Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Regional Projections for MSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yep. He's no better than vansau, right?
    He's not hitting better than him. And yet you're scared shitless of him. Pathetic.

Keep arguing just to argue.

We're not as consistent as Ole Miss.....oh wait.

We'll never be as good as LSU.

We'll never sign anybody past the MLB draft or get anybody back for their senior year because how could anyone turn down all that money? Even though Ole Miss has done it.** I don't care if it hurts MSU and recruits parents see it I've gotta win the argument because I'm Mr. Rational msstate7!*******

We'll never get Seth Ruth Griffey, Jr. Beer out!

I'm tired of your shit. Get your wife back on line and shut the **** up or go sit in a corner.

vCash
    And back to our productive information...

D1Baseball has us projected to Hattiesburg with USM, MSU, Iowa, and the University of Maryland Baltimore County in order from 1-4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He's not hitting better than him. And yet you're scared shitless of him. Pathetic.

Keep arguing just to argue.

We're not as consistent as Ole Miss.....oh wait.

We'll never be as good as LSU.

We'll never sign anybody past the MLB draft or get anybody back for their senior year because how could anyone turn down all that money? Even though Ole Miss has done it.** I don't care if it hurts MSU and recruits parents see it I've gotta win the argument because I'm Mr. Rational msstate7!*******

We'll never get Seth Ruth Griffey, Jr. Beer out!

I'm tired of your shit. Get your wife back on line and shut the **** up or go sit in a corner.
    Good grief. I've got you rustled, don't I? Fine Todd, yeah we bout to win a natty... no one could possibly derail our fine-tuned machine we have rolling.

Oh and lol @ recruits' parents making decisions about their kids' future based on my posts. You give me way too much credit.

vCash

D1Baseball has us projected to Hattiesburg with USM, MSU, Iowa, and the University of Maryland Baltimore County in order from 1-4.
    I like this regional ... my only concern is the Hattiesburg weather next 10 days, lots of rain by Friday. With our pitching staff, I hate long delays and games split into different days.

We'll need the opinion of a real weather man though, not some damn engineer

vCash

Much better draw than an ACC team. We actually could win this regional

vCash
    D1baseball's final projection has us in Hattiesburg as well, with Iowa and a team I'm not familiar with

https://d1baseball.com/postseason/fi...64-projection/

vCash
    What national seed is the usm regional paired with on BA?

vCash
    What national seed is the usm regional paired with on BA?
    North Carolina #2 National Seed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    D1baseball's final projection has us in Hattiesburg as well, with Iowa and a team I'm not familiar with

I like that draw. Iowa ace isn't a strike out guy at all.

vCash
    North Carolina #2 National Seed
    Ugh... I'll be happy (ecstatic really) with a SR team this year though

vCash

Iowa has an RPI in the 80s. Very weak for a 3-seed. I'd be OK that.

vCash
    Good grief. I've got you rustled, don't I? Fine Todd, yeah we bout to win a natty... no one could possibly derail our fine-tuned machine we have rolling.

Oh and lol @ recruits' parents making decisions about their kids' future based on my posts. You give me way too much credit.
    It's not about that- it's about changing the attitudes of our fans in general.

Here's the difference between our fans and LSU.

Our fans- "Well, it would be silly to turn down that money and opportunity from MLB. You might regret not taking it." This despite stats showing that your chances of making it to MLB and therefore making even more money increase if you come to school. This despite the changing every year culture where more and more players are choosing to go to college and NOT regretting it. Players coming back to LSU and not regretting the whatever SMALL financial hit to win a championship which is something that every competitor wants to do and gets much, much, much more out of. Not to mention the opportunity to get degrees. Heck- even MLB is starting to slowly make the system to where high school players are almost ENCOURAGED to go to school because they know the same stats that I do. And yet- we have fans that are still stuck in the Ron Polk draft era of thinking when it hasn't been that way for 15 years or more. And even worse using the system as an excuse for why we can't instead of why not us?

And now LSU fan to me on Twitter yesterday:

"Those players didn't come to LSU because of Manieri or Cann. They came because it's LSU."

Now is that rational or true? No- because if it was we wouldn't have flipped Tanner Allen from LSU after we hired Cann. But it's a hell of a lot better attitude to have than we can't/won't/never will. It's not your ONE post that influences it. It's others that read it and might agree with it and then spread it out around and eventually it gets out to recruits. It has been a problem for YEARS.

If we're going to win like we all want to- we're going to have to start being more proud of MSU baseball and what we DO HAVE- which is a lot better than most and getting better believe it or not- and change our attitude about our program. And not worrying so much about how "rational" we look to other fan bases that don't have our best interests at heart.

Or even worse- trying to be "rational" to debate just to debate even though it has even the slightest potential to hurt MSU so that we can win an "internet argument".
    Last edited by Todd4State; 05-29-2017 at 12:24 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I like this regional ... my only concern is the Hattiesburg weather next 10 days, lots of rain by Friday. With our pitching staff, I hate long delays and games split into different days.

We'll need the opinion of a real weather man though, not some damn engineer
    I'm fine with it. I hate that we have to go to Hattiesburg but we didn't take care of business. I don't know what the weather will do and you are right it could be a disadvantage for us- but if games get delayed and spread out it also may actually allow some of our pitchers to rest too. It just depends on when the delays happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Iowa has an RPI in the 80s. Very weak for a 3-seed. I'd be OK that.
    If this was the actual draw, I roll the dice and start Cole game 1 vs Iowa

vCash

UMBC = University of Maryland Baltimore County. They won the American East Tournament.

vCash
    Baseball America has USM matched with N. Carolina and D1 has USM matched with LSU, neither very attractive Hopefully the NCAA does something different.

Banned
    vCash

University Maryland Baltimore County, please give us these ****ers. Only 3rd time making the tournament in the 50 years they have had baseball. Finished the year with a record of 23-23.

vCash
    It's a useless cause Todd. Msstate7 takes the opposite position of MSU in every sport whether it's football, basketball, or baseball. His attitude is we suck and our opponents are the next coming of the New England Patriots, the Jordan led Bulls or the New York Yankees. It's his schtick.

vCash
    I'm wondering if I should get in this conversation****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    It's a useless cause Todd. Msstate7 takes the opposite position of MSU in every sport whether it's football, basketball, or baseball. His attitude is we suck and our opponents are the next coming of the New England Patriots, the Jordan led Bulls or the New York Yankees. It's his schtick.
    When we deserve credit, I give it. Contrary to you and todd's view of us as an MLB team about to play a bunch of high schoolers, I realize we're limping into postseason. We have 6 pitchers that we plan on using and to tell the truth, only 2 of those instill confidence in me. Our team era is just under 5!!!! We can't solve our lineup... right now we have a guy with a great hit tool, but no patience or pop behind the nation's best hitter. No way teams let rooker hurt them with mangum on deck. The bottom of our order still kills rallies.

Now I do think we can win the usm regional, but I want no part of clemson's 3.53 team era and Seth beer. Sure Clemson is reeling, but so are we... we were fighting for a national seed 2 weeks ago.

I really hope you two are right and we're about to win a natty with dominance baseball hasn't seen since the '27 Yankees. If that dominance doesn't materialize though, it'll be the umps' fault like it always is, right marketing?