Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eli Wright leaving too

vCash

Eli Wright leaving too

Are you kidding? This is getting Stans like.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 05-26-2017 at 02:51 PM.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Damn he was one of my favorites to watch...wtf?

vCash
    I am slowly losing faith in howland. Never thought I would say that

vCash
    So we are going to be short three scholarship players next year. Our program has been under imposed NCAA violations for years.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    I have a UCLA friend who warned me of this with Howland. He'll stockpike talent and there will be plenty of transfers. UCLA had 11 in 5 years with Howland. Cream rises to the top though and they still made it to Final Fours.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    I am slowly losing faith in howland. Never thought I would say that
    That's concerning, but perimeter spots were going to be tight next year.

So the starting lineup will be:
    (1) Peters
    (2) Q
    (3) Stapleton
    (4) Holman
    (5) Herard

and then Carter, Weatherspoon, and Ado will fill out the normal rotation?

That doesn't leave me nearly as excited (Keglar was the bigger loss just because of his versatility and lack of similar players), but we're still ok. I think this is pretty much reality now for every program outside of the true blue chippers. Coaches constantly have to walk the fine line between letting the inmates run the asylum and having their roster decimated by transfers.

vCash
    This one is way more understandable than Kegler. Any time you bring in 7 highly-rated guys in one class, you expect a defection or two. And Wright got little playing time, so there you go.

This one isn't a surprise or some ominous sign. Stinks, but it's college basketball.

vCash
    Damn. He's one we didn't need to lose, but neither Kegler nor Eli really change anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Just shows how smart Stans is, he was ahead of the curve. Trendsetter..****
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    When did AAU coaches become spokesmen for these college kids?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    I'm beginning to think the continually increasing number of transfers and AAU coach/mentor situations are creating a bubble that's going to burst in a really ugly way for college basketball in the next 5-10 years.

vCash
    College basketball is pretty atrocious. Wish I hadn't fallen in love with it a long time ago. I have no idea why anybody would want to coach it.

vCash
    We are still trying to Reach the Bar Stans set.

vCash
    Bad things come in 3's....nobody piss Peters off the next few weeks....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    I absolutely hate that about college basketball. It is getting similar with football 7 on 7 teams. One of the reasons I don't follow recruiting at all anymore. Somebody is getting paid when big recruits sign somewhere, it might not be the family of the recruit but these slimy leeches on society.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    That's concerning, but perimeter spots were going to be tight next year.

So the starting lineup will be:
    (1) Peters
    (2) Q
    (3) Stapleton
    (4) Holman
    (5) Herard

and then Carter, Weatherspoon, and Ado will fill out the normal rotation?

That doesn't leave me nearly as excited (Keglar was the bigger loss just because of his versatility and lack of similar players), but we're still ok. I think this is pretty much reality now for every program outside of the true blue chippers. Coaches constantly have to walk the fine line between letting the inmates run the asylum and having their roster decimated by transfers.
    Most teams don't have more than 7 or 8 people that actually get meaningful minutes anyway. I did like Wright's hustle though as opposed to Kegler.

vCash
    When you sign highly ranked players, they all want to play now. Hard to stockpile a team of 4 *'s. They all think that they are NBA ready. The AAU and one and done are ruining college ball. Get used to it until this implodes. Maybe you need to recruit about 7 of the best you can get and fill the rest of the team with role players ( if they still exist in today's BB world).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Most teams don't have more than 7 or 8 people that actually get meaningful minutes anyway. I did like Wright's hustle though as opposed to Kegler.
    We don't have a problem as far as numbers, and I don't think we're losing a superstar with either player, but I thought Keglar was a very good piece, particularly for our team. Showed a lot of promise as a true freshman, and while I'm not sure he he will develop into the matchup problem he could be where he posts up perimeter players and takes post players outside, he was going to be a big contributor regardless, especially after cutting out some of the freshman issues like TOs.

With Keglar, between him, Q, and Peters, somebody is going to be dangerous on any given night. Take him away, and if Herard hasn't made a good jump on offense, we are going to be putting a lot of pressure on Peters and Q to carry the offensive load day in and day out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    When you sign highly ranked players, they all want to play now. Hard to stockpile a team of 4 *'s. They all think that they are NBA ready. The AAU and one and done are ruining college ball. Get used to it until this implodes. Maybe you need to recruit about 7 of the best you can get and fill the rest of the team with role players ( if they still exist in today's BB world).
    I was just about to say you need your glue players like Stapleton to provide some type of continuity, but then I realized he's a transfer too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Bad things come in 3's....nobody piss Peters off the next few weeks....
    If he leaves, I'm officially done with basketball.

I'm already unofficially done with this cesspool of a sport, but that would officially do it.

What could Peters possibly be upset about?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More