Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paul Manieri

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If lsu doesn't win a natty and probably even if they do, freeman and Robertson will regret that decision financially over the next year years.
    I doubt it. There's more to life than money. They're going to be fine financially even without their "life changing" 250K that they would have gotten as juniors. I made that over the course of my first five years of my "real" job which is about as much time as they'll be in the minors anyway making about 1K a month.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I doubt it. There's more to life than money. They're going to be fine financially even without their "life changing" 250K that they would have gotten as juniors. I made that over the course of my first five years of my "real" job which is about as much time as they'll be in the minors anyway making about 1K a month.
    250k isn't life changing... never said it was, but it'll kick the crap out of what they get this time, no?

vCash
    Tyreque Reed.

Obviously Cann inherited this class pretty much and per Manieri they had a verbal agreement that Cann wouldn't take any of their recruits. Allen de-committed and then committed to us on his own.

It's not the recruits this year- it's the ones in the coming classes. Guys like Basiel Williams and Cole Winn from Colorado.
    Agreed. Reed would have gone to LSU if Cann were there.

vCash
    So what Mangina said was they wanted to keep their hitting approach the same, correct? If that is correct, then Cann had a huge impact on their hitting. Cann was not only their hitting coach but also the recruiting coordinator which means for the last two years or so he was in charge of replenishing their talent. They had to get two people to replace what Cann did which speaks for itself. I love the argument the LSU douche got into with you Todd which showed just how out of their way they wanted to minimize what Cann did for them. Cann, a coach that 99% of their fans wanted to take over for Mangina when he retires. I hope like hell that when Mangina is fired which will be soon Cann gives them the bird when they crawl to him to ask if he has interest and we will have celebrated our first national title in college baseball. I really love what Cann brings and I am excited about the future of our program. We have a coach who is a great baseball mind, great motivator, great recruiter, and is an awesome player's coach. He is the complete package.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    250k isn't life changing... never said it was, but it'll kick the crap out of what they get this time, no?
    Not really because they'll have a championship, will still get to play pro ball and when they're done they're going to make about the same amount of money if not more because they will have LSU baseball on their resume which in Louisiana will get them a six figure job pretty easily.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    So what Mangina said was they wanted to keep their hitting approach the same, correct? If that is correct, then Cann had a huge impact on their hitting. Cann was not only their hitting coach but also the recruiting coordinator which means for the last two years or so he was in charge of replenishing their talent. They had to get two people to replace what Cann did which speaks for itself. I love the argument the LSU douche got into with you Todd which showed just how out of their way they wanted to minimize what Cann did for them. Cann, a coach that 99% of their fans wanted to take over for Mangina when he retires. I hope like hell that when Mangina is fired which will be soon Cann gives them the bird when they crawl to him to ask if he has interest and we will have celebrated our first national title in college baseball. I really love what Cann brings and I am excited about the future of our program. We have a coach who is a great baseball mind, great motivator, great recruiter, and is an awesome player's coach. He is the complete package.
    That guy played at LSU under Manieri. It's pretty funny that the guy told me that Cann had "nothing to do with bringing in the players on the current team" and then one of their own fans corrected him. He also claimed that Javi Sanchez wasn't fired at LSU which is pretty hilarious too since the press release said he "left to pursue other professional opportunities."

Fortunately I have a lot of experience dealing with Ole Miss fans and no one lies and spins crap like they do.

vCash
    That guy played at LSU under Manieri. It's pretty funny that the guy told me that Cann had "nothing to do with bringing in the players on the current team" and then one of their own fans corrected him. He also claimed that Javi Sanchez wasn't fired at LSU which is pretty hilarious too since the press release said he "left to pursue other professional opportunities."

Fortunately I have a lot of experience dealing with Ole Miss fans and no one lies and spins crap like they do.
    Tell it!