Thread: I've been outta of it with the flu. Did Rooker win the 3 crown or no?

vCash

I've been outta of it with the flu. Did Rooker win the 3 crown or no?

Nm

vCash
    Not done

vCash
    Regionals factor in? I thought it was over at the tourney. Thanks

vCash
    counted all the way to the end.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    counted all the way to the end.
    Talk about a major flaw in the counting. This makes no sense at all. What about all the players that didn't make the tourney? They are just shit outta luck. The SEC triple crown isn't determined till the NCAA tournament is over despite every SEC game already being done. Haha did a ****ing monkey determine this

vCash
    Think about the number of games played for an SEC team that doesn't even make the SEC tournament, versus an SEC team that plays for the national championship.

vCash
    Here are the stats going into regionals. Based on the first glance at teams in each regional w/o evaluating their actual pitching stats, Rooker will likely face much better pitching in the USM Regional than either Diechman or Spanberger. We probably have to at least win our regional for Rooker to keep his lead. A deep LSU run into the CWS will make it difficult to stay ahead of Diechman. Current rules suck, but they are what they are so best bet for us is to just keep winning.

AVG Rooker .404 Todd (AUB) .385
    HR Rooker 21 Diechman (LSU) 19 Spanberger (ARK) 19
    RBI Rooker 76 Deichman (LSU) 67 Shewmake (A&M) 65 Spanberger (ARK) 64

vCash
    In my mind and many others that are not MSU fans, Rooker has won the SEC Triple Crown. The award should be given after the last game of the regular season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    In my mind and many others that are not MSU fans, Rooker has won the SEC Triple Crown. The award should be given after the last game of the regular season.
    That makes the most sense. But I suppose a potential winner has a chance to improve as well as go down if all games are considered.

vCash

I agree that it should have been awarded after the last regular season game. Over the course of a long baseball season should justify who wins the different categories.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 05-29-2017 at 05:17 PM.

vCash
    With the way it is counted Rooker WILL NOT win the Triple Crown. He will miss on HRs more than likely.

vCash
    If Rook has another like last Friday, he ain't winning it. My main hope is that he can still win the Golden Spikes Award. Several of the talking heads think its his to lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    With the way it is counted Rooker WILL NOT win the Triple Crown. He will miss on HRs more than likely.

Was Spanberger even in the running for home run leader, until his 5 home runs in the SEC Tourney? I knew Diechmann could be a factor, but I was not aware that Spanberger was. The system is definitley flawed, but it is what it is.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 05-29-2017 at 05:29 PM.

vCash
    Who knew that the Hoover Met would be the place Triple Crowns go to die. Damn place is notorious for keeping balls in the yard. Not this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    That makes the most sense. But I suppose a potential winner has a chance to improve as well as go down if all games are considered.
    Exactly, what makes sense about the possibility of a guy who is leading in all categories but loses out because his team doesn't make the post-season while some other guy is able to continue piling up HRs and RBIs with a team that does make the post-season? Nothing about that makes sense.

vCash
    I think we need more runs and hits from him. We need to at least win the Hattiesburg regional, and we won't without his bat.

As for what the award should be for, one interpretation is as good as another. Just gotta have the rules and follow them. Hope he can win it.

vCash
    They'll give it to Diechmann because he's LSU, and their deep run will allow him to get ahead in the numbers. They might win the National Championship. It'll be some bullshit.

vCash
    This article from the NCAA http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/ar...ionals-part-ii

references Rooker as already having won the SEC triple Crown. I'm gonna start calling him the winner.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    This article from the NCAA http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/ar...ionals-part-ii

references Rooker as already having won the SEC triple Crown. I'm gonna start calling him the winner.
    MLB doesn't count postseason numbers into determining who the HR, RBI, AVG winners are and the SEC shouldn't either so let's make it official. Rooker is the triple crown winner!! Congrats Rooker and I expect MSU to announce it officially or I will be very disappointed in our lack of spine. Need a ruling on this from the SEC office this week please.