Thread: greatest war movie line

vCash

greatest war movie line

Mine "Charlie don't surf". Heck even the clash made a song about it.

vCash
    Same movie and character but I will go with I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

Banned
    vCash
    Your not a soldier. Just a grocery clerk whose come to collect the bill.

vCash
    My favorite quote from "The longest day"

Pvt. Clough: There it is, he's at it again! Have you ever heard such a racket in all your life?

Private Flanagan: Yeah, it takes an Irishman to play the pipes.

vCash
    #1 "What is your major malfunction numb nutts? Did mommy and daddy not love you enough as a child?"

#1A - "Maj. Demming: I think that I would rather live in the rottenest pig sty in Tennessee or Alabama than the fanciest mansion in all of Georgia. How about that?
    Will Stockdale: Well, sir... I think where you wanna live is your business.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Srt201 View Post
    My favorite quote from "The longest day"

Pvt. Clough: There it is, he's at it again! Have you ever heard such a racket in all your life?

Private Flanagan: Yeah, it takes an Irishman to play the pipes.
    I'll go with this one........although it REALLY takes an Irishman with Scots/Hebridean blood to play the pipes.

Banned
    vCash
    Any number of quotes from gunny in full Metal Jacket

vCash
    It's time to separate the men from the boys

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    I can't do just one.

James Coburn in The Great Escape, hanging out while Charles Bronson pretends to shower to hide a tunnel entrance, responding to a German guard's accusatory questions, delivered in a great deadpan:

"I'm watching him. I'm a lifeguard."

Kirk Douglas in Paths of Glory talking to a General who both allowed three of Douglas' men to be executed and offered Douglas his newly fired commanding officer's job:

Colonel Dax: Sir, would you like me to suggest what you can do with that promotion?

General Broulard: Colonel Dax! You will apologize at once or I shall have you placed under arrest!

Colonel Dax: I apologize for not being entirely honest with you. I apologize for not revealing my true feelings. I apologize, sir, for not telling you sooner that you're a degenerate, sadistic old man, and you can go to hell before I apologize to you now or ever again!

Pick your poison from Dr. Strangelove:

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!"

"Mr. President, we must not allow a mineshaft gap!"

https://youtu.be/RZ9B7owHxMQ

And I guess this is as much a historical quote as a movie quote, but it's too good to leave out:

https://youtu.be/NDAWaYu-YCo