* This is all icing on a cake we shouldn't be eating this year. What we saw in the late innings of both games today, is what we SHOULD have seen most of the year...but our guys weren't having it. Today we just ran out of gas

* We actually found something in our starting pitching this week. Gordon and JBill pitched well, and Plumlee looks like the guy that was our Saturday starter early on.

* Our hitting is struggling badly, but hitting can be turned around quickly, especially when you get away from seeing pitchers that have faced you multiple times this year. I think our bats will come alive when we face some OOC opponents that don't know exactly how to pitch us.

* I think Cann experimented with more offense, but quickly found out that we can survive with Cody at 3B, but we need Poole in RF. We may have seen Bragg for the last time, and Vansau better get comfy in the DH spot...which damn, he can hit. Macnamee hit like .500 for the tourney too....so if our big bats can get going, we are starting to see other guys swing it.

* Lovelady is a damn warrior. He's slower than a son of a bitch, but I love that dude. Gives it everything he's got, and Jake Mangum could learn a ton from Josh's approach and discipline at the plate.

* Mangum is only going to get worse and worse until he stops swinging at everything they throw to him.

* Our pitchers have to start holding runners on better, bc Lovelady throws nobody out, and teams will take advantage in Regional play.

* We gotta start using small ball more. I know that's a sin to some, but guys like Lovelady, Poole, and Alexander need to be bunting to avoid hitting into double plays and striking out. At least get an advancement of runners and another guy to the plate. I'm seriously thinking Poole should bunt every at bat in Regionals

* Finally, we have a real shot at stealing a Regional somewhere. I think we have no shot if they send us way out West...we traditionally suck out West. But we have some bats, and our pitching may be turning it up at just the right time. It's definitely a long shot, but we have the talent and toughness and fight to be a tough out. It's always about matchups of course, but our guys should play loose and realize it's house money and low expectations they're playing with....ya never know. I can tell you one thing, we'll fight for 9 innings and we have some scrappers.
I encourage everyone to really enjoy & appreciate Rooker in his final games, and what he's done this year. He is one of the best to wear the maroon and white, which is saying something. Also, enjoy the last games of Cody Brown...that guy has given his all to MSU baseball, and he is one of my all time favorites. He does not want his career at MSU to end, so I expect big things from him in the Regional. Regardless, I tip my cap to Cody and his effort.

Let's go surprise some folks. Hail Damn State