Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JT Ginn 2017 Gatorade Player of the Year.

vCash
    If the Ginn family tells the scouts hes going to school then they wont waste an early round pick on him.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    In his tweet about the award he thanked Dak for inspiration. The Dak Effect reaches across all sports.
    Not quite the same situation, but I was visiting Houston, Tx and went to a grocery store. It was a Friday and of course I had something MSU on, but it was just a polo with a small mstate patch on the front. During checkout a young Hispanic guy asked me about Dak and BMac and if I saw them play. I talked to him about 5 or 10 minutes about game day and seeing those two in action. To say they're making a positive impression is an understatement. I was really shocked at how he recognized the logo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    He could be Rooker 2.0 that can also pitch.
    That sounds a little bit like Pete Young.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Perfect Game has his fastball at 94 and that's in the top 98.88% of the country. Anyone know where he's projected in draft? I know you're a friend of the family and the kid wants to be here, but everyone has a number that changes things
    First to second round. Mike's says he's playing at State and he wants jt to have the college experience. JT wants to play at the new Dude and they love Cann.

vCash
    First to second round. Mike's says he's playing at State and he wants jt to have the college experience. JT wants to play at the new Dude and they love Cann.
    You know them so I'll certainly defer to you, but that's hard to turn down

vCash
    Anything can happen. I talk or text mike several times a week and they've never wavered. I firmly believe we will see him in Maroon and White.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Dak spoke at the banquet is why he mentioned him being an inspiration.

vCash
    Times are slowly starting to change. Education is becoming more and more of a priority in our society. Stats show that if you go to college first your chances of going to MLB increase compared to high school. College baseball is growing too. Look at Ole Miss and their last class...and that's Ole Miss.

Also as we have discussed Cann is going to change things for us as far as retention and our fans aren't used to that. But they're going to have to.

vCash
    I like what I'm reading right now!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Times are slowly starting to change. Education is becoming more and more of a priority in our society. Stats show that if you go to college first your chances of going to MLB increase compared to high school. College baseball is growing too. Look at Ole Miss and their last class...and that's Ole Miss.

Also as we have discussed Cann is going to change things for us as far as retention and our fans aren't used to that. But they're going to have to.
    Yep times have changed. A lot of kids making the decision to go to college and play first now. JT is an honor student too.

vCash
    That sounds a little bit like Pete Young.
    Lol, I was thinking the same thing. Be a middle of the order third baseman and come in to close.

vCash
    Yep times have changed. A lot of kids making the decision to go to college and play first now. JT is an honor student too.
    He's going to be a great one for us. I think he's the most talented player to come out of Mississippi since Austin Riley. His class is much deeper in state than this year's senior class too. Luke Hancock, Landon Jordan, Bryce Brock and Brandon Smith are all talented players from Mississippi that are committed to us.

And then Cohen/Cann have some really talented out of state players committed as well in Carter Stewart, Cole Winn, Jeremiah Jackson, Basiel Williams, Will Morrison, Hayden Jones, and Sam Knowlton.

vCash
    One of the top players in the country but Mike says he's coming to State.
    My man! Bringing the good news.

vCash
    Cohen recruited well but Cann will surpass what he did. Future is bright!

vCash
    He's going to be a great one for us. I think he's the most talented player to come out of Mississippi since Austin Riley. His class is much deeper in state than this year's senior class too. Luke Hancock, Landon Jordan, Bryce Brock and Brandon Smith are all talented players from Mississippi that are committed to us.

And then Cohen/Cann have some really talented out of state players committed as well in Carter Stewart, Cole Winn, Jeremiah Jackson, Basiel Williams, Will Morrison, Hayden Jones, and Sam Knowlton.
    Yeah this is gonna be a great class! funny thing about JT he grew up playing travel ball with the Bianco boys and are good friends. Glad we got him! He's a difference maker at the plate and on the mound.

vCash
    Yeah this is gonna be a great class! funny thing about JT he grew up playing travel ball with the Bianco boys and are good friends. Glad we got him! He's a difference maker at the plate and on the mound.
    I think it's really funny that Bianco's son committed to LSU when Cannizaro was still there. In hindsight, that has to leave a mark.

vCash

Yep, It is pretty easy to get lost in the fray for a kid out of high school going straight to pro ball. I think you learn so much as a player playing college ball first and you have a chance to mature and grow up a bit. I honestly think unless you are a lottery pick(top 15 overall) it makes more sense to go to school long term. I know high six figures low 7 is tough to turn down but after taxes and living on 1100$ a month for several years it isn't nearly as much as it sounds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Yep, It is pretty easy to get lost in the fray for a kid out of high school going straight to pro ball. I think you learn so much as a player playing college ball first and you have a chance to mature and grow up a bit. I honestly think unless you are a lottery pick(top 15 overall) it makes more sense to go to school long term. I know high six figures low 7 is tough to turn down but after taxes and living on 1100$ a month for several years it isn't nearly as much as it sounds.
    It depends on if you get enough to buy a house, car, and get your school paid for after a few years in the minors. You need to get enough money to make that worth it combined with the chance to make the MLB goes down by skipping college. More active MLB players now went to college than straight out of high school. I might be wrong but I thought I saw 60% of MLB players went to college. If you then look at foreign players then American born players more than likely need to go to college to be successful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    It depends on if you get enough to buy a house, car, and get your school paid for after a few years in the minors. You need to get enough money to make that worth it combined with the chance to make the MLB goes down by skipping college. More active MLB players now went to college than straight out of high school. I might be wrong but I thought I saw 60% of MLB players went to college. If you then look at foreign players then American born players more than likely need to go to college to be successful.
    If you are good enough, the money will be there in 3 years too + you have enhanced your chances of making MLB.

vCash
    I agree Hoops. If you are a borderline 1st-2nd round kid out of high school, you sure as shit can turn that into a top ten pick in three years. And the difference between a borderline 1st second round pick goes from $1 million to $4.3 million so you will have made yourself a cool $3.3 million more just by waiting three years.