Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mario Kegler meeting Coach Howland Wednesday

vCash

Mario Kegler meeting Coach Howland Wednesday

It's possible he doesn't transfer. This has been a crappy 24 hour cycle for the basketball team but if Coach Howland can talk him into staying that would help out a lot. Who knows this may have been a leverage play by Omhar Carter with no intention of really transferring to get what they want. Either way, Baylor could have a tampering charge because if they talked with Carter (since he is the guardian) without the release being official we could legit file a complaint against them. Either way it didn't make sense at all for Kegler to transfer no matter how you look at it.

vCash
    Still don't like it if they're threatening transfer to get concessions on something.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Anything is possible but don't hold your breath.

Banned
    vCash
    Howland needs to get off his ass and get us 2 grad transfers since there's 800 of them out there. Oh and between the two I'd rather keep Wright if we can only keep one.

vCash
    Meh, what happens the first time things don't go Kegler's way next season?

What happens when it's in the team's best interests that he play the 4?

You can't fix or win with selfish people. It's that simple. There is no fixing this because Kegler has already shown his cards and shown what's important to him.

People may hide their values at times but they don't change them.

Ask yourself this: what would Bill Belichik or Popovich do? They kick his ass to the curb and find someone who wanted to play within the confines of their system. Easy answer.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-27-2017 at 08:15 AM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    It's best that he just go.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    It's best that he just go.
    Yup pretty much rather Howland use that meeting time to fly to Australia and get us a shooter and a PF. Done with Carter's babies. They are overrated, zero basketball IQ crybabies. Seriously Howland copy Mark Few and go get some players from Australia. They are always smart, tough and can shoot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Yup pretty much rather Howland use that meeting time to fly to Australia and get us a shooter and a PF. Done with Carter's babies. They are overrated, zero basketball IQ crybabies. Seriously Howland copy Mark Few and go get some players from Australia. They are always smart, tough and can shoot.
    Only problem is with our luck we would never get them cleared to play. Seems to always be an issue.

vCash
    This handler thing has gotten out of control. The handler knows what's best for the kid (really? ) and doesn't appear the kiid has much say so. Years ago a handler meant something like one who handles animals. Such as a lion tamer. Maybe we need to go back to those handler days, and not ruin college basketball.

vCash
    Let him go (cancer), we'll be ok!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rcsteph1 View Post
    Only problem is with our luck we would never get them cleared to play. Seems to always be an issue.

I just wonder if the Renardo Sidney debacle could have contributed to the issue we have getting players cleared to play? Probably not but just a thought.

vCash
    Basketball kills any kind of a boner that I might have on any given day. I couldn't imagine trying to coach that shit.

Banned
    vCash
    NCAA is racist they don't clear players from Africa. Australia is not a problem. We have one on our WBB team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Basketball kills any kind of a boner that I might have on any given day. I couldn't imagine trying to coach that shit.
    Why the hell are you trying to get a boner while watching men's basketball?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Closet ole miss fan?

vCash
    Maybe get Coach Shaeffer to go with him, he seems to be able to do it. Maybe he has something on our erstwhile clearance officer to get him off his butt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    You miss the point. If MSU makes it to the NCAA tournament, I might watch it. I will always hope MSU wins every basketball game, but I refuse to put any emotional energy into it.

In simpler, more easy to understand terms, I could win the lottery and be super excited (boner), but if someone brings up college basketball, my excitement is diminished.

vCash
    Basketball recruiting is ridiculous. So many of these AAU kids already have agents aka "handlers" or "AAU Coach"

And just like in the NBA- sometimes your agent makes a power play and demands a trade (release from scholarship to transfer). It's making its way into college football- but not near as prevalent. Starting to filter down to HS as well.

Money, money, money....moneyyyyyyyy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    You miss the point. If MSU makes it to the NCAA tournament, I might watch it. I will always hope MSU wins every basketball game, but I refuse to put any emotional energy into it.

In simpler, more easy to understand terms, I could win the lottery and be super excited (boner), but if someone brings up college basketball, my excitement is diminished.
    Then why are you participating in a thread about college basketball?

vCash
    Hey it's not only Basketball recruiting, it's football and baseball as for as recruiting goes. Blows my mind seeing 9th graders or even 10th graders "committing".