Thread: My guess on OM sanctions

Banned
    vCash

My guess on OM sanctions

2 year bowl ban
    3 years probation
    24 schollies over 3 years.

vCash
    C'mon My Brother In Christ, are you trying to add to your prediction record? If the NCAA gives just one third of their penalty matrix its way more than that.

vCash
    I'm going 32 over 4. My line of thinking is since USC got popped for 30, the NCAA will have to hit them a little harder.

vCash
    All Coaches will receive a show cause 8 to 10+ years...
    Would love to see freezus with a show cause of 10+ years and a never coach again...
    40 Scholorships
    3 bowl bans
    5 - 10 years probation....
    Retractions of ALL wins since Feezus went to OM the 1st time....

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    2 year bowl ban
    3 years probation
    3 yr bowl ban
    4 yrs probation
    40 over 4
    Freezus gone
    Last edited by Bully13; 06-02-2017 at 06:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    3 yr bowl ban
    4 yrs probation
    40 over 4
    Freezus gone
    Has any viewed a copy of freezus contract? Will a "show cause" get Om out of paying off his buy out? I have heard that Freezus is going to stick it to OM....

vCash
    2 year bowl ban
    3 years probation
    If that's all they get then the new much ballyhooed new penalty matrix is out the window at its first real test. Any credibility for the NCAA is totally gone.

vCash
    35 schollies.
    2 year bowl ban.
    8 year show cause for Frezzus.

vCash
    24 over 3? Come onnnn man....

I'd put the o/u on schollies at 35ish. Barney has his finger on the death penalty button... has he pushed it? We will see soon enough, but you better believe that he has the ability to shut the program down if he so pleases. Ole Miss's dumbest move, and there have been a boatload of them, was turning their back on Barney while throwing him under the bus. Remember, Barney's lawyer was just quoted saying that OM is facing "death penalty like sanctions".

24 over 3 is nowhere near death penalty like sanctions. OM would take 24 over 3 right this second then throw a shirtless party at the Library before passing out backpacks full of cash and tacos to any recruit that comes to the late night party at the Tuohy's suite in the Inn at Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    All Coaches will receive a show cause 8 to 10+ years...
    Would love to see freezus with a show cause of 10+ years and a never coach again...
    40 Scholorships
    3 bowl bans
    5 - 10 years probation....
    Retractions of ALL wins since Feezus went to OM the 1st time....
    Is this a wish list? Every coach isn't getting a 8-10 year show cause. Not even close. But dreaming is good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    Has any viewed a copy of freezus contract? Will a "show cause" get Om out of paying off his buy out? I have heard that Freezus is going to stick it to OM....
    Yea he can be fired w cause. But they don't need a show cause to not have to pay the buyout.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Yea he can be fired w cause. But they don't need a show cause to not have to pay the buyout.
    I understand that freezus plans to STICK them if they try to fire him... I know that this state is a right to work state... But they have a contract... and the fools extended his...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    If that's all they get then the new much ballyhooed new penalty matrix is out the window at its first real test. Any credibility for the NCAA is totally gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousDawg34 View Post
    24 over 3? Come onnnn man....

I'd put the o/u on schollies at 35ish. Barney has his finger on the death penalty button... has he pushed it? We will see soon enough, but you better believe that he has the ability to shut the program down if he so pleases. Ole Miss's dumbest move, and there have been a boatload of them, was turning their back on Barney while throwing him under the bus. Remember, Barney's lawyer was just quoted saying that OM is facing "death penalty like sanctions".

24 over 3 is nowhere near death penalty like sanctions. OM would take 24 over 3 right this second then throw a shirtless party at the Library before passing out backpacks full of cash and tacos to any recruit that comes to the late night party at the Tuohy's suite in the Inn at Ole Miss.
    True dat, Liverpool. That's why I'm gonna take the over Devious, and I'm thinking closer to 40-45 scholarships lost over 4 years. But I'm still thinking we're closer to the DP than at any time since SMU, primarily because TCUN has gotten caught several times in the last two recruiting cycles and has pissed the NCAA off big time!

vCash
    There is a penalty matrix so the COI is no longer just "deciding" on penalties arbitrarily so your predictions should be based on this.

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/f...%29_101212.pdf
    Last edited by Reason2succeed; 06-02-2017 at 07:58 PM.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    2 year bowl ban
    3 years probation
    2 yr bowl ban
    4 yr probation
    36 scholarships
    Freeze show cause 2 years
    Bjork show cause 4 years
    Major reduction in visits and benefits
    At LEAST 3-4 boosters dissociated for 4 years.

Om can reduce scholarships if they fire freeze. Down to 30.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    There is a penalty matrix so the COI is no longer just "deciding" on penalties arbitrarily so your predictions should be based on this.

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/f...%29_101212.pdf

Someone with much more time on their hands than me could take the penalty matrix and give a lowest possible with all penalties done as mitigating, a middle with all at standard, and a max with all penalties as aggravated.

When you begin looking at where it takes you one quickly comes to the same conclusion as Barney's lawyer that it would likely be easier on OM to jut shut their program down for two years than to have 8 years of bowl ban and all the scholarships reduced.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Several months ago, someone did use the penalty matrix formula and I think it ended up being like 50-60 scholarships lost. If it is that Draconian, Ole Miss would be better off just taking a one year death penalty, releasing all their players and starting from scratch.
    Last edited by Dolphus Raymond; 06-02-2017 at 08:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Several months ago, someone did use the penalty matrix formula and I think it ended up being like 50-60 scholarships lost if it is that Draconian, Ole Miss would be better off just taking a one year death penalty, releasing all their players and starting from scratch.
    DeviousDawg34 did a really well thought out listing, but it's buried. I still have one of his threads up on my tablet. Sorry for the cut and paste Url, but I'm on my tablet.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...sed-ever-since

vCash
    2 year bowl ban
    3 years probation
    Preahermatt83.... According to the penalty guidelines your guess would be the very least Om would be awarded for their sins.....

HC restrictions- freezus 30% games suspension (haha)
    Show cause for mitigation is 1 year each (we know that will not wash)
    The Financial Penalties we know OM has returned 7.8 M to the bowl commission The other financial penalties are hard to compute without the OM budget. Min. $5,000.00 plus 1% of the total sport program budget.
    Recruiting visits -- is based on previous year....

I will say it again, OM may wish they had received the DP....

vCash
    The m*****f***** is gone! Old Mrs. will be obliterated from the planet! There will not be enough players on scholarship to field a team for the next 5 years. They are done!