Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At first it was kind of cool having USM fans but then they all turned out to be dicks

vCash

At first it was kind of cool having USM fans but then they all turned out to be dicks

I wonder how many of them were really Ole Miss dicks? Even when we played them in football what few were pretty cool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I wonder how many of them were really Ole Miss dicks? Even when we played them in football what few were pretty cool.
    After perusing their board....pretty sure they were all USM fans. Ole Miss is too depressed right now to pretend to be USM fans. That would just remind them that USM & MSU are in Regionals and they aren't.

Click an ad though, Buzzards & Bearzzards

vCash
    Lived in Hattiesburg for 19 years, best friends with Corky Palmer's nephew - I truly support Southern Miss baseball and the job Corky did making the program relevant.

But their 6,284 fans are the absolute worst. They have the worst little brother syndrome in the country, bc not only are they a little fish, they are a little fish in a little pond. Anything against State or Ole Miss is their World Series/Super Bowl/NBA Finals. Maybe back in the 90's they had a point on football, but they refuse to see the death spiral that G5 conference schools (Not named Houston or maybe even Memphis are in).

Baseball is the equalizer in sports as it doesn't require a lot of money to good (though it still helps), but no matter how much I compliment their team and tell them they should be favorites in this regional all they want to do is talk shit. I like USM baseball, went to their series against FAU, hang out in the roost (which is fun but is about 15% of the lounge's greatness), but bc I will wear maroon this wknd they will be utter and complete dicks right out of the blue. They WILL NEVER say a positive word about State.

vCash
    There is a reason why I think we should only play them in baseball in Jackson every year. A regional is a regional and the choice is to go or turn it down I guess- and I would never be for that even if the regional was to Oxford.

But to be honest- I don't like the idea of playing them in Hattiesburg to open the season next year or them opening up in Starkville in 2019.

I don't complain about it too much because I'm actually OK playing them home/home in football one every 5-6 years or so and I know some of our fans don't like that.

I know that sounds odd on the surface- but we've just had too many incidents from them over the years down there and that's why we haven't played there since I think 2010 or so. I mean, these clowns tried to have Ron Polk arrested for arguing with an umpire during a baseball game. The funny part about that was Polk allegedly held out his hands to the police officer and told him "Go ahead". I guess the police officer thought better of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    After perusing their board....pretty sure they were all USM fans. Ole Miss is too depressed right now to pretend to be USM fans. That would just remind them that USM & MSU are in Regionals and they aren't.

Apparently they're not too depressed to pretend like they are commitments from Baseball HOF's children though.

Banned
    vCash

vCash
    If I was AD we would never play them in any sport after what they did to Polk that time...not to mention if we hadn't agreed to play them in football a few years back, they may not even have D1 athletics now... USM should get on their knees and thank every MSU fan they meet.

vCash

I llke the title Bearzzards.

vCash
    Are you really shocked though?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    If I was AD we would never play them in any sport after what they did to Polk that time...not to mention if we hadn't agreed to play them in football a few years back, they may not even have D1 athletics now... USM should get on their knees and thank every MSU fan they meet.
    I was about to post this. When the cop went after Polk, that would have been the end of the welfare.

vCash
    I'd love to play USM the way we used to every year in football. Keeps the money in state and reminds them who they are. Brett Favre is gone. (We beat him too)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    You didn't pay much attention. USM fans have ALWAYS been this way. The only way we should ever play them in anything is if we have to in NCAA regionals and such. Then they can go back to being LSU fans even more than they already are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    I was about to post this. When the cop went after Polk, that would have been the end of the welfare.
    I never heard that story

vCash
    After perusing their board
    That took what 30 seconds.

vCash
    Ole Miss is too depressed right now to pretend to be USM fans.
    Ole Miss just won a Natty in men's golf (individual) so get outta here with that depressed shit.

vCash
    How bad did we beat them in basketball this year? They were AWFUL!!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    How bad did we beat them in basketball this year? They were AWFUL!!
    Haha I forgot about this, we beat them 86-44

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...meId=400910729

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    I never heard that story
    If you read my post above- that's pretty much what happened. He argued a call and then all of a sudden one of their rent a cops went on the field while Polk was arguing and tried to arrest him. The only thing I didn't add was the USM AD Richard Giannini and Corky Palmer apologized to Polk and I want to say Byrne was the AD at the time but it certainly could have been LT.

Basically it made USM look like a total bush league outfit and the cop look incredibly out of touch with reality.

vCash
    This week and all their crap post have brought back a lot of bad memories that I had out away. I hope we never schedule them again in anything.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMSDog View Post
    Lived in Hattiesburg for 19 years, best friends with Corky Palmer's nephew - I truly support Southern Miss baseball and the job Corky did making the program relevant.

But their 6,284 fans are the absolute worst. They have the worst little brother syndrome in the country, bc not only are they a little fish, they are a little fish in a little pond. Anything against State or Ole Miss is their World Series/Super Bowl/NBA Finals. Maybe back in the 90's they had a point on football, but they refuse to see the death spiral that G5 conference schools (Not named Houston or maybe even Memphis are in).

Baseball is the equalizer in sports as it doesn't require a lot of money to good (though it still helps), but no matter how much I compliment their team and tell them they should be favorites in this regional all they want to do is talk shit. I like USM baseball, went to their series against FAU, hang out in the roost (which is fun but is about 15% of the lounge's greatness), but bc I will wear maroon this wknd they will be utter and complete dicks right out of the blue. They WILL NEVER say a positive word about State.

We are playing in a regional where we are the only P5 team in the regional. Yea, USM had a good year, but they would have not made a Regional had they played in the SEC. We are the best team in this regional by far and if we play to our potential we will sweep the regional. They are capable of beating us if we don't pitch well though, and that has been an issue lately. I think most people around the country expect us to be in Baton Rougue next week and they should.