Rookie of the year
    Better tighten up then... bellinger (dodgers) is ops'n at .907

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Frazier is also hitting about .330.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    only War I know is what Patton brought to Europe.

When an MLB OF'er is tied for the MLB lead in assists- he is good OF'er. End of story

You guys are excited about the fact he is hitting .239- you sure you wanna pick THAT fight? (.239 is still shitty be everyone's standard btw)
    First, you claimed he wouldn't stick in the majors. Now you're shifting it to, 'well, but he isn't that good'?

Second, he is not a good defensive OF, according to all the data we have. He has an extremely good arm, arguably the best in baseball, yes. That helps. But he does not have good range and does not get to as many balls as good OF do. So his lack of good defense is mitigated some by his arm but not enough to make him good overall.

He's on pace to hit 30+ HR. What is the difference between saying, 'He leads baseball in OF assists but the rest of his defense makes him below-average' and 'he hits a lot of HR but the rest of his offense makes him below-average for a RF'? They are the same thing. Defense is not assists alone, just like offense is not HR alone. In fact, assists have less impact on an OF's overall defense than HR do on a hitter's overall offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Frazier is also hitting about .330.
    Too many ABs last season

vCash
    Renfroe too the last 30 days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Renfroe too the last 30 days.
    If it's close, it'll go to bellinger. Dodgers are a playoff team

vCash
    Maybe so. Hunter has beat of arm in baseball too though. Where does he rank in OF assist and is there a stat for people not running on an OF?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Maybe so. Hunter has beat of arm in baseball too though. Where does he rank in OF assist and is there a stat for people not running on an OF?
    Yes, runners not advancing is taken into account in defensive metrics.

Renfroe is T2 among all OF in assists with 5, with 3 others and 1 behind Aoki. Among RF, he is T1 with Bautista.

vCash
    Too many ABs last season
    That sucks, I thought he came up late enough to be up for it this year.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    That sucks, I thought he came up late enough to be up for it this year.
    They do it by AB's or days on the active roster. Have to be under 130 AB's and under 45 days. Renfroe is still a rookie, Frazier is not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    They do it by AB's or days on the active roster. Have to be under 130 AB's and under 45 days. Renfroe is still a rookie, Frazier is not.
    The Pirates should petition MLB to have Frazier considered a rookie. There's no reason for them not to do it, so the Pirates better not just sit back and let it happen.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    The Pirates should petition MLB to have Frazier considered a rookie. There's no reason for them not to do it, so the Pirates better not just sit back and let it happen.
    And once again you don't understand something I say and run with it like a dumbass.

vCash
    OPS in April is Bellinger at .946 and Renfroe at .623

OPS in May is Bellinger at .898 and Renfroe at .889

vCash
    And once again you don't understand something I say and run with it like a dumbass.
    I'm just messing with you, dawg. Although that basically is what you said.

Banned
    vCash
    I'm just messing with you, dawg. Although that basically is what you said.
    It's not. They are incorrectly awarding the winners of regular season HR, RBI's, AVG. etc by including postseason stats into them. If I was aware of this before 3 days ago I woulda said something earlier about it.

vCash
    It's not. They are incorrectly awarding the winners of regular season HR, RBI's, AVG. etc by including postseason stats into them. If I was aware of this before 3 days ago I woulda said something earlier about it.
    They've never called it a 'regular season' award. It is like saying the NCAA incorrectly awards the winner of rushing/passing/receiving titles by including bowl stats into them. Well, it's the way they have decided to award them, so it is what it is. It isn't incorrect, it's just a decision that was made.

vCash
    First, you claimed he wouldn't stick in the majors. Now you're shifting it to, 'well, but he isn't that good'?

Second, he is not a good defensive OF, according to all the data we have. He has an extremely good arm, arguably the best in baseball, yes. That helps. But he does not have good range and does not get to as many balls as good OF do. So his lack of good defense is mitigated some by his arm but not enough to make him good overall.

He's on pace to hit 30+ HR. What is the difference between saying, 'He leads baseball in OF assists but the rest of his defense makes him below-average' and 'he hits a lot of HR but the rest of his offense makes him below-average for a RF'? They are the same thing. Defense is not assists alone, just like offense is not HR alone. In fact, assists have less impact on an OF's overall defense than HR do on a hitter's overall offense.
    I havent shifted at all Socrates

I predicted 4 years ago I didnt think he would play a full season in the majors. That prediction looks like it will be incorrect. But my prediction never changed

I STATED that hitting .239 is shitty. That statement is factual.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    I havent shifted at all Socrates

I predicted 4 years ago I didnt think he would play a full season in the majors. That prediction looks like it will be incorrect. But my prediction never changed

I STATED that hitting .239 is shitty. That statement is factual.
    Depends on if he ends up hitting 30+ in homeruns and 100+ in RBIs. Plenty of guys have hit around .240 and been productive players. Jose Bautista for the majority of his career has hit below .260 and he has been an All Star 6 times.