Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Per Evan Daniels, Kegler has asked for transfer.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Not in the same sense. They may have played AAU for him, but he's not their handler and controlling their lives like he seems to be doing with Kegler.
    I know that. I was just pointing out that we've gotten some other MBA players. He said not to sign another Ohmar player have to be careful with that statement.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Honestly not that upset. If I was given a choice for one player to leave, it would have been him. I think he was wayyyy overrated and plenty of times last year he was too busy celebrating a shot to get back down the floor on defense. Typical primadonna "me" mentality

vCash
    Not in the same sense. They may have played AAU for him, but he's not their handler and controlling their lives like he seems to be doing with Kegler.
    I agree Smoot but I do think you have to keep some relationship with Omhar Carter just because he is the head of the MBA AAU program. I just think Kegler is getting extremely bad advice and will never find a situation where they will play him solely at the three. The thing I hate the most about this are the optics of it. In the last year, we have had Newman transfer, the Garrison Brooks debacle, and now this. We have had nothing but bad PR and on top of that had a disappointing season last year. But the best thing that can stop this negativity is a great season this year. I am hopeful Howland can get this done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    The Weatherspoon's were Ohmar guys.
    I believe Omhar Carter was Kegler's legal guardian.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I agree Smoot but I do think you have to keep some relationship with Omhar Carter just because he is the head of the MBA AAU program. I just think Kegler is getting extremely bad advice and will never find a situation where they will play him solely at the three. The thing I hate the most about this are the optics of it. In the last year, we have had Newman transfer, the Garrison Brooks debacle, and now this. We have had nothing but bad PR and on top of that had a disappointing season last year. But the best thing that can stop this negativity is a great season this year. I am hopeful Howland can get this done.
    I'm not saying you destroy the relationship. We should continue to go after players we like who play for his AAU team. But any player with a similar relationship with him as Kegler has? Heck no.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyrbrown View Post
    I believe Omhar Carter was Kegler's legal guardian.
    He is

vCash
    What's really funny is that the Commercial Dispatch in Columbus has an article today on this very subject BUT no where in the paper do they mention the guard from Tennessee who has requested to get out of his deal with Ole Miss. I won't link the article because I detest that paper as much or more than I do the Clarion Liar but it's my only source of local news since WCBI sucks donkey dicks big time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Why do you cling to this easily disproven meme?

How in the hell did we finish with a better RPI in 2003 than 2004?

vCash
    I just had the feeling all year, that Kegler was not a team player.

True we will probably miss him, but for the overall good of the team, this might be best in the long run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    How in the hell did we finish with a better RPI in 2003 than 2004?
    That is not RPI, it is KenPom's rating.

Our RPI in 2004 was top 5.

vCash
    Omhar is a piece of shit! There were times when he would be in Kegler's ear during timeouts and when he was on the bench telling him to make sure he got his shots. To hell with the team or what is actual coach says, just get yours. That's Omhar's mentality. He may con these kids/family's into letting him control them, but he is a shitbird!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmabull View Post
    Omhar is a piece of shit! There were times when he would be in Kegler's ear during timeouts and when he was on the bench telling him to make sure he got his shots. To hell with the team or what is actual coach says, just get yours. That's Omhar's mentality. He may con these kids/family's into letting him control them, but he is a shitbird!
    Ban him from campus. Make a statement! Enough is enough, this ****er destroys basketball careers and thinks he gets to run our basketball program and be a parasite to the best players in the state that aren't old enough or smart enough to know he is a total piece of shit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Ban him from campus. Make a statement! Enough is enough, this ****er destroys basketball careers and thinks he gets to run our basketball program and be a parasite to the best players in the state that aren't old enough or smart enough to know he is a total piece of shit
    Don't go that far. We do want players who come through his AAU team, we just don't want anymore he happens to be guardian of. But pissing him off won't do us any good.

vCash
    Kegler to Baylor is what I'm hearing.

edit: per will sammon tweet.
    Last edited by CarolinaDawgs; 05-26-2017 at 12:45 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDawgs View Post
    Drew been in contact with our player. Turn him in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDawgs View Post

edit: per will sammon tweet.
    Lulz, he would be a good fit there.

vCash