Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Regional Projections for MSU

vCash

Regional Projections for MSU

Thought we could start a thread where we can post Regional projections as they come out or are updated. Feel free to add to the list or comment on where you think we end up. I'm looking forward to seeing where we go and how well we compete

Here's one that has us as a 2 seed in Clemson

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...l/bracketology

vCash
    Clemson has been on a near auburn like free fall so I'm good with that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Clemson has been on a near auburn like free fall so I'm good with that
    Yea, I love it so much that it won't happen. Ha

I just don't want to have to go out West, so I feel like we'll definitely be going out West

ETA: Clemson has lost 11 of their last 16
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 05-28-2017 at 11:08 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Yea, I love it so much that it won't happen. Ha

I just don't want to have to go out West, so I feel like we'll definitely be going out West

Agree CD. If OM makes it in then they need to see the Pacific Ocean.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Agree CD. If OM makes it in then they need to see the Pacific Ocean.
    Every projection lately has them as a 3 seed in Hattiesburg or an ACC Regional. But I agree with you

vCash
    They have Mississippi at USM, I would be surprised if Mississippi gets an invite. I hope we get that spot, easy travel, tremendous home advantage. Games that we don't play USM we will fill it up, and when we play the Buzzards, I bet we are 50% or more of the crowd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    They have Mississippi at USM, I would be surprised if Mississippi gets an invite. I hope we get that spot, easy travel, tremendous home advantage. Games that we don't play USM we will fill it up, and when we play the Buzzards, I bet we are 50% or more of the crowd.
    I would love to see MSU play in the berg.... I would travel along with many others from this area.... Lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$'s possible with this Regional Site for the College and town... Sure hope we can keep the money in state.....

vCash
    Total guess, but I think we end up at an ACC or a Texas regional. But hoping for Clemson or USM.

vCash
    History says an ACC location.

#2 at Wake Forest

Hattiesburg makes too much sense.

vCash
    I'm going to guess that we end up in Hattiesburg based on their RPI and ours.

vCash
    Kendall Rogers just said on Twitter that he could see us in Hattiesburg as the 2 seed.

vCash
    Although it would be great for our fans and the State of Mississippi, I think Usm is as hot as anyone, not sure of my confidence level playing them again. I kinda would like to see us go somewhere else and play some unknowns. That's just me. Actually playing in any regional is a plus!

vCash
    How do y'all feel about a LSU trip if we survive round-1? Canniflex vs Mangina
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 05-28-2017 at 01:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Although it would be great for our fans and the State of Mississippi, I think Usm is as hot as anyone, not sure of my confidence level playing them again. I kinda would like to see us go somewhere else and play some unknowns. That's just me. Actually playing in any regional is a plus!
    I'd kind of like to play them again with Mangum healthy. We're a much better team now than we were when we played them and were 12-9 coming off of getting swept by Arkansas. I think we're playing pretty well ourselves- the reason we lost out and got blown out in the SEC Tournament was simply because we ran out of pitching. We were beating Florida for most of the game and normally we would have won that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    How do y'all feel about a LSU trip if we survive round-1? Canniflex vs Mangina
    If that's who we have to play, that's who we have to play. If you are going to make it to Omaha you have to beat someone good more often than not. I think what I would do if that happened I would not release our rotation for that SR and then start McQuary and hold back Self unless we have a lead in the ninth against Lange and then start Pilkington against Poche and hope for the best. And then come back with Gordon for game three.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Hopefully we would bring a good presence and neutralize the home field advantage some

vCash
    I wouldnt mind playing hattiesburg. If anything it helps us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    History says an ACC location.

#2 at Wake Forest

Hattiesburg makes too much sense.
    Please no Wake Forrest. Tgere field is tiny and everyone we have will be swinging for the fences...

vCash
    My hope is that USM gets a National Seed and that we go there and of course win. And then if the number 2 seed or lower- preferably lower because it guarantees us a SR- in the opposite regional wins we can potentially host a SR.

vCash

That would mean two more shellackings......

NT
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)