Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Todd Walker says we just earned Regional Host

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I don't think much will help us if our rpi is over 20. Arkansas is killing Auburn right now so I don't think we take their spot. How solid is Southern's hosting spot? I know they lost yesterday and won today. Can they lose themselves out of hosting in the CUSA tournament?
    Yep, interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Yep, interesting.
    My point was that if it's not 100% sunshine pumping on here you always jump in and blast State fans. I try real hard to not get in pissing matches on here so have a good evening.

vCash
    Southern won't lose their host spot. No chance. But I think there are several others that could. If we beat Florida tomorrow, we will have a shot at it. Some of y'all are putting a little TOO much emphasis on rpi in my opinion. Yes, it's very important, but just like 20+ rpi rarely hosts...19+ SEC wins rarely doesn't host. So it's not all about the rpi. In my opinion we were never taking Arkansas' host spot after they finished 4th, but we can take someone else's. Beating Florida is a monster task for us though, so all of this is probably moot.

vCash
    My point was that if it's not 100% sunshine pumping on here you always jump in and blast State fans. I try real hard to not get in pissing matches on here so have a good evening.
    Yep

vCash
    Yep
    Why do you insist on being "that guy"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Why not? This place needs some "sunshine" even if I do disagree with the label. Those that actually do know me, and at least one here does, would find that "sunshine pumper" label highly amusing. Then again most of the MSU folks I know aren't relentlessly negative. They are pretty realistic.

vCash
    Why not? This place needs some "sunshine" even if I do disagree with the label. Those that actually do know me, and at least one here does, would find that "sunshine pumper" label highly amusing. Then again most of the MSU folks I know aren't relentlessly negative. They are pretty realistic.
    "Sunshine pumper" guy is not the "that guy" I was referring to...."annoying thread killer smartass" guy is the guy. Your coach ass kissing that you call "sunshine pumping", isn't nearly your worst trait.

vCash
    I know little about them except they won their "conference" and didn't we beat them a time or two this year? What is Southern's SOS and RPI? I know the SEC can't get every host spot, but is Southern for real or just the best team in a nothing conference?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I know little about them except they won their "conference" and didn't we beat them a time or two this year? What is Southern's SOS and RPI? I know the SEC can't get every host spot, but is Southern for real or just the best team in a nothing conference?
    They beat us

vCash
    Thanks. Had forgotten that, should have asked my son. That was a mid-game, so is their conference a good baseball league this year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    They beat us
    Give us our 8 pitchers back and they don't beat us and to add to it we would take 2 of 3 from them on the weekend. Don't forget Ole Miss beat them.

vCash
    "Sunshine pumper" guy is not the "that guy" I was referring to...."annoying thread killer smartass" guy is the guy. Your coach ass kissing that you call "sunshine pumping", isn't nearly your worst trait.
    Relentless negativity brings out the &$@&@!: in me. I just can't help myself, esp when it tries to portray itself as being "realistic."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Give us our 8 pitchers back and they don't beat us and to add to it we would take 2 of 3 from them on the weekend. Don't forget Ole Miss beat them.
    We also didn't have Mangum because that was the game he was suspended. And Ole Miss actually beat them twice.

vCash
    I don't think much will help us if our rpi is over 20. Arkansas is killing Auburn right now so I don't think we take their spot. How solid is Southern's hosting spot? I know they lost yesterday and won today. Can they lose themselves out of hosting in the CUSA tournament?
    I think it's possible if they lose to a low RPI team in their conference tournament again.

I think our only chance is to win the SEC Tournament probably because the likely would mean beating Florida at least once and probably twice and then probably LSU or Kentucky in the Championship Game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Thanks. Had forgotten that, should have asked my son. That was a mid-game, so is their conference a good baseball league this year?
    They beat us right after we had been swept by Arkansas which was probably the low point of the season.

vCash
    Thank you

Banned
    vCash
    That's because we've been a baseball school for a while and our experience enables us to know what it takes to be picked to host. We could go on about our tradition and how we should host because of our field and our fans but that would be the same as some school's fans thinking they should host because of the square, the grove, and beer showers. That's not how this works.
    This post is actually totally spot on Liverpool. The NCAA stopped rewarding host spots to traditional baseball schools about ten years ago. They pick the 16 host spots based on strongest resumes only now.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Our RPI went all the way up to 29.

**** you RPI.
    We currently have awful losses to Morehead State and Marist, a bad loss to FIU, 2 losses to a really bad UGA team and 2 losses to a pretty bad Oregon team. We should easily have, at a minimum, 3 or 4 wins in that stretch of 7 games where we shit the bed. We have no one to blame but ourselves for our RPI being where it is. You can't cheat a mathematical formula, or be cheated by it. We go 3-4 instead of 0-7 in the games mentioned above, and it's a non-issue.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think it's possible if they lose to a low RPI team in their conference tournament again.

I think our only chance is to win the SEC Tournament probably because the likely would mean beating Florida at least once and probably twice and then probably LSU or Kentucky in the Championship Game.
    USM has 45 ****ing wins. They are hosting no matter what.

vCash
    Here's the scenario no one is talking about. Let's say we get a 2 seed, and the regional we pair up with also has a 2 seed come out. How does that affect construction if we potentially host?