Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MSU Basketball

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Long way to go till season and a lot could change but I think an honest conversation is due. How do yall feel about Howland and what do yall expect from him and the team going forward? I think this is a big year for him, if we're bad again I think pressure and questions could really ramp up. He gets the benefit of the doubt though bc of his 3rd year streak he has going
    NCAA bubble team is the minimum expectation. That seems to be the consensus. Adding Ado to the 4-spot to do the garbage work on the boards and on defense should be the catalyst. Q at the 3 along with Peters and little Spoon might be the best back court in the SEC. Just need to shore up the low post which should happen with Ado.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I like Boise State
    So...

vCash
    I think Tyson Carter will be the X-factor for this team. As stated if he puts on 10-15 pounds this off season to get to 175 or so, he will be a bad ass guard for us. He is a kid who can score 20+ any given night and is a big reason why Eli Wright transfered. He will improve tremendously on the defensive end as well with some added weight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I think Tyson Carter will be the X-factor for this team. As stated if he puts on 10-15 pounds this off season to get to 175 or so, he will be a bad ass guard for us. He is a kid who can score 20+ any given night and is a big reason why Eli Wright transfered. He will improve tremendously on the defensive end as well with some added weight.
    I like carter myself. I think he's gonna shoot the lights out the next 3 years

vCash
    I would hope that Ben would figure a way to use a Zone defense from time to time. Our ability to stop dribble penetration has really hurt us. I think the addition on Nick and Ado will be the missing pieces of the puzzle. I am not worried about Kegler or Wright, all them leaving means that someone else gets their minutes. An 8 man rotation might be the best thing rather than trying to keep,the prima donnas happy with their minutes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    I would hope that Ben would figure a way to use a Zone defense from time to time. Our ability to stop dribble penetration has really hurt us. I think the addition on Nick and Ado will be the missing pieces of the puzzle. I am not worried about Kegler or Wright, all them leaving means that someone else gets their minutes. An 8 man rotation might be the best thing rather than trying to keep,the prima donnas happy with their minutes.
    Cutting down on rotation could be a good thing. Good point

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I like carter myself. I think he's gonna shoot the lights out the next 3 years
    I think our best lineup will end up being the below and this will probably be who we start by SEC season:

PG: Nick Weatherspoon
    SG: Tyson Carter
    3G: Q Weatherspoon
    S4: Aric Holman
    C: Abdul Ado

With Peters, Stapleton and Herard getting a heck of a lot minutes off the bench and Datcher and Feazell playing spot up minutes or when needed when our bigs are in foul trouble.

We probably start this lineup to begin the season:

PG: Peters
    SG: Q Weatherspoon
    SF: Xavian Stapleton

With Nick Weatherspoon, Tyson Carter, and Herard getting a lot of minutes off the bench with Datcher and Feazell getting spot up minutes or minutes when our bigs get in foul trouble.

Either way, I like our lineup and rotation. There is a lot of potential there and most importantly experience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I think our best lineup will end up being the below and this will probably be who we start by SEC season:

PG: Nick Weatherspoon
    SG: Tyson Carter
    3G: Q Weatherspoon

With Peters, Stapleton and Herard getting a heck of a lot minutes off the bench and Datcher and Feazell playing spot up minutes or when needed when our bigs are in foul trouble.

We probably start this lineup to begin the season:

PG: Peters
    SG: Q Weatherspoon
    SF: Xavian Stapleton

With Nick Weatherspoon, Tyson Carter, and Herard getting a lot of minutes off the bench with Datcher and Feazell getting spot up minutes or minutes when our bigs get in foul trouble.

Either way, I like our lineup and rotation. There is a lot of potential there and most importantly experience.
    I agree for most part... still wanna see ado before I put him above herard

Banned
    vCash
    PG: TeaSpoon
    SG: Carter
    SF: TableSpoon
    PF: Ado
    C: Herard

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    PG: TeaSpoon
    SG: Carter
    SF: TableSpoon
    PF: Ado
    C: Herard
    I like it, but doesn't howland like a 3-pt shooter at the 4... not necessarily a good one (Holman)

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I like it, but doesn't howland like a 3-pt shooter at the 4... not necessarily a good one (Holman)
    Correct. Holman should start at the 4. The 5 will be a battle between Ado and Herard. Ado is a true shot blocking Center.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Ado and Holman patrolling the paint will stop a ton of the penetration.

Banned
    vCash
    He does but I think we have a big advantage down low defensively with Ado & Herard both playing. Herard is a beast. If he could just learn to not fumble the ball. We have plenty of scoring/shooters with Tyson and the 2 Spoons we really don't need a bad shooting 4 jacking shots while simultaneously taking away a good offensive rebounding option.

vCash
    I like X coming off the bench. He brings instant energy. Plus he should have all the rust off and be stronger and wiser to the ways of the SEC. We have plenty of talent even if we lose Eli and Mario.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I feel great about Howland and expect great things going forward.

This thread cracks me up.
    Exactly.
    my cowbell is louder than yours

Banned
    vCash
    Paging IYOK,

who is Howland targeting by freeing up the Wright & Kegler spots?

vCash
    I hope I'm wrong but I see Ado being a little disappointing. Dude is a bean pole
    my cowbell is louder than yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I like Boise State
    Lol. I do too!!!! I've always loved watching them play!

vCash
    My thoughts on Howland..... Since he's been here, we have not been worth a crap. We were not worth a crap before he got here either.

If we become worth a crap, then I'll acknowledge that he's worth a crap.

These thoughts are based on my knowledge of the sport of basketball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
    I hope I'm wrong but I see Ado being a little disappointing. Dude is a bean pole
    Ado is 6'11 and 240. I am not sure that is a bean pole but he should be able to bang with the best of them.