Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Uh oh..."Houston Nutt seeking apology from Ole Miss after NCAA violation..."

vCash
    Nutt's going to cream'm!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgowar View Post
    Per the COI site the hearings are scheduled on the second weekend of the month. (On the months hearings are slated. One of which is June)

Should be June 10th then unless Forde is wrong. August is the next month. Makes sense the release their version of things on the 5th and then go to the hearing. The spin will really start then. Rumors about getting off easy will be spewed 24/7. Fun times!
    That is interesting.... that is the DAY after the NOA is due to RoseBowl..... haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Mars is certain of what transpired: Someone or some group of people at Ole Miss quickly leaked information to media members in an effort to minimize the appearance of impropriety related to the football program in general and Freeze?s staff in specific.

?I?m 100 percent certain the information was leaked by the university,? Mars said. ?And I?m absolutely certain I could prove that in court.?

The problem for Ole Miss was this: The leaked information didn?t match the facts.
    SLANDER/defamation of character..... I will serve as a juror for this case.... haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I may be wrong but I thought they have been saying the WEEK of June 5th. Seems June 9th around 5 pm would be the day that they would like to release.
    Good point

vCash

vCash
    “The university can still do the right thing,” he said. “Only time will tell if Chancellor [Jeffrey] Vitter has that kind of courage.”

Newsflash Mr. Mars - no one at that hive of scum and villainy has the courage to do anything morally correct where the football program is concerned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Nutt's going to cream'm!
    ole miss gonna get Nutted on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I may be wrong but I thought they have been saying the WEEK of June 5th. Seems June 9th around 5 pm would be the day that they would like to release.
    IF the NCAA meets with OM on June 10th...
    THEN the NCAA would NOT have had much time to REVIEW OM's response...
    So one, they already know what the sentence to be handed down to OM is...
    or.... no one else cares what OM's response really is....

When did the NCAA receive their response? That is a huge question now....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    So hearing before the COI is scheduled for June then according to this article.
    I saw that too. That seems like a quick turn around. OM has to submit their response to the Amended NOA, then the NCAA has to review OM's response and provide their rebuttal or further evidence of wrongdoing. Then the NCAA has to present the entire case to the COI for their review and schedule the hearing where OM pleads their defense against the allegations. Seems a little soon to be going before the COI in early summer?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeDawg View Post
    I saw that too. That seems like a quick turn around. OM has to submit their response to the Amended NOA, then the NCAA has to review OM's response and provide their rebuttal or further evidence of wrongdoing. Then the NCAA has to present the entire case to the COI for their review and schedule the hearing where OM pleads their defense against the allegations. Seems a little soon to be going before the COI in early summer?
    You assume they have not already submitted a response. Quite possible given we don't know the real timeline.

vCash
    You assume they have not already submitted a response. Quite possible given we don't know the real timeline.
    Well with all of "our" people in the know about the inner workings of the case, I just assumed one of our folks would be privy to this information and would have spilled the info by now. "If" they go before the COI in June, then OM was able to keep it under tight wraps.

vCash
    I think there are a couple of assumptions here:

First, we have the assumption that OM got the second NOA/amendments around middle of February, as the NCAA hostage video was put up on you tube on the 22nd. If that is so, then 90 days from the middle of February is middle of May when their response was due to the NCAA COI, and if you assume secondly that there was a 30-day extention filed, then mid-June for it to be due.

All that makes sense if you then assume that they are publicizing the response pursuant to the Mississippi Ethics Commission letter the week of June 5 - which most on here then assume that the actual date during the week of June 5 would be June 9th.

That's a lot of assuming.

Now, it is possible that they received the amendment letter from the NCAA in late January. There was a lot of rumor that they had, though we had no confirmation of that date. If they received it in mid-to-late January, then the clock is different and their 90 days for response to the NCAA would have been mid-to late April. To my knowledge, we haven't actually heard there was a 30 day extension filed - we just assume that one of the parties would have filed such.

So it's possible that they have already filed their response in April, and the NCAA COI has scheduled a hearing at their June meeting.

I'm not sure of either, I'm just playing with the calendar based on what that article said.

vCash
    This could set Ole Miss back Fity years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This could set Ole Miss back Fity years.
    Or bury them (aka the DP and cause removal from the SEC)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokerDawg View Post
    Can't believe this part isn't getting more traction on here. Paging Cadaver!!! Is this one of the IT's?
    Happy to report this is NOT one of the IT's I was referring to...but Christmas in June came a little early this year, bc this is horrible press for OM, and we all know how important PR is to Ole Miss and their prickbase...err fanbase.

Banned
    vCash
    OleMiss- the most corrupt, criminal organization in NCAA History. More corrupt than the ottoman Empire. More corrupt than a Chicago Alderman.

The depths of Ole Miss' depravity knows no bounds. The only the NCAA should do, is shut down their entire athletic department, and make them work on rebuilding their shattered reputation of being a 4th rate academic institution.

vCash
    Bust 'em, Nutt.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Nutt should talk to John Grisham and write the next great southern thriller, "The Bag Man"

How a mythical southern college wants to win so badly, they must silence an innocent ex-coach (Mattew McConaughey). The college sends goons to assassinate the ex-coach with a margarita drink with radio active isotopes mixed with the salt. The climax is the coach is chased through Memphis streets and is rescued by an idealistic young Civil Rights attorney played by Margo Robbie. The corrupt chancellor of the mythical southern college is played by Jon Voight.

vCash
    It's also possible that they sent them a review copy or a draft. The entire process may not be totally closed between the NCAA and the offending institution. One never knows.

vCash
    I hope he sues them and wins so much they have to shut the place down. It would be poetic justice plus it would benefit Mississippi immensely. Hopefully the state has enough foresight to split the medical center off and make it independent before it happens. Their graduates have been a minority down there for decades anyway.