Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MSU Basketball

vCash

MSU Basketball

Long way to go till season and a lot could change but I think an honest conversation is due. How do yall feel about Howland and what do yall expect from him and the team going forward? I think this is a big year for him, if we're bad again I think pressure and questions could really ramp up. He gets the benefit of the doubt though bc of his 3rd year streak he has going

vCash
    I think howland is still a good coach... happy with him. I do think although this is howland's 3rd year here, it's really his 2nd year bc there was such complete turnover after year 1. I expect NIT/bubble NCAA this season and to really have a good team next season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think howland is still a good coach... happy with him. I do think although this is howland's 3rd year here, it's really his 2nd year bc there was such complete turnover after year 1. I expect NIT/bubble NCAA this season and to really have a good team next season
    I concur

vCash
    Actually, I think we win 23+ and are in the conversation for the NCAA tournament this year. I think Tyson Carter will be a kid that makes a big jump especially if he can gain 10-15 pounds this offseason. I think we see a big jump from Peters and Q will show the type of dominance he did early last year and will inch up to the 17-18 ppg range. I think Nick Weatherspoon will be a player that gets us in position for Peters, Q, and Carter to shoot wide open threes. I think a big key will be can we have Feazel be a player who challenges Holman in practice? How good can Ado be? How much will Herard improve? We still have a lot of good pieces and experience this year to do some things. Ado and Feazel could be difference makers in the post. We will have one of the best backcourts in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think our season this year will be similar to what South Carolina had the year before last when they won 23 games or so but made the NIT. I think Q projects very similar to Sindarius Thornwell and if Q stays all four years he will have a similar senior season.

Banned
    vCash
    I am disappointed in Howland right now. He hasn't done shit since his initial splash with recruiting. He passed on Tookie which was an obvious **** up. He told Black to pack his bags and we've sucked at the 4 for two years so that was another **** up. He royally ****ed up the Newman situation when he let Malik and Horatio hold his roster hostage when it was so obvious MN was never coming back and Howland didn't sign another player to make up for that loss. He let George Brooks talk him into signing a player who was never coming here in his own damn son. The Q Spoon injury and waiting before having surgery was a total **** up. Spoon coulda had a medical redshirt but that's not happening now. Now Howland is almost in June and just lost two spots on his roster with nobody replacing those spots. I get it that maybe he wants to clear room for two HS signees he has his eyes on but there's no harm at all in signing two grad transfers with only one year left that will play immediately. Yet he can't or won't do that despite there being a ****ing ocean full of transfers available to anyone that wants one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I am disappointed in Howland right now. He hasn't done shit since his initial splash with recruiting. He passed on Tookie which was an obvious **** up. He told Black to pack his bags and we've sucked at the 4 for two years so that was another **** up. He royally ****ed up the Newman situation when he let Malik and Horatio hold his roster hostage when it was so obvious MN was never coming back and Howland didn't sign another player to make up for that loss. He let George Brooks talk him into signing a player who was never coming here in his own damn son. The Q Spoon injury and waiting before having surgery was a total **** up. Spoon coulda had a medical redshirt but that's not happening now. Now Howland is almost in June and just lost two spots on his roster with nobody replacing those spots. I get it that maybe he wants to clear room for two HS signees he has his eyes on but there's no harm at all in signing two grad transfers with only one year left that will play immediately. Yet he can't or won't do that despite there being a ****ing ocean full of transfers available to anyone that wants one.
    I trust Coach Howlands's judgement.

vCash
    I wont pretend to know about all that other stuff (not saying you dont) but I do agree the proof is on the court that we have been bad at the 4 for a long time

vCash
    I think Peters blows the roof off this year and carries us. He really took the team from Q last year just my opinion

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I trust Coach Howlands's judgement.
    Why? What has he done since being in Starkville that gives you that sense of trust because I can point to about ten things that say the exact opposite.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I think Peters blows the roof off this year and carries us. He really took the team from Q last year just my opinion
    Peters looked awesome till he cut his hair. Then he looked like dog shit. Apparently all of his confidence was stored in his high top.

vCash
    Peters looked awesome till he cut his hair. Then he looked like dog shit. Apparently all of his confidence was stored in his high top.
    Basketball version of Sampson

vCash
    True, but still. I know Q got hurt and that may have a lot to do with it, but he just doesnt seem like a killer to me. His give a shit isnt always there either

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    True, but still. I know Q got hurt and that may have a lot to do with it, but he just doesnt seem like a killer to me. His give a shit isnt always there either
    Q was a liability once he hurt his wrist but hopefully the surgery will fix that

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Recruiting for this cycle is absolutely awful right now. He better win this year. If they are not a nit team with legit NCAA buble conversation then I'm gonna be very disappointed. Two of the top recruits in the "great class" are leaving. I'm still confident though bc I think peters Lil spoon, and ado are gonna do big things however we better start seeing progress in a hurry.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Why? What has he done since being in Starkville that gives you that sense of trust because I can point to about ten things that say the exact opposite.
    Because he coached UCLA for years and you didn't.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Because he coached UCLA for years and you didn't.
    This mindset is exactly how Germany turned into a bunch of Nazis bruh

vCash
    This mindset is exactly how Germany turned into a bunch of Nazis bruh

Banned
    vCash

vCash
    Jury still out for me. Can't say I'm overly impressed to this point. But who knows.....perhaps we will see a step forward this season.