Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Per Evan Daniels, Kegler has asked for transfer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    When else would he leave? The season ended in early March. He finished out the semester, probably went home and talked it over with family / acquaintances, then decided to bolt. He left pretty much at the earliest opportunity that made sense. He had nothing to gain by leaving in January in the middle of the season.
    It's Omhar Carter not Mario Kegler. I doubt Kegler even had a say in this.

vCash
    When else would he leave? The season ended in early March. He finished out the semester, probably went home and talked it over with family / acquaintances, then decided to bolt. He left pretty much at the earliest opportunity that made sense. He had nothing to gain by leaving in January in the middle of the season.
    The timing of when Kegler and Newman asked for their release is not normal. Usually this is done right after the season when they have their end of season review with the coach in March or at the latest early April. Transfers almost never announce this late. Hell, the deadline to withdraw from the NBA draft has already passed.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    It's Omhar Carter not Mario Kegler. I doubt Kegler even had a say in this.
    All I was saying is there was nothing unusual about the timing. F him for leaving, and I wish him nothing but the worst, but its not like it isn't the high season for transfers right now.

Banned
    vCash
    The timing of when Kegler and Newman asked for their release is not normal. Usually this is done right after the season when they have their end of season review with the coach in March or at the latest early April. Transfers almost never announce this late. Hell, the deadline to withdraw from the NBA draft has already passed.
    Why would he not finish out the semester? No sense in announcing a transfer, then awkwardly hanging out for two more months with your now ex-teammates. Waiting gives time to think it sll the way through and also survey the market. There is literally no downside. Would you turn in a 2 months notice before leaving for another job?

vCash
    All I was saying is there was nothing unusual about the timing. F him for leaving, and I wish him nothing but the worst, but its not like it isn't the high season for transfers right now.
    Hell yes the timing is unusual. Next week is summer school and school has been done with for a couple of weeks. This is the latest I have seen a player ask for a transfer that wasn't in the NBA draft.

vCash
    Why would he not finish out the semester? No sense in announcing a transfer, then awkwardly hanging out for two more months with your now ex-teammates. Waiting gives time to think it sll the way through and also survey the market. There is literally no downside. Would you turn in a 2 months notice before leaving for another job?
    That's what transfers do. They announce in March and April finish out their semester take visits and figure out where they want to go before summer school starts in most places. Only douches do what Kegler/Carter did there because it gives us no contingency plan to try to get another transfer here or even go after a late 2017 player. Transfers almost always ask for releases in March or April. We are damn near in June.

Banned
    vCash
    Hell yes the timing is unusual. Next week is summer school and school has been done with for a couple of weeks. This is the latest I have seen a player ask for a transfer that wasn't in the NBA draft.
    I don't see how the NBA draft or summer school ties in. Like Newman, Keglar is not an NBA player so that really has no bearing now or ever on when he would decide to transfer. Summer school is not a requirement either.

vCash
    I don't see how the NBA draft or summer school ties in. Like Newman, Keglar is not an NBA player so that really has no bearing now or ever on when he would decide to transfer. Summer school is not a requirement either.
    Okay, look at when most players (90%) announced transfers and then look at when Kegler asked for his release. I bet there is probably a month or more between the two.

Banned
    vCash
    That's what transfers do. They announce in March and April finish out their semester take visits and figure out where they want to go before summer school starts in most places. Only douches do what Kegler/Carter did there because it gives us no contingency plan to try to get another transfer here or even go after a late 2017 player. Transfers almost always ask for releases in March or April. We are damn near in June.
    Okay, so it sucks that he's transferring but it would have made it so much better if he was super nice and polite about it? To hell with that. Late March / Early April is around the same time of the Garrison Brooks saga, and it was already well established that we had literally no options to replace him. This would have been no different if it happened a month and a half ago. Let's just agree that Keglar - Carter are both douchebags and move on.

Banned
    vCash
    Okay, look at when most players (90%) announced transfers and then look at when Kegler asked for his release. I bet there is probably a month or more between the two.
    I'll just take your word for it. No difference to me if it happens in April or May. And no long term impact to our program either for one option over the other.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    How do you know he didnt ask for a release a long time ago and were just now hearing about it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Both Spoons and Stapleton are from the Jackson area, and I called Kegler after he was acting like a diva in the high school national tournament. Howland has to stop signing players that show signs of being divas before they even make it to campus. This one is on Howland. If it was obvious to me watching Kegler twice from my ****ing couch he was going to be a problem it has to be more obvious to Howland. STOP SIGNING BABIES
    Camden is as close to Louisville as it is to jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    How do you know he didnt ask for a release a long time ago and were just now hearing about it?
    Because with as leaky as our athletic department is, it would have gotten out almost instantaneously.

vCash
    He's the last of the 800 transfers to announce they are transferring. Seems later than the norm.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    1) Why can't we ever sign 1 or 2 of these 800 transfers? 2) We need to be permanently done with Ohmar Carter. I don't want to hear us signing one of his players ever again. I'd much rather give some player from Australia or Italy a shot over signing some 5* Ohmar Carter diva any day every day.
    I guess we need to go ahead and take Kenneth Nwuba off the list for 2018 then.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Lulz what a freaking idiot. Carter too. I agree on being done with him. I don't care what players he has, they're not worth it.
    George Brooks can pack Kegler's bags for him and he, Carter and Kegler can leave this campus for good. If Howland signs another Ohmar Carter player he can pack his bags too.

vCash
    I hope Howland gets us winning soon because right now I hate college basketball and I used to love it. Hopefully us winning will help me ignore all the dirtiness and ugliness that goes along with it.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    George Brooks can pack Kegler's bags for him and he, Carter and Kegler can leave this campus for good. If Howland signs another Ohmar Carter player he can pack his bags too.
    The Weatherspoon's were Ohmar guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    The Weatherspoon's were Ohmar guys.
    Not in the same sense. They may have played AAU for him, but he's not their handler and controlling their lives like he seems to be doing with Kegler.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'm so 17ing sick of college basketball.

What an absolute joke.

College football beware. It's coming.

Buncha diva's that can't take coaching and don't understand why they aren't already in the NBA. Seriously, how can a coach do his job anymore? They can't coach kids without them packing their shit up and going home. Kegler's body language to me all year looked entitled and non-interested.

The whole sport can just be flushed down the damn toilet as far as I'm concerned.
    I feel ya'. The NCAA has a lot of work to do. Main thing is we need rules that allow athletes to be fairly compensated for the contributions they make.