Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can the baseball gurus give us a complete breakdown of in-coming players and...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Can the baseball gurus give us a complete breakdown of in-coming players and...

the injured pitchers that should/could be back for next season? I, personally, just want a better understanding of what the roster could look like, and of course, feel free to include any additional pertinent information as well.

vCash
    I am very interested as well. We lose Rooker, Cody Brown, Lovelady, and probably Gridley. Those are going to be replaced by either redshirts or incoming players.

vCash
    I'd like to have a better feel for next year's team too. Todd, you're up...

vCash
    This thread probably a month too early. Until the draft is over, way too many variables imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This thread probably a month too early. Until the draft is over, way too many variables imo
    Yeah, you're right.....cart before horse.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Wow good post

vCash
    Absolutely. It's useless to even speculate at this point

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Absolutely. It's useless to even speculate at this point
    Com'on Mane! Useless speculation is why message boards exist...back in February people thought our starting rotation was going to be Pilk, Cyr, and James then all we had was Pilk...we thought the bullpen would be anchored by Rigby and Smith then we lost both...we thought that Henderson was a low energy bad hire in March then he built a pitching staff from near ashes.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm going on a limb and saying Grid comes back. Somebody catch me if that limb falls, will ya. Yea, I know it's a stretch, but I'm not afraid to go out there. Been wrong before. Just a gut feeling.

vCash
    Outfield with McNamee, Mangum, and Vansau is pretty good. Stovall is probably the only infield and possibly Bragg or Skelton.

vCash
    I tvink Rooker comes back to work on his pitching so he can be dual threat guy in MLB

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    That was hilarious on Rooker. I really did wish he had tried Cody Brown. He can do everything else. Would have been fun to see what he could do. I bet he would have thrown harder than Brent.

vCash
    Mangum CF
    Macnamee LF
    ?Newcomer RF
    Alexander 3B
    Gridley (if he returns) SS
    Stovall 2B
    ?Newcomer 1B
    Skelton C
    Vansau DH

Pilk
    ?
    ?

The biggest questions will be based on Gridley staying or leaving, what pitchers return from injury, and how many immediate impact newcomers we will have.

If Gridley leaves, our offense takes a major hit unless Alexander flips a switch this summer...bc he is your starting shortstop if Gridley leaves. Which likely puts Bragg at 3B. Can Vansau play 1B? He looks like a first baseman to me.

I actually expect Alexander to improve over summer in the Cape. I think Bragg could improve a lot too if he sticks around. But I'm most excited about another step forward for Stovall, Vansau, and Macnamee.

If Mangum will focus 100% on being a selective hitter btwn now & next year, we will actually have a solid core of hitters in Mangum, Stovall, Vansau, and Macnamee. Then it's all up to adding some power somewhere, and improvement from LA, Bragg, & Skelton. Throw a Gridley surprise in there and we're in business.

I expect pitching to be much improved. Interested to see if Self becomes a starter or just a badass closer.

Does anybody know where we will generate power from next season? Any big newcomers? Is the Itawamba guy legit?

vCash
    A few quick thoughts:

I think we are going to get hit pretty hard by the draft. May lose as many as 7 commitments.

Look for a good battle at C between Skelton and Marshall Gilbert. Gilbert is out of Juco and the coaches are high on him.

Look for Alex Pener, another Juco, to be our 1B. And Owen Lovell, if we keep him, will have a great chance to start in the OF.

Really hope Grid and Mangum decide to return. I think Mangum should learn from Rooker and come back for his Junior year especially since he will be a true junior. Grid can't really improve his draft stock, but maybe he will pull a Kramer Robertson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    A few quick thoughts:

I think we are going to get hit pretty hard by the draft. May lose as many as 7 commitments.

Look for a good battle at C between Skelton and Marshall Gilbert. Gilbert is out of Juco and the coaches are high on him.

Look for Alex Pener, another Juco, to be our 1B. And Owen Lovell, if we keep him, will have a great chance to start in the OF.

Really hope Grid and Mangum decide to return. I think Mangum should learn from Rooker and come back for his Junior year especially since he will be a true junior. Grid can't really improve his draft stock, but maybe he will pull a Kramer Robertson.
    Wonder if moving to vansau to 1b this summer would be a good move. He makes matt kemp look good defensively

vCash
    Wonder if moving to vansau to 1b this summer would be a good move. He makes matt kemp look good defensively
    I think Vansau will DH vs righties next year.

vCash
    If Grids stays, why not move Bragg to first?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    It's probably not 100% that Bragg will be back next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    Please no.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Who is making these posts under this username? I guess the sweet spot is a littl over 33k