You just got smacked son, sit down!! Nice helmet toss too ya ****ing douche

https://twitter.com/DCBarno/status/869317842688200705

vCash
    Hate that dude

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Hate that dude
    Yup and apparently so does Hunter Strickland, this shit is far from over. Strickland aint the guy you wanna fight, gonna get real interesting when Bumgarner comes back and faces Harper, guarantee he throws at him as will Strickland again.

vCash
    That was a good one! Was Harper trying to throw the helmet at the pitcher or what was that?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That was a good one! Was Harper trying to throw the helmet at the pitcher or what was that?
    Haha think he was reenacting 50 Cent's throw, Strickland popped him right after that horrible toss but Harper gets him at the end too. Best fight since Odor/Bautista

vCash
    Harper is the biggest diva in the game. BUT he can flat out smash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think he was trying to make him flinch to make him vulnerable so he could get a wide open shot, but since he waited so late to do it it ended up leaving him vulnerable instead as his body was still winding back up from the throw of the helmet. I'm no Harper fan, but I don't fault him for it. Harper had faced him twice lifetime and hit a bomb both times. Strickland has every right to beam him and Harper has every right to charge the mound. No one was hurt. Let's move on. Let's not make baseball as PC as every other sport save NHL, please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Harper is the biggest diva in the game. BUT he can flat out smash.
    Trout is better and a not a douche

Banned
    vCash
    4 Giants physically removed Strickland from the field and carried him into the clubhouse. I don't think I have ever seen that in any sport. Strickland was so mad it took 4 big ass dudes to restrain him.

vCash
    Buster Posey was ok with his pitcher fending for himself ... wonder how the locker room sees it

vCash
    My favorite is the Nolan Ryan-Robin Ventura fight. I think I saw it live on tv.

Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 05-29-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Buster Posey was ok with his pitcher fending for himself ... wonder how the locker room sees it
    Posey's shattered ankle he got 6 years ago excludes him from any brawls, they all know this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    My favorite is the Nolan Ryan-Robin Ventura fight. I think I saw it live on tv. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdyeWgsa_R8
    I was at that game with my brother. That shit was awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    4 Giants physically removed Strickland from the field and carried him into the clubhouse. I don't think I have ever seen that in any sport. Strickland was so mad it took 4 big ass dudes to restrain him.
    It was a bushleague move by Strickland. Harper hit 2 HR's off Strickland in the playoffs last seasons. Strickland plunked him for being good and getting the best of him. Strickland is the douche in my opinion.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    It was a bushleague move by Strickland. Harper hit 2 HR's off Strickland in the playoffs last seasons. Strickland plunked him for being good and getting the best of him. Strickland is the douche in my opinion.
    Haha Strickland's revenge was from the 2014 playoffs not last year. Dude has been salty towards Harper for a long time. Probably had something to do with Posey just chillen behind home plate while Harper charged. Posey wasn't gonna interrupt a 3 year long wait for revenge for Strickland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Was about to post something similar. Wouldn't like it if my catcher sat back and watched, and yes I know he has a bad ankle. He is also the reason that you can't run over the catcher anymore, even though they have their butt planted in front of home plate, with equipment on. I don't really like Harper, he is a great hitter. However, a pitcher has to realize that if he throws intentionally at someone, that could happen. Let the players police it themselves. I wish pitchers could still throw some chin music and protect the inside portion of the plate, but anytime they come inside they get the warnings. The hitters have the advantage at that point.

ETA: At least in the National League, a pitcher that throws at someone has to bat. AL pitchers can do that all they want, and not have to ever face the music.
    Last edited by IMissJack; 05-29-2017 at 07:46 PM.

vCash
    Harper def lost that fight. Credit to him for taking that pitch to the ribs, idk if I could walk after let alone fight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    My favorite is the Nolan Ryan-Robin Ventura fight. I think I saw it live on tv. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdyeWgsa_R8
    Boy there was some heat (players ) in that video.

vCash
    Posey's shattered ankle he got 6 years ago excludes him from any brawls, they all know this.
    Ok, but...this is a baseball chicken fight, not underworld free style fighting in a Thailand brothel. He just needs to slow Harper down so the infield can come and surround his pitcher

vCash
    Haha Strickland's revenge was from the 2014 playoffs not last year. Dude has been salty towards Harper for a long time. Probably had something to do with Posey just chillen behind home plate while Harper charged. Posey wasn't gonna interrupt a 3 year long wait for revenge for Strickland.

Yeah Byrnes on MLB said something similar. This was a long building feud with these two and posey knew Strickland wanted a piece of him. So he let em go at it. I don't read too much into it with how it all unfolded. Now if it was a random charge after getting hit or more of a team wide need then I'd question why posey laid out. But as is he was giving Strickland exactly what he wanted.

Of course Strickland could be as disliked in his clubhouse as Harper is and posey just didn't care to protect him, in not that familiar with Strickland.