doing this since this whole investigation began and I don't expect them to stop doing that today. Their administration will lie directly to your face about "being transparent" and then continue in the complete opposite direction.

vCash
    This may be the WEEK, but it won't be the DAY...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    I would be shocked if they released it today. They said the week of June 5th so I suspect Thursday or Friday in hopes that it is lost in the weekend news dump.

Another questions is whether the state's favorite supply of litter box liners and scrap paper the CL will bother reporting on the release information. They may not see it as important enough sports news when in-State two teams are competing in baseball regionals. ***
    They will write an article on this (peppered with a lot of the Ole Miss administrators talking about how happy they are and they worked with the NCAA and blah blah) when the NCAA sanctions are announced and yahoo/espn/etc have already reported on it. They...will...NOT...break a story of any type on this. They will ONLY do follow-up.

vCash
    Found this little gem of wisdom over on nafoom. Seems now that the executioner cometh the narrative has changed from this being an ED conspiracy and witch hunt by the NCAA to one of defiance because they're just being morally upright and caring about poor under privileged families who just can't make ends meet. Now they leave out they just help families who have a teenage son that can run a 4.25 40 or can bench 400lbs. Holy hell I can't wait until the NCAA whips out all 12" and tells them they got a purty mouth and then asks about their gag reflex.

Great opportunity for Ole Miss to own it. Something along the lines of "you're mother****in' right we turn a blind eye to alumni who choose to support our student athletes to fill in the financial gaps where the NCAA is morally derelict. We embrace the accusations and welcome the punishment for the enrichment of the families of our student athletes. There's no way any competitive FBS school can micromanage how their alumni choose to be charitable. The only hindrance is how NCAA policies literally facilitate a black market where young people are exploited and poorly represented. The current system is anti-free market and unamerican.

The whole Barney Farrar thing is a smokescreen and a bunch of who shot John. He may have been some sort of insulated middleman but the NCAA wants you to think he was a subversive figure handing out cartoon-sized burlap sacks of cash.

If we just bow down and apologize, what are we really doing? Ensuring the unmolested protection of the traditional NCAA football powers and continued exploitation of young people.

The NCAA has already decided to **** Ole Miss anyway. That's been leaked, and the preceding leaks have been fairly accurate to this point. Why not just ****in' own it? The "Committee on Infractions" dog and pony show is a total farce. Just hope and wish and yes ma'am and no ma'am ourselves into a lenient punishment? **** that.

This isn't a traditional court case so let's not handle it like one...It's the definition of a unilateral, incestuous, heavy handed decision. A fantastic opportunity to buy long-term equity with future recruits as the university who stood up for players rights. And if we get the death penalty for that, college football isn't a sport worth watching.
    This sounds like the guy that got arrested for killing another guy with a knife:
    But officer, he fell on his knife.
    Officer: 27 times?

vCash
    I expect maximum legal distraction and court filings.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
    stand up type of OM fan .
    Oxymoron

vCash
    Asking for a friend.

Being such a lenient time period, "the week of" instead of a specific day, they won't release something like that on a Monday. My guess would be as late as they can right before the weekend. The best time to release something that someone doesn't want to, is usually before a holiday. If that is not possible then right before a weekend. The reasoning is that people are involved in other things and less views and less comments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post

Mississippi baseball wouldn't displace it from the CL but since the hometown Preds are in the Stanley Cup Finals I wouldn't look for it.

vCash
    Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Are all their recruits in summer school? Once they are- they will release

Summer school has started.... With draw without a grade last day was June 2. Withdraw with a grade June 20....
    for the local school. So should be same dates...

vCash
    I have some honest questions that I wish a rational rebel, if one exists, would answer.

Why is there so much venom towards Steve Robertson? He has done nothing but push to expose what is going on. He hasn't contributed to anything. He's just pushing for info. If he hadn't done anything, it wouldn't change the outcome...we just wouldn't have any info at this point. He got tired of being stonewalled, and he got tired of the news media sitting on info, so he did something about it. I realize he works for MSU scout but he would report similarly about State if that were the case. He's done everyone a service by actually providing meaningful info instead of the web of lies spun by Ole Miss media.

Why is there so much venom towards MSU? MSU didn't turn Ole Miss in. MSU didn't make Ole Miss cheat. The "immunity interviews" had nothing to do with them being at MSU. An under-reported fact is that there are students at other schools that have been given immunity also. The secret recordings of Leo Lewis are bullshit, too. If there was anything incriminating on there, Yancyboy would have leaked that out after signing day and everyone knows that.

I mean, I understand the narrative...rogue boosters, everyone does it, not a big deal, blah blah blah. But every media outlet not under Ole Miss's control is calling this one of the most egregious cheating scandals since SMU. It doesn't have anything to do with MSU or Steve Robertson. I think much of their fanbase come off as petulent children looking for others to blame. Own it and fix it and maybe it won't be so bad, it seems to me.

What Ole Miss did in a four or five year period doesn't pass the sniff test for anyone. It doesn't have anything to do with the SEC or the NCAA wanting to hold them down because they aren't one of the blue bloods of the sport. Yes, cheating happens everywhere, but the issue is the volume and scale. The NCAA didn't stay in Oxford for four years because they were digging until the found something....the NCAA has been there for four years because they keep finding stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    I have some honest questions that I wish a rational rebel, if one exists, would answer.

Why is there so much venom towards Steve Robertson? He has done nothing but push to expose what is going on. He hasn't contributed to anything. He's just pushing for info. If he hadn't done anything, it wouldn't change the outcome...we just wouldn't have any info at this point. He got tired of being stonewalled, and he got tired of the news media sitting on info, so he did something about it. I realize he works for MSU scout but he would report similarly about State if that were the case. He's done everyone a service by actually providing meaningful info instead of the web of lies spun by Ole Miss media.

Why is there so much venom towards MSU? MSU didn't turn Ole Miss in. MSU didn't make Ole Miss cheat. The "immunity interviews" had nothing to do with them being at MSU. An under-reported fact is that there are students at other schools that have been given immunity also. The secret recordings of Leo Lewis are bullshit, too. If there was anything incriminating on there, Yancyboy would have leaked that out after signing day and everyone knows that.

I mean, I understand the narrative...rogue boosters, everyone does it, not a big deal, blah blah blah. But every media outlet not under Ole Miss's control is calling this one of the most egregious cheating scandals since SMU. It doesn't have anything to do with MSU or Steve Robertson. I think much of their fanbase come off as petulent children looking for others to blame. Own it and fix it and maybe it won't be so bad, it seems to me.

What Ole Miss did in a four or five year period doesn't pass the sniff test for anyone. It doesn't have anything to do with the SEC or the NCAA wanting to hold them down because they aren't one of the blue bloods of the sport. Yes, cheating happens everywhere, but the issue is the volume and scale. The NCAA didn't stay in Oxford for four years because they were digging until the found something....the NCAA has been there for four years because they keep finding stuff.
    They are obsessed with two things...winning at all costs and putting down MSU. Anything that upsets either of those apple carts makes them clinically psychotic. Mullen started winning so they were no longer keeping us down and when we went #1 they collectively shit their pants. So they started cheating above and beyond normal to try and reclaim their sense of superiority. Problem is that they were sp blinded by their hatred for us they got sloppy and didn't cover their tracks as well. They also pissed off the big boys of college football by buying players out from under them and then just giving them a big middle finger. They somehow convinced themselves they were untouchable and made up some story about them getting these recruits because the campus was so beautiful and they were ole miss, by damn. But taco money and tobacco settlement fees only goes so far. It may cover up stealing players from us and Memphis, but not Alabama, UGA, and Michigan all in the same year.