Thread: Gonna be interesting tonight

vCash

Gonna be interesting tonight

Will this team fold or fight back?

With the Bama firing, I wonder how Cann and Cohen handle a few pitchers and a few everyday players?

I can't see several coming back next year, we have several non Sec players.

Should be an interesting lineup tonight, maybe we see Bragg.

I hope we swing the bats and Billingsly can go 5, have not a clue who will relief, maybe Ford.

Don't know if it was mentioned but I read Price has a dead arm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Will this team fold or fight back?

With the Bama firing, I wonder how Cann and Cohen handle a few pitchers and a few everyday players?

I can't see several coming back next year, we have several non Sec players.

Should be an interesting lineup tonight, maybe we see Bragg.

I hope we swing the bats and Billingsly can go 5, have not a clue who will relief, maybe Ford.

Don't know if it was mentioned but I read Price has a dead arm.
    You tell them the pine is going to become your best friend, it's your choice.

vCash
    I think this team will fight back. We're not built for the stupid SEC Tournament SEC money grab.

I don't think we'll any more attrition than normal because of our roster size at the moment. I expect a few to leave after the season and some during the fall like always.

Goff also misappropriated funds too so it wasn't just one thing. And Byrne told him not to handle cutting players that way. I would be shocked if Cann handles it the same way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think this team will fight back. We're not built for the stupid SEC Tournament SEC money grab.

I don't think we'll any more attrition than normal because of our roster size at the moment. I expect a few to leave after the season and some during the fall like always.

Goff also misappropriated funds too so it wasn't just one thing. And Byrne told him not to handle cutting players that way. I would be shocked if Cann handles it the same way.
    I don't expect Cann to go "Goff", bit I see 3 to 5 players not coming back.

Some say it doesn't matter, yes it does for a bunch of reasons.

Message seems to have been sent to a few players now.

vCash
    Very concerning if that's true about price.

vCash
    I don't expect Cann to go "Goff", bit I see 3 to 5 players not coming back.

Some say it doesn't matter, yes it does for a bunch of reasons.

Message seems to have been sent to a few players now.
    3 to 5 is probably about our norm if not more than that.

I agree that the SEC Tournament matters and I respect people that care about it but at the same time it is what it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Very concerning if that's true about price.
    Yep, makes you worry about another TJ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Yep, makes you worry about another TJ.
    Dead arm isnt elbow soreness. Has nothing to do with TJ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    3 to 5 is probably about our norm if not more than that.

I agree that the SEC Tournament matters and I respect people that care about it but at the same time it is what it is.
    I wasn't referring to the Sec Tourney, more about players.

I wish the Sec Tourney wasn't double elimination. One and done, regular season in the Sec is such a grind.

As for as Price, his velocity is supposedly down.

vCash
    I wasn't referring to the Sec Tourney, more about players.

I wish the Sec Tourney wasn't double elimination. One and done, regular season in the Sec is such a grind.

As for as Price, his velocity is supposedly down.
    He's basically been a one pitch guy all year and that's his slider. His fastball tops at about 86 and yes recently it has been 84 some. In a regional, we might can use Billingsly as a set up guy. Basically just use: KP, Denver, Peyton, Billingsly, Self and Gordon. We might can get thru 3 games with those 6 guys assuming all 3 starters can go 5+.

Just can't lose a game, lol. We should be fine in a Super.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    He's basically been a one pitch guy all year and that's his slider. His fastball tops at about 86 and yes recently it has been 84 some. In a regional, we might can use Billingsly as a set up guy. Basically just use: KP, Denver, Peyton, Billingsly, Self and Gordon. We might can get thru 3 games with those 6 guys assuming all 3 starters can go 5+.

Just can't lose a game, lol. We should be fine in a Super.
    I think we've seen now that self is good for 2 days in a row and that's it. That means we're gonna have to a comfortable win in order to win a regional bc we have no back side to the pen now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think we've seen now that self is good for 2 days in a row and that's it. That means we're gonna have to a comfortable win in order to win a regional bc we have no back side to the pen now
    Probably true. Hopefully, we swing the sticks. I'm not totally giving up on Price though. He might just be rusty. He walked one and got down 2-0. Not good, but not horrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Probably true. Hopefully, we swing the sticks. I'm not totally giving up on Price though. He might just be rusty. He walked one and got down 2-0. Not good, but not horrible.
    He should pitch tonight imo. We need to get him going before the regional.