Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UIC Game 2

vCash

UIC Game 2

For those who care and aren't throwing in the towel (count me in), does anybody know who UIC is throwing today and what his numbers are?

I see our path to 4 wins as:

Pilk, JB/DM, DM/JB, and Gordon as starters

Pilk goes 7+ today making whole bullpen ready for Sunday

Gordon going 5 Monday and piecing together last 4 innings (Mangum may be an option)

Hit, hit, hit, hit!!!
    Last edited by confucius say; 06-03-2017 at 09:45 AM.

vCash
    What time do we play? I'm still looking forward to it. I think we win today and then maybe one more. Who knows, anything can happen.

Are we on tv?

vCash
    We're going to win today. These guys are too gritty to go 2 & through

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    We're going to win today. These guys are too gritty to go 2 & through
    I don't see grit. Just giving up walks, getting behind in the count while our guys 1st pitch swinging at benders in the dirt.

vCash
    Dont ever count this team out until it's over. I went to the games yesterday. It's a miracle southern won, they shouldn't be looking forward to playing USA. State didn't play overly bad, USA just played really well. The first pitch that Gordon threw that that kid hit in to the next county was a bad sign. But we kept grinding. We had some really hard hit balls. These kids will come out battling today. Just hope it's not as hot as yesterday's 1pm game.

vCash
    I'm a USM fan, and we tend to come to big brother's board and act like children after wins, Bc we don't do it often. We didn't even beat MSU yesterday, and it was still the biggest win of our season. We have such an inferiority complex.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 06-03-2017 at 10:51 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brett collier View Post
    I'm a USM fan, and we tend to come to big brother's board and act like children after wins, Bc we don't do it often. We didn't even beat MSU yesterday, and it was still the biggest win of our season. We have such an inferiority complex.
    Did all 10 of their fans come over here?? Good grief. Who wudda thunk? Are they as bad as ole miss fans? I wouldn't know even though I live in the Hattiesburg area because they never talk about sports.

vCash
    Just announced that the game is delayed. No start time yet.

Even though I agreed with starting Gordon...this was my one fear, rain. If rain suspends the game and we only get 4-5 out of Pilk, that will be awful

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brett collier View Post
    Super Regionals and OMAHA are an expectation for MSU... anything else is a bad year for us...

vCash
    They aren't as bad as ole miss fans, but it was blatantly obvious yesterday they enjoyed us losing. One of my good friends is a southern fan and is who I went with yesterday. I cheered for southern the first game, but after watching our game with a lot of the same gold company around me, Ill be rooting for USA today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    For those who care and aren't throwing in the towel (count me in)
    I'm with you. I refuse to throw in the towel.

vCash
    Southern Miss owes us for saving their Athletic department 3-4 years ago... so there's that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I don't see grit. Just giving up walks, getting behind in the count while our guys 1st pitch swinging at benders in the dirt.
    I don't see the grit either. Can't throw the ball over the plate and can't hit in the clutch.

Banned
    vCash
    I'd rather see Rooker pitch than Gordon pitch the rest of this season. Dude got his confidence shattered yesterday after the 1st pitch. Consider him on the 8 month DL for a broken mental.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I'd rather see Rooker pitch than Gordon pitch the rest of this season. Dude got his confidence shattered yesterday after the 1st pitch. Consider him on the 8 month DL for a broken mental.
    I'll remind you of that Monday night

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    This time of the year is all about who's hot and who's not. Unfortunately, our bats are not hot. Our pitching, even when hot, is middle of the road. Yesterday was a bad day for both, which will result in a loss. Bottom line, USA is a better team than we are. They may well prove to have been the two seed when it's over.

Overall, we exceeded expectations and played above our heads most of the year. Cann showed us a glimpse of what's to come. If we can hold on to even 2 of the signees that are expected to be drafted high, that's a big win. We'll most likely have to piece together a roster next year, but I expect Cann to be playing with a full deck beginning with the new Dude in 2019.

I'm ready to match LSU's success in the form of 6 straight national seeds as they attained this year. We have the resources to do that.

Banned
    vCash
    how long's this weather delay expected to last?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    how long's this weather delay expected to last?
    Twitter say it'll be somewhere between 3 & 5 pm before we start

vCash
    Please post updates as you get them if you don't mind.

Banned
    vCash
    Central I am assuming, gonna be a long day