Have posted before about how dirty the recruitment of Cam Akers was by Rev. Freeze. Got another golden nugget today.

My good friend, who went to MS Valley with Cam's step-father, Willie Neal, went to visit Cam last night. Akers is home from FSU for a few days. Step-dad's exact words were if Cam had gone to TSUN, "Man we would have been set for 10 years at least. I mean not have to work for 10 years."

Apparently the deal was $100,000 on signing day, $3,000 per month while in school ($108,000 total if there only 3 years), and then $100,000 after playing time ended. Now, I'm in the financial services field and know that $308,000 doesn't really set you up for 10 years without working at all. But if they had kept working as normal and taken the money to invest it, then yeah, after 10 years or so, they could have had about $750,000 or so at about an 8% rate of return.

And, this isn't even considering the job delivering cars that the step-dad already had been given by Cannon Motors (a job which he lost after signing day).

I always find it fascinating to get factual confirmation of what we all know has been going on for years. As the saying goes, "The Death Is In the Details." In this case, hopefully the "NCAA Death Is In The Details."

Just another example of the desperation. Thank goodness Cam's family was not that stupid.