Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli Wright

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash

Eli Wright

Look like Eli has decided to stick around & not transfer. No official word on Mario but expect him to transfer.

vCash
    I liked Eli's hustle when he was in the game. Kegler was kind of the opposite of that. I could see Eli playing the 1,2, or 3 depending on the situation so he could get a lot of minutes.

vCash
    Good. I like Eli

vCash
    Howland said he won't recruit anymore kids associated with Carter. Pretty big bball donor shared that fwiw. Also said Carter was pimping Kegler around back in December. Dude is a real POS.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Look like Eli has decided to stick around & not transfer. No official word on Mario but expect him to transfer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    Howland said he won't recruit anymore kids associated with Carter. Pretty big bball donor shared that fwiw. Also said Carter was pimping Kegler around back in December. Dude is a real POS.
    Boom!!! Two excellent pieces of news for our basketball program within 30 minutes!! Today is going wonderfully! I really like Wright, he is tough, has some swag, is a good rebounder, isn't afraid of contact and has good size for a guard. If he can get some more air under his shot it'll improve a lot too. No more Ohmar Carter divas is fantastic news as well. Does Howland read this board? I think he does

vCash
    I'm sticking to my thoughts that if Eli would commit himself to being excellent on the defensive end he'd get 25-30 a game on that alone. And I think he can still be a good slasher type offensive player with a developing outside shot.

But still crowded back there with the weatherspoons, Peters, Carter, wright and x

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    I'm sticking to my thoughts that if Eli would commit himself to being excellent on the defensive end he'd get 25-30 a game on that alone. And I think he can still be a good slasher type offensive player with a developing outside shot.

But still crowded back there with the weatherspoons, Peters, Carter, wright and x
    X can play the 4 when we go small.

vCash
    I like the news as well. If all we lose is Mario in the offseason, I view that as a win.

Senior Member PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE's Avatar
    vCash
    great news. Looking @ the depth chart we were down to 3 SG/SFs w/ Wright gone. Wasn't overly concerned b/c Peters can play the 2 but we were one injury away from having one guy backing up positions 1-3. I think Wright helps our depth tremendously & can provide a defensive sub when Carter can't match up physically. I think he'll factor heavily in the rotation & avg 15-20 mins.

vCash
    Nice!

vCash
    Kegler's meeting with Howland went well so some are optimistic he might stay. As feared though this is the handy work of Omhar Carter which we suspected all along.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    We have to deal with him though because of his connections to the Jackson area. It's unfortunately a necessary evil. I am hoping that the places he is trying to pimp Kegler to aren't buying and we can keep him. If Kegler has the season he thinks he will have, we and him benefit from it. He can then jump to the NBA or whatever he wants to do and we will get Woodard next year. It's a win-win for everyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Kegler's meeting with Howland went well so some are optimistic he might stay. As feared though this is the handy work of Omhar Carter which we suspected all along.
    At this point unless he dumps Carter, I'd rather him leave. It's clear at this point his head isn't going to be in the right place as long as Carter is in the picture.

Banned
    vCash
    Kegler needs to tell Ohmar to **** off! Guy is a total leach that is NOT looking out for Mario's best interests.

Banned
    vCash
    We have to deal with him though because of his connections to the Jackson area.
    No we don't. Most of the players coming outta Jackson are not good for our program. It won't take long before everyone sees that Ohmar Carter is a leach and until that happens we can recruit other areas of this country/world were the players are not divas. Plus we got the two best players outta Jackson already in the two Spoons. I'll take my chances we get the 3rd one as well without dealing with Ohmar. The reason Ohmar acts like this is because he's scared everyone into thinking they have to suck his balls to get good players. Malik Newman and Mario Kegler aren't exactly winning awards and having scouts drooling over them lately so where exactly are these "good" players that Ohmar has again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I liked Eli's hustle when he was in the game. Kegler was kind of the opposite of that. I could see Eli playing the 1,2, or 3 depending on the situation so he could get a lot of minutes.
    I thought Keglar's effort was fine when I saw him (which admittedly I didn't get to see most of our games). He was a true freshman having to adjust to playing the three without the athleticism advantage he enjoyed in high schooland I thought he looked very promising. I can't imagine how he would think it's in his best interest to transfer and sit out as opposed to spending the next year being a starter for what hopefully will be a breakout team.

vCash
    I didn't think it was an effort thing either with Kegler. His issues was shot selection consistency and some carelessness with the ball. I thought he played hard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I thought Keglar's effort was fine when I saw him (which admittedly I didn't get to see most of our games). He was a true freshman having to adjust to playing the three without the athleticism advantage he enjoyed in high schooland I thought he looked very promising. I can't imagine how he would think it's in his best interest to transfer and sit out as opposed to spending the next year being a starter for what hopefully will be a breakout team.
    He just looked very hot and cold on the hustle part, it very well could have been due to freshman year issues. The guy has a lot of talent so hopefully he listens to Howland instead of Carter. One of those guys has won a lot of games and put players in the NBA and the other is just trying to leach off of kids.

Banned
    vCash
    We have to deal with him though because of his connections to the Jackson area. It's unfortunately a necessary evil. I am hoping that the places he is trying to pimp Kegler to aren't buying and we can keep him. If Kegler has the season he thinks he will have, we and him benefit from it. He can then jump to the NBA or whatever he wants to do and we will get Woodard next year. It's a win-win for everyone.
    Honestly speaking, what is the worst that would happen if we just said to hell with recruiting the Jackson area AAU circuit? Other than Charles Rhodes, we haven't had an impact player from Jackson in the past two decades or so. I know its the best MS has to offer, but MS isn't much of a basketball state anyway and there's plenty of talent elsewhere.

vCash
    There seems to be a trend of players transferring when Omhar is associated with them. Is the intent for the good of the player or somebody else? Well, everybody will just need to form their own opinion on that.