Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paul Manieri

vCash
    Yeah, I don't see what makes him so great. He throws a childish hissy every time things don't go his way. He just doesn't strike me as a guy I could respect.

He's doing something right.

vCash
    Easiest place to in the country to win a natty when you factor in TOPS, and he has one in over a decade. He is good, but no beyter than three or four others in this league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Imagine having this record and still acting like a whiny pvssy bitch everyday of your life
    All or nothing is what that record shows.

vCash
    I talked to a LSU parent and let me just say the LSU players respect their head coach but love Cann and couldn't wait to talk to him after the series with us was over. We need to be patient. Coach Cannizaro is going to win big.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHildreth3 View Post
    I talked to a LSU parent and let me just say the LSU players respect their head coach but love Cann and couldn't wait to talk to him after the series with us was over. We need to be patient. Coach Cannizaro is going to win big.
    You are correct, sir!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHildreth3 View Post
    Normally any coach gets a pass in year one because of the way the recruiting cycle falls. Cann should get a pass next year too because of when he was hired. We should be pretty good anyway- like this year. Next year we're going to be on the road a lot but our pitching should be better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Makes me laugh, but he must be great in the locker room. He did not invent LSU baseball but he hasn't ruined it either.
    LSU is going to get the best players in Louisiana no matter who the coach is. But sort of like Mississippi they still need to recruit out of state some to be an elite program- Lange, Walker, Robertson, and Papierski among others. That's why he needs an elite level recruiter like Cann to identify and get those players there and also to make sure that they properly identify the best in state players so they won't end up like Smoke Laval.

vCash
    What a bitch...which we already knew. But now he's being as classless and O'Sullivan...wonder if they're competing for that title as well

vCash
    Interestingly enough, manieri and lsu won the sec the year before Cann got there ('13) and the year he left ('17) with none in between. In no way am I saying lsu is better off without him bc that's ridiculous, but let's not act like manieri's success was just bc of Cann.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Interestingly enough, manieri and lsu won the sec the year before Cann got there ('13) and the year he left ('17) with none in between. In no way am I saying lsu is better off without him bc that's ridiculous, but let's not act like manieri's success was just bc of Cann.
    Cann actually got there in 2015. No one is saying that LSU is or was successful only because of Cannizaro. But that championship that you are referring to this year doesn't happen if Cann wasn't able to get those four senior players back. A lot of LSU fans don't like Manieri because he isn't winning at the level that Bertman was. They probably never will- but that's besides the point. Manieri knows that he needs someone like Cannizaro that can recruit AND coach hitting at a high level to even give them a chance to get back to that. That was the problem with Javi Sanchez- he could recruit but he wasn't considered a very good hitting coach.

I think Manieri knew that with Cannizaro there was a very good chance that he would get LSU close to where they were- he was just starting to get his first cycle of players in- and Manieri was going to take credit for that. Cann gave LSU a tremendous recruiting advantage with his abilities to evaluate talent and also with his scouting connections. Now Manieri has lost that- and on top of that Cann is at one of LSU's biggest baseball rivals and may be a threat to take his pitching coach one day.

In other words- instead of Manieri getting a statue built in front of Alex Box he's going to have to worry about us kicking their ass and have to listen to their fans bitch until his contract runs out in 2024. And don't be surprised with Cann's NOLA connections if he is able to get a few recruits from Louisiana for us that are LSU level like Basiel Williams from Ponchatoula. If Cann is able to go to Louisiana and is able to start taking a recruit or two a year from them- it will hurt. Not many SEC schools can do that to LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Cann actually got there in 2015. No one is saying that LSU is or was successful only because of Cannizaro. But that championship that you are referring to this year doesn't happen if Cann wasn't able to get those four senior players back. A lot of LSU fans don't like Manieri because he isn't winning at the level that Bertman was. They probably never will- but that's besides the point. Manieri knows that he needs someone like Cannizaro that can recruit AND coach hitting at a high level to even give them a chance to get back to that. That was the problem with Javi Sanchez- he could recruit but he wasn't considered a very good hitting coach.

I think Manieri knew that with Cannizaro there was a very good chance that he would get LSU close to where they were- he was just starting to get his first cycle of players in- and Manieri was going to take credit for that. Cann gave LSU a tremendous recruiting advantage with his abilities to evaluate talent and also with his scouting connections. Now Manieri has lost that- and on top of that Cann is at one of LSU's biggest baseball rivals and may be a threat to take his pitching coach one day.

In other words- instead of Manieri getting a statue built in front of Alex Box he's going to have to worry about us kicking their ass and have to listen to their fans bitch until his contract runs out in 2024. And don't be surprised with Cann's NOLA connections if he is able to get a few recruits from Louisiana for us that are LSU level like Basiel Williams from Ponchatoula. If Cann is able to go to Louisiana and is able to start taking a recruit or two a year from them- it will hurt. Not many SEC schools can do that to LSU.
    Nail on head, Todd! We about to start getting some players that would have otherwise gone to lsu. Don't be surprised if manieri bitching about Cann "poaching" his recruits doesn't reach a fever pitch in the next 6 months. It's gonna be fun to watch that little turd manieri whine and bitch about losing some recruits to the "coach who left in November" I can't wait!

vCash
    Manieri better hope he makes the CWS this year and doesn't choke. If they don't make the CWS this year, my prediction is Manieri is gone within two years.

vCash
    For once, we agree haha
    Well, I've agreed with you more than once ... this may be 3rd or 4th time *****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Schmedlap View Post
    Come on mane, Can was only there two years,right?
    I think Cann took a LOT of pressure off of Manieri as far as recruiting and retaining players. Manieri is a damn good coach, but assistants like Cann pick up a lot of slack. As pissy as Manieri is, I can certainly see why he'd be holding a grudge because now he'll have to work a little harder.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    Give Cann a little time and that rivalry will be legit.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Nail on head, Todd! We about to start getting some players that would have otherwise gone to lsu. Don't be surprised if manieri bitching about Cann "poaching" his recruits doesn't reach a fever pitch in the next 6 months. It's gonna be fun to watch that little turd manieri whine and bitch about losing some recruits to the "coach who left in November" I can't wait!
    Who have we gotten, as a result of Cann, other that Tanner Allen that would've gone to LSU? (Serious question)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Give Cann a little time and that rivalry will be legit.
    Imagine the LSU team this year if all those SR's had not come back. And most of them came back probably with Andy telling them it wouldn't hurt their draft stock. Totally different team without Lange an Poche', Kramer's Mom, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    Imagine the LSU team this year if all those SR's had not come back. And most of them came back probably with Andy telling them it wouldn't hurt their draft stock. Totally different team without Lange an Poche', Kramer's Mom, etc.
    If lsu doesn't win a natty and probably even if they do, freeman and Robertson will regret that decision financially over the next year years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Who have we gotten, as a result of Cann, other that Tanner Allen that would've gone to LSU? (Serious question)
    Tyreque Reed.

Obviously Cann inherited this class pretty much and per Manieri they had a verbal agreement that Cann wouldn't take any of their recruits. Allen de-committed and then committed to us on his own.

It's not the recruits this year- it's the ones in the coming classes. Guys like Basiel Williams and Cole Winn from Colorado.