Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: SECT vs Florida game thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Only thing Canny did wrong today was let Gordon go out for the top of the eighth. At some point your players have to do their ****ing job.
    I can't say that was wrong. 7-8-9 were coming up and Gordon's pitch count was low. I really have no problem with him facing 1 batter and seeing what happens. Unfortunately that dude got a hit, we pulled Gordon and 11 runs later, we are all pissed off. It sucks, but we weren't winning this tournament. If we somehow beat Arkansas later today, we may have to forfeit tomorrow due to lack of arms.

vCash
    we have had the bases loaded 3 times today with Poole and he has zero to show. wish he had struck out every time.

vCash
    I'd start Parker Ford tonight. Let's see if we can find a new Sunday starter since we found our Regional Saturday guy in Gordon today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I can't say that was wrong. 7-8-9 were coming up and Gordon's pitch count was low. I really have no problem with him facing 1 batter and seeing what happens. Unfortunately that dude got a hit, we pulled Gordon and 11 runs later, we are all pissed off. It sucks, but we weren't winning this tournament. If we somehow beat Arkansas later today, we may have to forfeit tomorrow due to lack of arms.
    hind site says he should have left him in--he would not have walked 6

vCash
    I think Rally Pat threw her score book away during this game...

vCash
    So with these new rules, how do you drop players who can't throw strikes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    we have had the bases loaded 3 times today with Poole and he has zero to show. wish he had struck out every time.
    Yep, try a squeeze every time so at least maybe Poole can beat it out and not hit into a DP. At this point I am surprised when he even puts the ball in play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    So with these new rules, how do you drop players who can't throw strikes?
    That is a very good question. Also can you do it actually in the middle of a game and get someone from the stands if they are a college age student?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Yep, try a squeeze every time so at least maybe Poole can beat it out and not hit into a DP. At this point I am surprised when he even puts the ball in play.
    maybe he can work on his check swing.

vCash
    I say let's just go ahead and get ten run ruled tonight and get some rest while waiting to see where we will be a 2 seed.
    And go ahead and send Lovelady back to Starkville right after this game with some ice and a cooler full of beer. He's taken a beating today.

vCash
    Lovelady and Gordon deserve all expense paid trip to the Pink Pony

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I say let's just go ahead and get ten run ruled tonight and get some rest while waiting to see where we will be a 2 seed.
    And go ahead and send Lovelady back to Starkville right after this game with some ice and a cooler full of beer. He's taken a beating today.
    Dude has bad knees anyway so ice em down and get ready for next week.

vCash
    After all that, and I still have to sit in this ****ing office for another two hours. FML

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    That is a very good question. Also can you do it actually in the middle of a game and get someone from the stands if they are a college age student?
    That's one reason why I think that rule is stupid. The player should have to hold up their end of the deal by performing at a reasonably high level.

But to answer your question all we can do is tell them they won't play and then hope the player transfers out or quits on their own.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    After all that, and I still have to sit in this ****ing office for another two hours. FML
    atleast you only 2. I got 5 hrs...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That's one reason why I think that rule is stupid. The player should have to hold up their end of the deal by performing at a reasonably high level.

But to answer your question all we can do is tell them they won't play and then hope the player transfers out or quits on their own.
    But you could reduce their scholly down to the minimum level or is it set when they sign originally?

vCash
    That was a gut punch. Def had our shot to be in good shape to win the whole thing. Will be tough to beat Arkansas but we have shown we can bounce back. Last thing we needed was a double header. Who the hell is going to pitch?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    That was a gut punch. Def had our shot to be in good shape to win the whole thing. Will be tough to beat Arkansas but we have shown we can bounce back. Last thing we needed was a double header. Who the hell is going to pitch?
    I'd start Parker Ford. He has thrown strikes lately, and that's all we can ask at this point. We were never winning this tourney with our pitching depth, but today sucked

vCash
    That game was like getting slow head from a hot chick, and then her dentures fall out and she bites your dick off with no teeth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

Ahhh, gotcha. What if they are pussies and say that's okay with me I don't mind being a bench warmer. This is just hypothetical not saying any of our players are but that would be the flaw of this everyone gets a trophy rule. This has to have been done because of Saban. Thanks asshat Saban!