Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can the baseball gurus give us a complete breakdown of in-coming players and...

vCash
    Gridley won't be back he's a 6-8 round guy right now. Unless he comes from money. It's either sign for 200k or get 5-20k next year. He's also not likely to improve his stock by coming back. I hope I am wrong but I don't see it.

I hate the MLB draft because it literally punishes seniors because they have zero leverage. I wish MLB would set slot minimums for picks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    If Grids stays, why not move Bragg to first?
    Please no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Here's my synopsis in depth chart form which will change a lot and is probably way off:

Closer- Padgett
    Set-up- Self
    Set-up- Price
    Relief- Smith
    Relief- Rigby
    Relief- Small

Ace- Pilkington
    Saturday- Gordon
    Sunday- Ashcraft
    Midweek- McQuary

C- Skelton
    C- Gilbert

1B- Lovell
    2B- Stovall
    3B- LA
    SS- Gridley

LF- Jordan Anderson
    CF- Mangum
    RF- Tanner Allen

DH- MacNamee/Vansau/maybe Reed
    If Padgett comes back with the stuff he had, he will be a dynamite closer. Mid-90s fastball with a major league curve ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakonastick View Post
    Gridley won't be back he's a 6-8 round guy right now. Unless he comes from money. It's either sign for 200k or get 5-20k next year. He's also not likely to improve his stock by coming back. I hope I am wrong but I don't see it.

I hate the MLB draft because it literally punishes seniors because they have zero leverage. I wish MLB would set slot minimums for picks.
    I'd be surprised if he gets drafted that high but it only takes one scout to like you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    If Padgett comes back with the stuff he had, he will be a dynamite closer. Mid-90s fastball with a major league curve ball.
    He was dominating the Cape before he got hurt. We'll see what he looks like in January.

vCash
    He was dominating the Cape before he got hurt. We'll see what he looks like in January.
    The Cubs loved him but they wouldn't pay him the $1 million he wanted. They wanted to draft him in the third round and offered him $750k but Padgett said no thanks and came to school. I hope he comes back even better and the Cubs draft him in the first round after his junior year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    The Cubs loved him but they wouldn't pay him the $1 million he wanted. They wanted to draft him in the third round and offered him $750k but Padgett said no thanks and came to school. I hope he comes back even better and the Cubs draft him in the first round after his junior year.
    magnums family members are saying he's leaving

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonmd View Post
    Draft gonna be painful this year... again

vCash
    Hey Todd, how come you did not put Reed Smith in the Mix for the infield? Also, you may have forgot about Hughes pitching. Small will be 17 months post-TJ in February, so it seems he won't contribute next year, Padgett will be 19-20 months by February, so he should be ready.

Also, a very stupid question, do you think our pitching issues could become so well known that graduate transfers may not flock to us. Maybe a Post TJ from Clemson (as an example) that wants SEC exposure during his senior season. Us pitching Rooker should have raised many eyebrows

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This thread probably a month too early. Until the draft is over, way too many variables imo
    Wow good post

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Wonder if moving to vansau to 1b this summer would be a good move. He makes matt kemp look good defensively
    Who is making these posts under this username? I guess the sweet spot is a littl over 33k

vCash
    If he goes 1st Round, good for him! However, even the ESPN guys last night said he needs to be more selective and start hitting HIS pitches rather than what is offered. If he got intelligently selective and got the pitching sharper, he could be a Golden Spike player it seems. Call me crazy, but this dude hit 420 last year just hacking away.

If he is not top-3 rounds, he should stick around.

vCash
    What did me talking about Padgett have anything to do with Mangum?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Hey Todd, how come you did not put Reed Smith in the Mix for the infield? Also, you may have forgot about Hughes pitching. Small will be 17 months post-TJ in February, so it seems he won't contribute next year, Padgett will be 19-20 months by February, so he should be ready.

Also, a very stupid question, do you think our pitching issues could become so well known that graduate transfers may not flock to us. Maybe a Post TJ from Clemson (as an example) that wants SEC exposure during his senior season. Us pitching Rooker should have raised many eyebrows
    I just kind of figured that if he couldn't crack the top 35 he wasn't likely to contribute much next year.

I didn't forget about Hughes- I mentioned him in the long post as a candidate for a starting spot. I think Small had his surgery in July after Padgett so they should be on a close timetable.

I don't remember any graduate transfers ever happening in college baseball? I think most of them just go ahead and go into pro baseball like Paul Young did last year. Maybe it happens at other places though?

If your question is will having so many guys hurt us in recruiting- I don't think so because we have a totally different pitching coach and a totally different head coach as well. So, I think that's pretty easy to refute on that side. It may have been an issue had we kept Wes or rather had Wes stayed. I think pitching Rooker isn't any different than a MLB team pitching a position player because they run out of pitchers which does happen every once in awhile. To me, that plus the fact that we're seeing teams getting run ruled because they run out of pitching speaks more to how silly the SEC Tournament format is and that they need to look at revamping it. We had to pitch somebody and we couldn't just roll a pitching machine out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Who is making these posts under this username? I guess the sweet spot is a littl over 33k
    Sorry, my wife posted a few times**

vCash
    Minor correction Self is a true freshman and Price is a true soph.

Who's the guy from Chipola JC?

vCash
    If he's back. That's a big question. Big question.

vCash
    We will see. Anything is possible. How bad does he want to start a pro career is the question. Money isn't the issue and he isn't going to be top 3 rounds. Won't be shocked either way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    Minor correction Self is a true freshman and Price is a true soph.

Who's the guy from Chipola JC?
    You're talking about Rey Riviera. I don't expect him to come to MSU but I sincerely hope I am wrong.

vCash
    You're talking about Rey Riviera. I don't expect him to come to MSU but I sincerely hope I am wrong.
    I ran in to the coach while in Lakeland a couple of weeks ago which reminded me of him. Where do you think he ends up if not us?