Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: MSU Basketball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Ado is 6'11 and 240. I am not sure that is a bean pole but he should be able to bang with the best of them.
    That 240 sounds generous. I mean just going off the eye test numerous times last year, he looks skinny AF to me and I don't see him being a banger. I could be wrong. Time will tell
    my cowbell is louder than yours

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
    That 240 sounds generous. I mean just going off the eye test numerous times last year, he looks skinny AF to me and I don't see him being a banger. I could be wrong. Time will tell
    You confusing Ado with Holman?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    You confusing Ado with Holman?
    No. The tall skinny kid in street clothes each game
    my cowbell is louder than yours

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
    No. The tall skinny kid in street clothes each game
    Doesn't look skinny to me

vCash
    You said it Dawg61. He is no bean pole...

vCash
    Absolutely can't miss on Woodard and Fleming, especially Woodard. I truly expect us to be a tournament team this coming season, anything less would be uncivilized.

vCash
    Was thinking the same myself. If we can somehow have a 9-10 man rotation that would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Cutting down on rotation could be a good thing. Good point

vCash
    Eyes are on Herard now, actually thought he would transfer as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by headcoach98 View Post
    Eyes are on Herard now, actually thought he would transfer as well.
    What? Haven't heard that one bit and it doesn't make sense.

vCash
    If Herard transfers, we are in deep shit. We don't need anymore transfers. The transfer train should be over.

vCash
    All we heard last year was how physical Ado was and how his tenacity had helped Herard and Holman. Ado is the big Man we have been waiting for. Along with Dacher, Herard and Holman we should be in good shape. Let the players that are cry babies transfer, we still have plenty of talent with more coming. All you need is a 8-9 man rotation. We are going to have two all SEC potential PGs. We have Q. We have X who is a Havlicek type player. We have Carter who can fill the Mfing hoop up. That's nine players who can ball. Shit , can we get a little more positive. Screw Mario and Eli-maybe they see the handwriting on the wall.

Banned
    vCash
    If Herard transfers, we are in deep shit. We don't need anymore transfers. The transfer train should be over.
    Howland is more likely to transfer and play beach volleyball than Herard transferring

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    All we heard last year was how physical Ado was and how his tenacity had helped Herard and Holman. Ado is the big Man we have been waiting for. Along with Dacher, Herard and Holman we should be in good shape. Let the players that are cry babies transfer, we still have plenty of talent with more coming. All you need is a 8-9 man rotation. We are going to have two all SEC potential PGs. We have Q. We have X who is a Havlicek type player. We have Carter who can fill the Mfing hoop up. That's nine players who can ball. Shit , can we get a little more positive. Screw Mario and Eli-maybe they see the handwriting on the wall.
    I don't blame Eli for transferring. With Tyson's development, he wasn't going to get meaningful minutes next year. I do have a problem with Kegler transferring because it is so ****ing stupid that a kid who started every game and even started half the season at the position he wanted to play transfers out. What is his excuse? We were using him wrong? That is the dumbest cheapest excuse to transfer I have ever heard.

vCash
    I think our best lineup will end up being the below and this will probably be who we start by SEC season:

PG: Nick Weatherspoon
    SG: Tyson Carter
    3G: Q Weatherspoon
    S4: Aric Holman
    C: Abdul Ado

With Peters, Stapleton and Herard getting a heck of a lot minutes off the bench and Datcher and Feazell playing spot up minutes or when needed when our bigs are in foul trouble.

We probably start this lineup to begin the season:

PG: Peters
    SG: Q Weatherspoon
    SF: Xavian Stapleton
    S4: Aric Holman
    C: Abdul Ado

With Nick Weatherspoon, Tyson Carter, and Herard getting a lot of minutes off the bench with Datcher and Feazell getting spot up minutes or minutes when our bigs get in foul trouble.

Either way, I like our lineup and rotation. There is a lot of potential there and most importantly experience.
    I know Weatherspoon is highly rated, but Peters was pretty highly rated also. I don't think Weatherspoon is going to take Peters spot as a true freshman. If he balls out, we'll end up playing both on the court at the same time for a good chunk of minutes.

I am guessing we start with:

Peters
    Q
    X
    Holman
    Herard.

Then you have young weatherspoon and carter off the bench for the perimeter and I guess Ado and Datcher for the post. I'm guessing X will play a good bit at the four also to go small and free up minutes for our perimter players. So we end up with essentially a core 8 man rotation, with Datcher being the 9th and getting more or fewer minutes depending on how often we go small versus how often we go big.

This all assumes that Ado is immediately ready, which based on rumors, he will be and could threaten Herard to start, but I'm not sure if that's real or hype.

vCash
    If Ado is ready, you start him. Having him and Holman in at the same time basically means teams won't be able to dribble penetrate us for layups. If Ado fixes that, this is a tournament team. Ado and Holman could be one of the best one two shot blocking combos in the conference.

vCash
    I don't blame Eli for transferring. With Tyson's development, he wasn't going to get meaningful minutes next year. I do have a problem with Kegler transferring because it is so ****ing stupid that a kid who started every game and even started half the season at the position he wanted to play transfers out. What is his excuse? We were using him wrong? That is the dumbest cheapest excuse to transfer I have ever heard.

Maybe Omhar has not been satisfied with the way things have been going at MSU. Players under his tutledge, guardianship, training or whatever you want to call it, have been known for transferring. Mario transferred from Callaway High School to the school in FL. So, it may not have even been Mario's call on this one.

vCash
    I think people are too quick to put Herard on the bench. He was obviously up and down last year, but during that stretch when he really elevated his play, he was a force and you could tell there was potential for a lot more. I hope Ado is an absolute beast, and I have no idea who will start or get the majority of minutes, but Herard has a chance to be special.

vCash
    You said it Dawg61. He is no bean pole...

Agree. Now Eric Dampier was tall and skinny his Freshman year, but Ado is not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I think people are too quick to put Herard on the bench. He was obviously up and down last year, but during that stretch when he really elevated his play, he was a force and you could tell there was potential for a lot more. I hope Ado is an absolute beast, and I have no idea who will start or get the majority of minutes, but Herard has a chance to be special.
    Oh I agree Herard has amazing potential. He willed us to a win over A&M and outplayed Tyler Davis that game.

Banned
    vCash
    Oh I agree Herard has amazing potential. He willed us to a win over A&M and outplayed Tyler Davis that game.
    Holman and Herard really have two very different games. Holman is the better skilled player but he tends to gravitate away from the basket while Herard is the bigger more physical presence that tends to gravitate towards the basket. I am interested to see what Ado & Herard look like on defense together. Points in the paint will be difficult for other teams with those two big dudes down there.