Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on baseball as we head to Regionals

vCash
    What's the problem with Bragg?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugdog View Post
    What's the problem with Bragg?
    He just hasn't had enough AB's to play him at this point.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    If Vansau continues to swing a hot bat like he did in the tourney, I'd put him at 4 instead of Stovall and let Stovall go back to the 9 hole. I know it may not have played out exactly like it did yesterday, but think if Stovall had come up to bat those 3 times when Poole did. LA in the 9 hole would have produced the same results as we got yesterday.

On a side note, I can't help but wonder how Bragg would be hitting if he had been playing more. You can't expect someone to go from not hitting live in a game for 3-4 weeks and then plug him in and expect results. His timing on his swings were horrible yesterday.

Thought everything in your post was spot on. Can't wait to see what the future holds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I think I would just go with this lineup and batting order:

1. Grid, SS
    2. Rooker, 1B
    3. Mangum, CF
    4. Cody, LF
    5. Stovall, 2B
    6. Vansau, DH
    7. MacNamee, RF
    8. Lovelady, C
    9. LA, 3B

Then we can use Poole as a pinch runner late for Lovelady.
    Rather have Jake leadoff, gridley 2nd, and rooker 3rd. Mangum 3rd scares no one... id rather have brown's pop behind rooker

vCash
    Great post Cadaver.
    I agree that we could steal a regional and if we get to a super we are set up pretty good for a 3 game series if we pick the right 2nd starter.
    However, since the odds are stacked against us to win it all my biggest desire is for Rooker to win the triple crown. It's a stupid rule for post season stats to count and it will suck if Rooker loses it because another team makes it farther than we do so each game we play helps his chances to pad his lead. He lost a lot off his average yesterday so hopefully he starts the regional strongly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Great post Cadaver.
    I agree that we could steal a regional and if we get to a super we are set up pretty good for a 3 game series if we pick the right 2nd starter.
    However, since the odds are stacked against us to win it all my biggest desire is for Rooker to win the triple crown. It's a stupid rule for post season stats to count and it will suck if Rooker loses it because another team makes it farther than we do so each game we play helps his chances to pad his lead. He lost a lot off his average yesterday so hopefully he starts the regional strongly.
    Deichmann has hit his 18th and 19th HRs today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Deichmann has hit his 18th and 19th HRs today.
    That sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    That sucks.
    Spanburger (however you spell it) just hit his 18th hr. Rooker better hit a homerun if he wants to hold them off

vCash
    Spanberger hits 19th

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Spanberger hits 19th
    If we go two and out in a regional Rooker won't win the triple crown. I think it's stupid for postseason stats to count.
    One thing I do feel good about is we did a better job pitching Arkansas than other teams in the tournament (until we threw in the towel last night).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    No chance we save KP for Game 2 right?
    I think you wait and see the regional pairings before you make a decision.