Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Per Evan Daniels, Kegler has asked for transfer.

vCash
    Not a surprise at all. It was not a good fit for him, he never looked comfortable. Best of luck to Mario!

vCash
    I think we might be better off. Sounds stupid but he wanted to play the 3 and we have plenty of minutes w guys who can play the 1-3. Good players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    PG - Peters/Weatherspoon
    SG - Q/Tyson
    SF - Xay/Eli
    PF - Holman/Datcher
    C - Herard/Ado
    Only problem i see is Eli at the three. Can he play there? Seems like liability defensively for sure bc of height.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Ado will start
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    That actually looks solid. Hopefully this isn't as big a loss as it seemed at first.
    You think thats an NCAA tourney lineup???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I also don't get why now?

Why didn't Kegler decide to do this earlier?

Did he just get home from school and didn't want to do it with his teammates there?

I don't get the timing.
    I'll get killed and called a homer, but the timing, among other things, suggests this might be a mutual parting more than some think.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I hope he busts out but I still think we're going to need nick and peters on the floor together a lot. And you have to have Q out there so that moves Xay to the 4. Holman' the only other guy that can play the 4.
    Oh yea Howland is going to keep the 2 PG look a lot. That's just the base list I had. Xay is going to log plenty of minutes at the 4 like Mario unless Datcher really improves. Going small isn't really a bad thing for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    If baby spoon and ado are as good as advertised, absolutely.

vCash
    Basically today in college basketball you need one of two things to win and getting both is proving damn near impossible. (1) Elite talent (2) Hard nosed, tough minded players. If you are truly elite like KY, Duke, Kansas you can get away with pure talent. Otherwise you need guys who just play hard and are talented enough.

MSU basketball has had neither. We have good athletes that are soft are some hard nosed guys that aren't very talented.

As for Kegler he's a above average talented guy that is too slow to play the 3 and has no desire to play the 4. Be interested to see where he lands and how it plays out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    No idea. Depends on Q's recovery, freshman to soph development, and how good nick is

vCash
    Speaking of guys wanting to play certain positions which leads to transfer... is Malik expected to play point at Kansas this year?

vCash
    Why do you continue to support and be emotionally involved in a cesspool of a sport in which reporters and other fans celebrate things like this, when it only serves to further destroy the sport?

Seriously and I don't mean this to negative towards you. I just don't see how people continue to give a rip about a cesspool of a sport in which 5 coaches that cheat their ass off completely dominate.
    Its definitely taken a distant 3rd position of my favorite college sports and its mostly because of the entitled, self-absorbed kids that play it now. Its a team game where very few players have any idea of a team concept.

vCash
    I'm so 17ing sick of college basketball.

What an absolute joke.

College football beware. It's coming.

Buncha diva's that can't take coaching and don't understand why they aren't already in the NBA. Seriously, how can a coach do his job anymore? They can't coach kids without them packing their shit up and going home. Kegler's body language to me all year looked entitled and non-interested.

The whole sport can just be flushed down the damn toilet as far as I'm concerned.
    Hurmph, Hurmph. I am beginning to hate college basketball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    So, when do we call the Howland hire a bust?
    Haven't done this in a while but.....You IDIOT!!!
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    I keep hearing what a great coach he is, yet State keeps losing.
    We'll see what this basketball season brings. He needs to produce this winter

vCash
    Ok. Why isn't MSU winning? Are we anything other than marginally better than we were before he got here?
    Why do you cling to this easily disproven meme?

(Note: We actually finished 88th this year. This image was made before all of the postseason tournaments finished.)

Howland significantly improved Ray's players in his first year, and then with an entirely new starting 5 only regressed a little. There's no reason to think we won't be significantly better in year 3.

vCash
    GOOD. I'm glad Kegler is gone. Never saw the fire or intensity needed to compete. He's a diva and plays half ass. Let him be someone else's problem
    Last edited by Cloak; 05-25-2017 at 11:52 PM.

vCash
    Meh, I hate losing a large body, but I lost count of the times someone mentioned they "hoped" Kegler would figure it out soon last year....but he never did. He was a rally killer, turnover creator, and was the only guy that didn't show improvement at any point. He's a small forward that thought he was a shooting guard.

Again, you always hate to lose a big talented guy...but if I had to pick a guy to lose, Kegler would probably be it. We'll be more athletic and probably have a better locker room because if it. Good luck, Mario.

vCash
    I think it's safe to say recruiting a blue chip basketball player from Jackson, MS, usually equates to an enormous waste of time, resources, and effort. I'd either look for sleepers or completely leave that town alone.

vCash
    Kegler isn't a big loss. A tweener with no hope for the NBA. We need the scholarship for the 2018 class and just got it.